2008 tour dates

nobodys hero

QUOTE (daveyt @ Nov 6 2007, 10:54 PM)
QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Nov 6 2007, 01:01 PM)
About a dozen dates in the Western US = ROAD TRIPS!  1022.gif

yes.gif

I intend to be in San Francisco in May. If there are 12 dates in Western USA, I am hoping very much for one in the Bay Area!

common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (rushfan4life @ Nov 6 2007, 05:46 PM)
ewwww not the purdential center, i was just there for one of the bon jovi concerts and the place sounds like butt. the sound wasnt good and i would never go to another concert there again UNLESS it was Rush and they are not playing another show in NYC. But is anyone doubting them doing a show in Radio City? I mean they hit all the big spots in NYC but Radio City. I think it will happen so im not too upset about the show being at the Prud Center

thank you.thank you. this is what i was saying 1022.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Nov 6 2007, 05:04 PM)
i hear what you are saying but, im in carmel n.y. it took 3 hrs by car to get to the arena. plus, parking in n.j. just to take a train in n.j would be a nightmare with a pregnant wife. thank's for the info, im not saying i wont go see rush[ if thats the only place they are playing ,i gotta do what i gotta do lol] i would rather have them play in a.c. but if ya got any info, im up for it 2.gif

I just mapquested your location. One option (if you're not against trains) would be to go down to the shore - probably in CT. I hear - although I don't know - that there's a train line that runs along the southern shore from New Haven into NYC. I'm not the expert, but I believe Lakeside Maiden, Der Trommler, and Tortoise and Hare took it for the MSG show. They'd be better with line info and stop details.

That said, I pass by your area all the time to get to NJ. I go out 84 to 684 and go down to the Tappan Zee. If I were going from your location, I'd do just that. 684 takes you down to 287, which puts you on the Thruway. Then hop on the Garden State Parkway south and you're in Joisey. You could take the Parkway to any number of places to catch the train - again, assuming that it wouldn't be an issue with a wife who's preggers. Exit...crap. I forget which exit is Metro Park - 142ish, perhaps? The train station is right off the exit, and that line would take you right up to Newark. Not the most direct route, but I'd rather take the train; that's completely personal preference, of course. If you would consider staying in NJ and not driving back, there's always the Hilton in Gateway Center (right across the street from Penn Station). I also stayed recently at the Robert Treat Hotel in Newark, which is right across the street from NJPAC and right around the corner from the Pru Ctr. They have free parking for customers, and the walk would be just a few blocks. They were $100/night. Personally, I wouldn't get a hotel for a concert, but if that works out better for you, get there much earlier in the day when traffic isn't bad (assuming it's not a weekday) and then leave the next day.

Just a couple of possibilities. Hopefully at least 1 will help you out.

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Nov 6 2007, 06:13 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Nov 6 2007, 05:04 PM)
i hear what you are saying but, im in carmel n.y. it took 3 hrs by car to get to the arena. plus, parking in n.j. just to take a train in n.j would be a nightmare with a pregnant wife. thank's for the info, im not saying i wont go see rush[ if thats the only place they are playing ,i gotta do what i gotta do lol]  i would rather have them play in a.c. but if ya got any info, im up for it 2.gif

I just mapquested your location. One option (if you're not against trains) would be to go down to the shore - probably in CT. I hear - although I don't know - that there's a train line that runs along the southern shore from New Haven into NYC. I'm not the expert, but I believe Lakeside Maiden, Der Trommler, and Tortoise and Hare took it for the MSG show. They'd be better with line info and stop details.

That said, I pass by your area all the time to get to NJ. I go out 84 to 684 and go down to the Tappan Zee. If I were going from your location, I'd do just that. 684 takes you down to 287, which puts you on the Thruway. Then hop on the Garden State Parkway south and you're in Joisey. You could take the Parkway to any number of places to catch the train - again, assuming that it wouldn't be an issue with a wife who's preggers. Exit...crap. I forget which exit is Metro Park - 142ish, perhaps? The train station is right off the exit, and that line would take you right up to Newark. Not the most direct route, but I'd rather take the train; that's completely personal preference, of course. If you would consider staying in NJ and not driving back, there's always the Hilton in Gateway Center (right across the street from Penn Station). I also stayed recently at the Robert Treat Hotel in Newark, which is right across the street from NJPAC and right around the corner from the Pru Ctr. They have free parking for customers, and the walk would be just a few blocks. They were $100/night. Personally, I wouldn't get a hotel for a concert, but if that works out better for you, get there much earlier in the day when traffic isn't bad (assuming it's not a weekday) and then leave the next day.

Just a couple of possibilities. Hopefully at least 1 will help you out.

thank's, i will go thru all the thing's i can do if they do play that arena. thank's for going thru the trouble to help me out. very cool of you. what is funny is the way you said to go, that is the way we took to the show a week ago. and it took 3 f-n hr's. no kiddin. i will figure something out after all it is 2.gif thank's

'POINTS IN BETWEEN'

BETTER MEAN

TORONTO, DETROIT

CHICAGO OR CLEVELAND.

otherwise I will have to drive to Kentucky and Tennessee!

I am in college Rush! I can't even eat food let alone

drive to the bible belt!

I would do it though......road trip

QUOTE (metaldad @ Nov 6 2007, 06:27 PM)
thank's, i will go thru all the thing's i can do if they do play that arena. thank's for going thru the trouble to help me out. very cool of you.  what is funny is the way you said to go, that is the way we took to the show a week ago. and it took 3 f-n hr's. no kiddin. i will figure something out after all it is  2.gif  thank's

No problem. If it took you 3 hours, you either took a detour or went when there was traffic. I can make it from my house in VT to my old house in NJ (way further south than Newark) if there's no traffic. Traffic is really the key. If you hit traffic on the Thruway or GSP, you're screwed. If you need more advice, feel free to PM me. I'm not a current Joisey resident, but I lived there for 30 years and my job is based right around the corner from the Pru Ctr, so I know the area a bit. smile.gif

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Nov 6 2007, 10:40 AM)
Tennessee, Kentucky and Mississippi.

Woo - hoo - there's hope that I'll finally get to see a show, after a 26 year gap! It's only fitting - I haven't been crazy for most of the music after Signals, but absolutely LOVE Snakes & Arrows. Perfect!

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Nov 6 2007, 08:47 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Nov 6 2007, 06:27 PM)
thank's, i will go thru all the thing's i can do if they do play that arena. thank's for going thru the trouble to help me out. very cool of you.  what is funny is the way you said to go, that is the way we took to the show a week ago. and it took 3 f-n hr's. no kiddin. i will figure something out after all it is  2.gif  thank's

No problem. If it took you 3 hours, you either took a detour or went when there was traffic. I can make it from my house in VT to my old house in NJ (way further south than Newark) if there's no traffic. Traffic is really the key. If you hit traffic on the Thruway or GSP, you're screwed. If you need more advice, feel free to PM me. I'm not a current Joisey resident, but I lived there for 30 years and my job is based right around the corner from the Pru Ctr, so I know the area a bit. smile.gif

thank's bro. i will

QUOTE (metaldad @ Nov 6 2007, 03:57 PM)
QUOTE (pt2112 @ Nov 6 2007, 02:12 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Nov 6 2007, 01:45 PM)
QUOTE (pt2112 @ Nov 6 2007, 01:39 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Nov 6 2007, 01:32 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Nov 6 2007, 01:02 PM)
HOW COULD THEY REPLACE THE ATLANTIC CITY DATES?!?!!?

They've crushed my hopes and dreams sad.gif

i hear ya, that place in n.j. suck's .they have moron's working at that joint. the parking suck's and the area around it is just as bad. PLEASE , PLAY ATLANTIC CITY

It's only been open for about a week...

i went with my wife to bon jovi. the place blow's . i dont care how long it's been open. they are not going to move it from that spot,and all the parking lot's are not going to move. they block street's off so you have to go out of your way to get to your pre-paid parking[which is a nightmare in itself] just letting you guy's know what's in store. that's all.

So the only thing your complaining about is parking and not the arena itself?

the sound is not good . the people that work there are as dumb as rock's [it took 3, yep 3 people to run my c.c. ] i have never seen anything like it. i have been going to show's in a lot of place's over my year's and this is the worst area i have ever been in for a concert. the inside is really nice. they spent a ton of $$$ . traveling, yep the train is the way to go but i would have to drive an hour[with no traffic] to get to the city to then take a train to n.j.

Sure looks good for a Devils game though.

Well thats great news , especially in regards to the 2 weeks the boys appear to be spending in South America. I am really hoping that they just might still consider a quick visit to Australia. wink.gif PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. laugh.gif I really am trying like mad to pull out all stops to see them this time and probably will consider the US West coast. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Nov 6 2007, 02:42 PM)
No more UK, then?

OK...

Start saving for a trip to America, North or South. I'll be trying for South, having never been to that part of the world. The atmosphere at those gigs will be amazing. Especially in Argentina. Big football rivalry with Brazil so they will want to outdo the RIR crowds.

QUOTE (rushbass @ Nov 6 2007, 05:49 PM)
Great! New Orleans and Mississippi is still on the rumoured list of locations!

I am ecstatic! 1022.gif

Still amazing to think they'd play here again...especially after the last show in '88...crappy arena, half empty, lukewarm crowd. Wondering where that show will take place........

No matter where, though, I'll be looking forward to it. Here's hoping they'll be given a good welcome back to MS.

QUOTE (friendlyvoice @ Nov 7 2007, 01:55 PM)
QUOTE (rushbass @ Nov 6 2007, 05:49 PM)
Great!  New Orleans and Mississippi is still on the rumoured list of locations! 

I am ecstatic!  1022.gif

Still amazing to think they'd play here again...especially after the last show in '88...crappy arena, half empty, lukewarm crowd. Wondering where that show will take place........

No matter where, though, I'll be looking forward to it. Here's hoping they'll be given a good welcome back to MS.

I thought the same of Ottawa the fist leg - why would Rush want to play here again after a crappy crowd last time?

Turns out though the crowd this time was amazing! Hope the same goes for your neck of the woods.

trink39.gif

Hmmmm.......perhaps the points in between means a possible show in the Toronto area. If not Toronto specifically how about the Copps Coliseum in Hamilton?? They haven't played there since the Roll The Bones tour and it would be great it they went back......

QUOTE (bigman208 @ Nov 7 2007, 04:13 PM)
Hmmmm.......perhaps the points in between means a possible show in the Toronto area. If not Toronto specifically how about the Copps Coliseum in Hamilton?? They haven't played there since the Roll The Bones tour and it would be great it they went back......

It really would. Highly doubt it though.

QUOTE (Steve_888 @ Nov 7 2007, 07:35 PM)
does that mean a toronto or southern ontario show is out of the question too????

sad.gif fists crying.gif

No, I just think if there is one in Southern Ontario it's going to be Toronto and not Hamilton.

Hello All!

First post on the board been registered for awhile and lurking decided to dive in today!

I too wish they would have stuck to Atlantic City. I don't like the idea of them hitting the Prudential Center at the time they will get there. You see if they are starting in April in Canada and working there way down the East Coast they will arrive in NJ in the middle of HOCKEY PLAYOFF SEASON! I've had tickets to events that have been canceled because of this.

New Jersey has a track record of this with Rush. in the 80's they postponed a RUSH show because Frank Sinatra had to reschedule and I knew ALLOT of people who couldn't attend the makeup date. So if they want Northern NJ I'd much prefer they would do Izod(Contential Airlines) Arena this time so we don't encounter this problem!

Gail

Archived