2008 tour dates

nobodys hero

This info came from Rushisaband :A couple months ago I reported that Rush will be playing several indoor dates in the U.S.& Canada in Spring of 2008, kicking off in March with a two or three night stand in Atlantic City. The tour would then move up the east coast to Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Maine and Atlantic Canada to wrap up the first set of dates before heading south for a handful of dates in late March through April, including New Orleans, New Mexico, Tennessee, Kentucky and Mississippi.

A few days later I reported that the band would end the 2008 leg in July with a headlining performance on the closing day of a concert commemorating the 400th anniversary of Quebec City. Now I've just obtained new information :It seems the tour will kick off in Atlantic Canada. They'll work their way south with the band playing the new Prudential Center in Newark for a metro NYC date, replacing the Atlantic City dates. As far as I know they will be hitting New Orleans, New Mexico, Tennessee, Kentucky, Mississippi and points in between and also will be playing about a dozen dates in the Western U.S.

There's also very good news for our friends south of the equator, Rush will be playing several dates in South America. They'll be down there for nearly 2 weeks which likely means around 8 shows give or take. Brazil, Argentina, Peru and Chile are about 80% confirmed at this point. The also plan on recording one of these shows.

The official tour announcement will occur in the 2nd week of January with tickets going on sale at the end of Jan. and early Feb. They will be releasing Workin' them angels to coincide with the tour announcement and plan to release a video for the song which will use portions of the video recordings from the live DVD that was filmed in Rotterdam.

I'll end with this disclaimer: the above information is not yet official and could change. That said, my source has been very reliable in the past and I have no reason not to believe them on any of this information.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Nov 6 2007, 01:02 PM)
HOW COULD THEY REPLACE THE ATLANTIC CITY DATES?!?!!?

They've crushed my hopes and dreams sad.gif

i hear ya, that place in n.j. suck's .they have moron's working at that joint. the parking suck's and the area around it is just as bad. PLEASE , PLAY ATLANTIC CITY

QUOTE (metaldad @ Nov 6 2007, 01:32 PM)

i hear ya, that place in n.j. suck's .they have moron's working at that joint. the parking suck's and the area around it is just as bad. PLEASE , PLAY ATLANTIC CITY

It's only been open for about a week...

QUOTE (pt2112 @ Nov 6 2007, 01:39 PM)

i went with my wife to bon jovi. the place blow's . i dont care how long it's been open. they are not going to move it from that spot,and all the parking lot's are not going to move. they block street's off so you have to go out of your way to get to your pre-paid parking[which is a nightmare in itself] just letting you guy's know what's in store. that's all.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Nov 6 2007, 01:45 PM)

i went with my wife to bon jovi. the place blow's . i dont care how long it's been open. they are not going to move it from that spot,and all the parking lot's are not going to move. they block street's off so you have to go out of your way to get to your pre-paid parking[which is a nightmare in itself] just letting you guy's know what's in store. that's all.

So the only thing your complaining about is parking and not the arena itself?

If parking is the issue, take the train. The venue is very close to Newark Penn Station, which means you can take either the NJ Transit train or the PATH. Both driving and parking in Newark suck, so if I'd definitely recommend taking mass transit to the show.

This can't be right. Geddy said they'd consider playing my birthday party in August - they can't possibly end the tour in July.

Unusual that they may release Working them Angels.... but the video from Rotterdam footage sounds purty darned enticing to me.

smile.gif

QUOTE (pt2112 @ Nov 6 2007, 02:12 PM)

So the only thing your complaining about is parking and not the arena itself?

the sound is not good . the people that work there are as dumb as rock's [it took 3, yep 3 people to run my c.c. ] i have never seen anything like it. i have been going to show's in a lot of place's over my year's and this is the worst area i have ever been in for a concert. the inside is really nice. they spent a ton of $$$ . traveling, yep the train is the way to go but i would have to drive an hour[with no traffic] to get to the city to then take a train to n.j.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Nov 6 2007, 03:57 PM)
traveling, yep the train is the way to go but i would have to drive an hour[with no traffic] to get to the city to then take a train to n.j.

You don't have to take the train from NY. I don't know where you're coming from, but if Newark is closer than NYC, it sounds like you'd be driving through NJ, so you could stop any number of places. That line stops also in (it's been a few years, so forgive my going from memory) Elizabeth, Rahway, Woodbridge, and then depending on whice line you are on from there, Perth Amboy or Metro Park. None of those stops are too far. In fact, in Woodbridge, right across the street from the train station, there's a brewery/restaurant. You could park there, have dinner and some beers, walk to the train, and not have to worry about driving until you got back. If Woodbridge is out of your way, any of the other stops I mentioned would get you there too. Heck, you could even drive to Hoboken, which is very close to Newark and take the PATH up one stop. If you're more specific about where you're coming from or how you're crossing NJ (assuming you are), I might be of more help; those are just a few ideas off the top of my head that would prevent you from hitting Newark traffic altogether.

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Nov 6 2007, 04:53 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Nov 6 2007, 03:57 PM)
traveling, yep the train is the way to go but i would have to drive an hour[with no traffic] to get to the city to then take a train to n.j.

You don't have to take the train from NY. I don't know where you're coming from, but if Newark is closer than NYC, it sounds like you'd be driving through NJ, so you could stop any number of places. That line stops also in (it's been a few years, so forgive my going from memory) Elizabeth, Rahway, Woodbridge, and then depending on whice line you are on from there, Perth Amboy or Metro Park. None of those stops are too far. In fact, in Woodbridge, right across the street from the train station, there's a brewery/restaurant. You could park there, have dinner and some beers, walk to the train, and not have to worry about driving until you got back. If Woodbridge is out of your way, any of the other stops I mentioned would get you there too. Heck, you could even drive to Hoboken, which is very close to Newark and take the PATH up one stop. If you're more specific about where you're coming from or how you're crossing NJ (assuming you are), I might be of more help; those are just a few ideas off the top of my head that would prevent you from hitting Newark traffic altogether.

i hear what you are saying but, im in carmel n.y. it took 3 hrs by car to get to the arena. plus, parking in n.j. just to take a train in n.j would be a nightmare with a pregnant wife. thank's for the info, im not saying i wont go see rush[ if thats the only place they are playing ,i gotta do what i gotta do lol] i would rather have them play in a.c. but if ya got any info, im up for it 2.gif

ewwww not the purdential center, i was just there for one of the bon jovi concerts and the place sounds like butt. the sound wasnt good and i would never go to another concert there again UNLESS it was Rush and they are not playing another show in NYC. But is anyone doubting them doing a show in Radio City? I mean they hit all the big spots in NYC but Radio City. I think it will happen so im not too upset about the show being at the Prud Center

Archived