Setlist Revealed on RIAB

hektur

Here are the Different Set Lists Stacked Up (I Highligheted the Changes)

Leg1 / Leg2

Limelight / Limelight

Digital Man / Digital Man

Entra Nous / for/ Ghost of a Chance

Mission / Mission

Freewill / Freewill

TMMB / TMMB

Larger Bowl / Larger Bowl

Secret Touch /for / Red Barchetta

Circumstances /for/ The Trees

Between the Wheels / Between the Wheels

Dreamline / Dreamline

Far Cry / Far Cry

WTA / WTA

Armor&Sword / Armor&Sword

Spindrift / Spindrift

TWTWB / TWTWB

Subdivisions / Subdivisions

Natural Science / Natural Science

Witch Hunt / Witch Hunt

MalNar/Solo / MalNar/Solo

Hope / Hope

STB/DEW /order/song switch/ Spirit of Radio

Spirit of Radio /order/song switch/ 2112 (OV/Tem)

Tom Sawyer / Tom Sawyer

OLV / OLV

Bangkok / Bangkok

YYZ / YYZ

Yes, very minor changes indeed. espically in the second set. But yes this migh be a Puerto Rico only setlist, and we still might see some more changes in the mainland, or we might not....we just have to wait and see.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this turns out to be correct, I wouldn't be disappointed at all. I like the fact that they swapped out some of the non-S&A tunes. It was cool that we got to hear Entre Nous and Circumstances. But, I'm looking forward to hearing Ghost of a Chance, The Trees, 2112, etc...

My son is going to be ecstatic!

I agree that there's a possibility of a PR only setlist, but I'd be surprised if they don't stick pretty close to this list.

I am surprised however since they are releasing a Live CD that what appears on that and what this list reflects is pretty close to each other.

Personally, I was hoping for more of a shake up since I saw the tour last summer, especially with the S&A songs, but I'll be really happy to take my 10 year old daughter to her very first 2.gif concert in Detroit.

Well, I was hoping for more than 4 changes, but this is still a great setlist.

The only real surprise here is Ghost of a Chance (very underrated song IMO), although I wish they could play Entre Nous as well.

Good to see Digital Man still in.

2112, Red Barchetta and The Trees are always great live, good to see them back.

As was said before, I would like to hear Jacob's Ladder (possibly in place of Natural Science), Marathon as well (instead of Mission maybe).

I also agree that One Little Victory wasn't very effective in the encore. I think Hemispheres: Prelude would be a perfect replacement. However, I'm not sure Geddy could handle it every night, even if they down-tune a step. The Analog Kid would be a more realistic replacement.

Overall though, I really like this setlist.

I really dunno if I buy this because some things don't match up with Alex's interview. Like I knew them visiting new places would encourage them to play popular songs but still things don't match up!

Wasn't Alex asked in an interview "are you playing anything off 2112?" and he took a long time to respond with a yes.

They switched Entre Nous for A Ghost of Chance?

Where is Marathon? Jacob's Ladder? The Camera Eye?

Where's this surprise song? are they gunna play all of 2112?

Where's Working Man? Xanadu?

cheer.gif Anyways this set is better than last year and so far I really like it!

MEH...

I was hoping to break up the beginning of the second set with the 5 straight S&A songs. I don't mind the songs being played, but I'd love to see them mixed in with some of the others. But I cant complain at all about the setlist - its going to be great!

32 User(s) are reading this topic (13 Guests and 2 Anonymous Users):

PRAETORIAN, kylemcm, tangy, ReRushed, mmcgrane, trenken, jaski, Pound of Obscure, rushfr:CP, Don Quixote, keakag, ifloveremains, PGrace02, Crudson, tripinva, Erebus, Hear Again

Popular topic eh? laugh.gif

QUOTE (hektur @ Apr 10 2008, 03:28 AM)
From RIAB's site:

Here's the entire rehearsal setlist:

Limelight
Digital Man
Ghost Of A Chance
Mission
Freewill
The Main Monkey Business
The Larger Bowl (video intro)
Red Barchetta
The Trees
Between The Wheels
Dreamline

INTERMISSION

Far Cry (video intro)
Workin' Them Angels
Armor and Sword
Spindrift
The Way The Wind Blows
Subdivisions
Natural Science
Witch Hunt
Malignant Narcissism (drum solo)
Hope
The Spirit Of Radio
2112 (overture/the temples of syrinx)
Tom Sawyer (south park intro)

ENCORE

One Little Victory
A Passage To Bangkok
YYZ

I am in love with that setlist.

I couldn't be happier. I hope that really is it. smile.gif

Love the set list. One minor complaint: PRESTO Album!!!!! Have they completely forgotten presto was even recorded? I think it's been since Vapor Trails tour that we have heard anything from this album! (Correct me if I am wrong) They used to always intro "The Pass" as one of their favorite songs. "Where's my thing?" is one of their best instrumentals. I could be in the minority amongst my fellow rush fans, but I love Presto and wish they would give us something from it.

This setlist seems a little fishy. I'm not sure I believe it. Perhaps it's a special set for PR since they have not heard the classics before. It doesn't jive with what Alex has been saying in his radio interviews and it doesn't jive with "camp" rumors. Ed at RIAB said he had good inside information they were playing Jacobs Ladder and Marathon. If it were anyone else I would say BS but Ed doesn't say something without first hand knowledge. Alex said in his interviews that there were 2 songs they have never performed live before. I don't see those 2 songs. He also said they were adding 2 songs to the setlist. Not swapping out but adding. I don't see those either. Also, Alex mentioned all new video for the show and there is no mention of that. Just the same video for the same songs on last leg. And finally, am I the only one who finds it odd that the "spy" who sent in this setlist added an "INTERMISSION"...kinda weird.

QUOTE (otserp @ Apr 10 2008, 09:43 AM)
Love the set list. One minor complaint: PRESTO Album!!!!! Have they completely forgotten presto was even recorded? I think it's been since Vapor Trails tour that we have heard anything from this album! (Correct me if I am wrong) They used to always intro "The Pass" as one of their favorite songs. "Where's my thing?" is one of their best instrumentals. I could be in the minority amongst my fellow rush fans, but I love Presto and wish they would give us something from it.

Where's My Thing was off RTB not Presto.

QUOTE (Crudson @ Apr 10 2008, 10:08 AM)
trink39.gif

Ghost of a Chance followed by Mission will probably make me cry. Amazing.

I love that combination as well. I hope this is the real deal, or at least what they play in TO!

I don't find this dissapointing at all. Keep in mind that the main point of this leg was to hit cities and play for people that they missed last year. Think of it this way. If right after you saw them last year they anounced that they would tour again next year and would play 2112, Ghost, the Trees and Red Barchetta, I think I would have been thrilled at that point so why by dissapointed now? Can't wait, just can't wait!

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 10 2008, 08:52 AM)
but they sure as hell don't want to learn a lot of new songs.

Don't they already know them?

I played to COS last night. First time in 10 years. Played it at about 90% accuracy. Hard to figure it would require much work on their parts to "learn" their own songs.

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Apr 10 2008, 09:46 AM)
This setlist seems a little fishy. I'm not sure I believe it. Perhaps it's a special set for PR since they have not heard the classics before. It doesn't jive with what Alex has been saying in his radio interviews and it doesn't jive with "camp" rumors. Ed at RIAB said he had good inside information they were playing Jacobs Ladder and Marathon. If it were anyone else I would say BS but Ed doesn't say something without first hand knowledge. Alex said in his interviews that there were 2 songs they have never performed live before. I don't see those 2 songs. He also said they were adding 2 songs to the setlist. Not swapping out but adding. I don't see those either. Also, Alex mentioned all new video for the show and there is no mention of that. Just the same video for the same songs on last leg. And finally, am I the only one who finds it odd that the "spy" who sent in this setlist added an "INTERMISSION"...kinda weird.

This is just what they rehearsed -- yesterday (right?) There's room for more today. We'll know more after the first couple shows what is the "real deal".

Archived