Setlist Revealed on RIAB

hektur

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Apr 10 2008, 09:49 AM)
QUOTE (otserp @ Apr 10 2008, 09:43 AM)
Love the set list. One minor complaint: PRESTO Album!!!!! Have they completely forgotten presto was even recorded? I think it's been since Vapor Trails tour that we have heard anything from this album! (Correct me if I am wrong) They used to always intro "The Pass" as one of their favorite songs. "Where's my thing?" is one of their best instrumentals. I could be in the minority amongst my fellow rush fans, but I love Presto and wish they would give us something from it.

Where's My Thing was off RTB not Presto.

Yikes! Where's my brain?

Thanks BrightAntennae, you could have been cruel. I would have deserved it though.

My brain fart aside; I still really miss the playing anything from Presto sad.gif

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Apr 10 2008, 05:46 AM)
That isn't much of a revamp! After what they said about revamping the set, I'm sceptical about this constant rotation, might end up like a DEW/SB thing.

But to be more positive, DS, that's really cool you get to see some of your fav. songs trink39.gif

It's a far cry from the 8 or 9 changes everyone thought they'd have!

Why even say it's a revamp? How many changes are there? 2? 3?

QUOTE (savagegrace26 @ Apr 10 2008, 07:40 AM)
"Alex says they will play 9 songs off of S&A, a few songs they have never played live and they added a couple of other songs to the setlist."

Unless Alex doesn't remember playing Red Barchetta and The Trees before - he must have lied!

I agree, this doesn't sound right to me at all.

Where are the additional songs as well as the songs they've never played live before?

I really think they are going to change the setlist for the areas of the states they played last leg.

If they don't ... I'll be scratching my head as to how they think they'll sell as many tickets as last leg.

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Apr 10 2008, 08:27 AM)
I wish everyone who's going to a show a great time, which I know you'll have and what did I say, told ya they wouldn't play Hemispheres.

Damnit, why's it on Neil's front page then?

Hopefully they'll change it up a lot for the US spots, especially.. oh, say in mid June cool.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 10 2008, 08:36 AM)
Here are the Different Set Lists Stacked Up (I Highligheted the Changes)

Leg1 / Leg2

Limelight / Limelight
Digital Man / Digital Man
Entra Nous / for/ Ghost of a Chance
Mission / Mission
Freewill / Freewill
TMMB / TMMB
Larger Bowl / Larger Bowl
Secret Touch /for / Red Barchetta
Circumstances /for/ The Trees
Between the Wheels / Between the Wheels
Dreamline / Dreamline
Far Cry / Far Cry
WTA / WTA
Armor&Sword / Armor&Sword
Spindrift / Spindrift
TWTWB / TWTWB
Subdivisions / Subdivisions
Natural Science / Natural Science
Witch Hunt / Witch Hunt
MalNar/Solo / MalNar/Solo
Hope / Hope
STB/DEW /order/song switch/ Spirit of Radio
Spirit of Radio /order/song switch/ 2112 (OV/Tem)

Tom Sawyer / Tom Sawyer
OLV / OLV
Bangkok / Bangkok
YYZ / YYZ

Yes, very minor changes indeed. espically in the second set. But yes this migh be a Puerto Rico only setlist, and we still might see some more changes in the mainland, or we might not....we just have to wait and see.

Ugh, the only change I like is Red Barchetta. I'd rather hear Circumstances and Entre Nous personally.

OK, this spoiler I believe. BUT WHY, WHY, WHY DROP CIRCUMSTANCES??? I love The Trees, but they could have sacrificed a new song or a 'played out' song to bring it back. I would have liked to see a few more surprises, but at least they didn't bring back Bravado, Driven, Red Sector A or Force Ten. 2112 and Barchetta is back at least. They should have dropped Dreamline for a more exiting set 1 finale, like Anthem or Xanadu. Rock on.

I suppose I'm a little disappointed, but certainly not surprised. I thought there would be a significant re-vamp of the encores though and a replacement for Digital Man. (I was hoping for Prime Mover) Even at Red Rocks D.M. just didn't seem to work. Great song, just not great in this setlist.

Thank God this wasn`t the setlist they used in Europe when touring "Snakes & Arrows". Most of the new additions to the (rehearsal) setlist was played during the R30 tour which also reached Europe. And as much as I love Ghost Of A Chance, I still wouldn`t have swapped it with Entre Nous. And all the old standards (The Trees, 2112, Red Barchetta) instead of for instance Circumstances wouldn`t do much for me. So far this new setlist is really disappointing in my opinion.

QUOTE (Freeze @ Apr 10 2008, 11:04 AM)
Thank God this wasn`t the setlist they used in Europe when touring "Snakes & Arrows". Most of the new additions to the (rehearsal) setlist was played during the R30 tour which also reached Europe. And as much as I love Ghost Of A Chance, I still wouldn`t have swapped it with Entre Nous. And all the old standards (The Trees, 2112, Red Barchetta) instead of for instance Circumstances wouldn`t do much for me. So far this new setlist is really disappointing in my opinion.

I'd have to say that Ghost of a Chance is the BIG surprise here! The other changes are very humdrum. But, lets not forget, we're talking about a Rush show here! It's going to be great regardless of the setlist! Hell, play Tom Sawyer 21 times! It's still a Rush show.

QUOTE (HigherWater @ Apr 10 2008, 12:15 PM)
QUOTE (Freeze @ Apr 10 2008, 11:04 AM)

I'd have to say that Ghost of a Chance is the BIG surprise here! The other changes are very humdrum. But, lets not forget, we're talking about a Rush show here! It's going to be great regardless of the setlist! Hell, play Tom Sawyer 21 times! It's still a Rush show.

yes.gif

Well, I guess we'll soon find out.

I'm stoked about:

Digital Man

Red Barchetta

The Trees

Dreamline

Subdivisions

Natural Science

2112 (overture/the temples of syrinx)

with those songs, how could it possibly be a bad show!! I just hope they alternate a couple as they go along because I'm going to three consecutive shows! would have liked to see the weapon, jacob's ladder and driven but you can't have everything! 1022.gif cool10.gif 1022.gif cool10.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Apr 10 2008, 11:35 AM)
I'm stoked about:

Digital Man
Red Barchetta
The Trees
Dreamline
Subdivisions
Natural Science

with those songs, how could it possibly be a bad show!! I just hope they alternate a couple as they go along because I'm going to three consecutive shows! would have liked to see the weapon, jacob's ladder and driven but you can't have everything! 1022.gif cool10.gif 1022.gif cool10.gif 1022.gif

I'm happy they might be keeping Between the Wheels since GUP's one of my favorite albums from them. But where's the Counterparts representation? Power Windows? Any of the first 3 albums?

And no offense, even a song as good as Dreamline gets old the 10th time you've seen / heard it live.

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Apr 10 2008, 10:35 AM)
I'm stoked about:

Digital Man
Red Barchetta
The Trees
Dreamline
Subdivisions
Natural Science

awesome set list. They will never be able to make a setlist that pleases everybody, which seems strange to me. I'm just happy as S**t they are even doing another leg. I can't wait til June 3!!

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Apr 10 2008, 11:45 AM)
QUOTE (MMCXII @ Apr 10 2008, 11:35 AM)
I'm stoked about:

Digital Man
Red Barchetta
The Trees
Dreamline
Subdivisions
Natural Science

with those songs, how could it possibly be a bad show!!  I just hope they alternate a couple as they go along because I'm going to three consecutive shows!  would have liked to see the weapon, jacob's ladder and driven but you can't have everything!  1022.gif  cool10.gif  1022.gif  cool10.gif  1022.gif

I'm happy they might be keeping Between the Wheels since GUP's one of my favorite albums from them. But where's the Counterparts representation? Power Windows? Any of the first 3 albums?

And no offense, even a song as good as Dreamline gets old the 10th time you've seen / heard it live.

good point but I've only heard it once so far so I got a ways to go I guess... wink.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 10 2008, 11:48 AM)
You know, I will never get tired of Dreamline. I am glad they're keeping it.

Dreamline is soo epic! Do you guys even remember how Alex did a fat solo before the actual dreamline recorded solo? f**k this was his best solo of the 07 tour! I hope he actually listened to the Bangkok solo because he didn't know it very well last leg.

Everyone just get pumped! It's 2.gif 1022.gif

I LOVE this setlist as it includes alll the classics that the audience loves including me! 2112 is a staple as is Red Barchetta, and should be in every setlist, BUT

Count me in on the skeptics list:

1. It would make sense for them to do a different show in Puerto Rico, that includes all their staples

2. It really doesn't jive with interviews that I've heard.

3. There sure were some credible (I thought) people coming in here with those rumors. I thought they were going to make more changes.

I guarantee this setlist will be different when they hit the Strates, but probably not much different

i peeked and yes its a rush show but they HAVE PLAYED ALMOST ALL of the additions in the last 2 tours. why get rid of surprises and add trees and red barchetta? they played both in "recent tours". bring out some power windows or even some presto gems and get with the program. i still think the will drop a few for shows in the states.

Archived