BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN

daveyt

The Boss was arrested for DUI.

https://www.google.c...amp/ncna1257292

The Boss was arrested in the Gateway National Recreation Area, also known as Sandy Hook, in November, but authorities just confirmed the details Wednesday.

In his autobiography he talked a lot about depression and substance abuse running through his family tree- he suffers from depression as well and at times has been deeply affected by it. He was affected by his Dad's heavy drinking as he grew up and actually never drank alcohol until he was 22. I think the phrase he used was " Dad's side of the family got the lousy prize in the Cracker Jack box." I feel for the guy- not sure drinking it up alone in the closed beach stretch is the best way to deal with it, though.

• Like 2

The Boss was arrested in the Gateway National Recreation Area, also known as Sandy Hook, in November, but authorities just confirmed the details Wednesday.

In his autobiography he talked a lot about depression and substance abuse running through his family tree- he suffers from depression as well and at times has been deeply affected by it. He was affected by his Dad's heavy drinking as he grew up and actually never drank alcohol until he was 22. I think the phrase he used was " Dad's side of the family got the lousy prize in the Cracker Jack box." I feel for the guy- not sure drinking it up alone in the closed beach stretch is the best way to deal with it, though.

Well put.
  • Like 1

There's more to the story noted below.

Bruce Springsteen Hit With DUI After Drinking One Shot of Tequila With Fans: Report

The idiot fan offered the drink and the perception is that Springsteen might've been framed.

Rolling Stone posted about this here as well.

Edited by RushFanForever

My dad's side of the family got the lousy prize too as depression and suicide run rampant. Glad that he has been able to overcome his depression and other issues!!
  • Like 1

Huh. This is all weird. Um a long time fan, and I feel like drinking has never really been part of his story, I mean yes, he drinks I guess, but this was surprising to read. And as a biker, you'd think he'd know better, so the story from the cop or whoever he was seems kinda suspect to an extent.

And this so called "Fan", how stupid were they?

• Like 1

I was just on Backstreets, which is the big Bruce fan forum, and wow, tough crowd. A lot of bashing going on. I get that a lot of fans are not on his side of the political fence to begin with and then on top of that took offense (no pun intended) to the Jeep commercial and its crosses and use of "middle America." But still, looks like a lot are jumping ship over this. That seems a bit much to me. Perhaps I'm TOO forgiving, I don't know. I'm a strong advocate for being safe and not drinking after driving and all of that. But this story has a lot of weird elements.
  • Like 1

I agree he has dealt with depression and hasn't looked well the last few times I have seen him. I wonder if getting old is part of it.

I honestly think it has to do primarily with fame not being all he thought it would be, and maybe even hating himself a little for selling out a part of himself as part of the price he had to pay to achieve and keep it.

Remember watching a video of him on a live talk show and how he was talking about his youth and serving at the old Latin Mass (he had been an altar boy). I watched hm intently during that interview. He looked washed out, vacant and hollow. As if he had been punched in the head too many times. Actually felt sorry for him. He came very far from the Perth Amboy boy who hung out at Asbury Park. Another one who has that look is Richie Sambora.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

I agree he has dealt with depression and hasn't looked well the last few times I have seen him. I wonder if getting old is part of it.

I honestly think it has to do primarily with fame not being all he thought it would be, and maybe even hating himself a little for selling out a part of himself as part of the price he had to pay to achieve and keep it.

Remember watching a video of him on a live talk show and how he was talking about his youth and serving at the old Latin Mass (he had been an altar boy). I watched hm intently during that interview. He looked washed out, vacant and hollow. As if he had been punched in the head too many times. Actually felt sorry for him. He came very far from the Perth Amboy boy who hung out at Asbury Park. Another one who has that look is Richie Sambora.

Interesting take Lorraine.

We all have our stuff. He may be famous and a zillionaire and all that, but he still has stuff like the rest of us. Depression, bad things that have happened to him, kids to worry about, all those things. Think of all the famous supposedly should be happy people that killed themselves. He's not immune to unhappiness just because he's rich and famous. He's 71, maybe from all the years of touring, running around stage doing 4 hour shows, then all those Broadway shows he's just plain wore out now, and has no interest in hiding it. I don't think he's vacant and hollow though. If he were, he couldn't have written and recorded Western Stars which is one of the most gorgeous things he's ever done (IMO) or Letter To You, (even though it's overall tone is somewhat melancholy). But he's not dead yet and I think he has a lot more creativity left to tap into.

This whole story has a lot of holes in it and things that don't make any sense. What happened to the fan? Bruce sat on his bike, he didn't ride away. The ranger just showed up and arrested him on the spot like that? Who was this ranger, what's HIS story, what are his biases? I'm sure that's all going to come out eventually, I would think? Perhaps he was doing his job and nothing more, but it's all just, weird.

• Like 2

I was just on Backstreets, which is the big Bruce fan forum, and wow, tough crowd. A lot of bashing going on. I get that a lot of fans are not on his side of the political fence to begin with and then on top of that took offense (no pun intended) to the Jeep commercial and its crosses and use of "middle America." But still, looks like a lot are jumping ship over this. That seems a bit much to me. Perhaps I'm TOO forgiving, I don't know. I'm a strong advocate for being safe and not drinking after driving and all of that. But this story has a lot of weird elements.

That's so unfortunate when fans can't respect (or at least ignore, lol) the artist's politics along with their art. People have a right to their opinions and so do artists. I'm talking expressing opinions, not weird illegal actions like R. Kelly or outright hate speech; not good to let those go. There do seem to be questions about Bruce and the drinking incident.

Now if it's lousy music, that upsets me more! :lol:

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

That's so unfortunate when fans can't respect (or at least ignore, lol) the artist's politics along with their art. People have a right to their opinions and so do artists. I'm talking expressing opinions, not weird illegal actions like R. Kelly or outright hate speech; not good to let those go. There do seem to be questions about Bruce and the drinking incident.

"Hate speech" these days is anything that deviates from the p.c. opinion, so, no - everyone doesn't have a right to their opinion anymore. The only right we have is to think like the rest. That's the way I see it these days. The freedom I had 20 years ago is down the tubes.

• Like 2

"Hate speech" these days is anything that deviates from the p.c. opinion, so, no - everyone doesn't have a right to their opinion anymore. The only right we have is to think like the rest. That's the way I see it these days. The freedom I had 20 years ago is down the tubes.

Agree to a point. PC opinions have made a huge positive difference in the way people are now treated. Has it gone overboard? Sometimes. And what freedoms have you lost in the last 20 years?

I'm disheartened by the whole 'cancel culture' phenomenon.

We live in an age where the human race can't 'agree to disagree' on anything topical anymore.

Every word, phrase, comment, opinion, and/or behavior is scrutinized where individuals are thrown under the bus and shouldn't be allowed a second chance.

There's individuals that say past history should be sanitized and reset without any negative mistakes.

We're becoming an auto-tuned sterile society much in the way of AI robots.

Edited by RushFanForever

We live in an age where the human race can't 'agree to disagree' on anything topical anymore.

Every word, phrase, comment, opinion, and/or behavior is scrutinized where individuals are thrown under the bus and shouldn't be allowed a second chance.

There's individuals that say past history should be sanitized and reset without any negative mistakes.

There are some who need not worry about cancellation. And it's not hard to tell who they are.

There are some who need not worry about cancellation. And it's not hard to tell who they are.

Those who are sick and tired of being discriminated against and those who are subject to vile and disgusting actions and language?
  • Like 1

Those who are sick and tired of being discriminated against and those who are subject to vile and disgusting actions and language?

Academics, virtue signalers, and over the hill musicians, then? LOL

• Like 1

Agree to a point. PC opinions have made a huge positive difference in the way people are now treated. Has it gone overboard? Sometimes. And what freedoms have you lost in the last 20 years?

:lol:

A person's livelihood is not their freedom. Amirite?

:laughing guy:

• Like 1

:lol:

A person's livelihood is not their freedom. Amirite?

:laughing guy:

What livelihood did she lose?