Michael "Kramer" Richards' racist meltdown

Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Nov 23 2006, 12:00 AM)
QUOTE (goose @ Nov 22 2006, 11:52 PM)
If he'd have been at the Friar's Club, this would be much less of a deal. Anyone remember the Whoopie & Ted Danson "contraversy"?

These guys are comedians - crass to the Nth degree, intentionally. Was he over the line for my taset. Sure. But in my view, don't like the material, leave.

Where's Lenny Bruce when we need him?

There's crass and funny, and crass and not funny, he crossed the line, but *wasnt funny* - and dealing with hecklers is stand-up lesson #2.

Crass and funny is when Jeffrey Ross tells a female comic that he wouldnt f*ck her with Bea Arthur's dick, while Bea Arthur is sitting right there... smile.gif

I saw that...and it was funny!

As for Kramer, he should be ignored for not being funny, not crucified.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (goose @ Nov 23 2006, 12:07 AM)
If he'd have been at the Friar's Club, this would be much less of a deal. Anyone remember the Whoopie & Ted Danson "contraversy"?

These guys are comedians - crass to the Nth degree, intentionally. Was he over the line for my taset. Sure. But in my view, don't like the material, leave.

There's crass and funny, and crass and not funny, he crossed the line, but *wasnt funny* - and dealing with hecklers is stand-up lesson #2.

Crass and funny is when Jeffrey Ross tells a female comic that he wouldnt f*ck her with Bea Arthur's dick, while Bea Arthur is sitting right there... smile.gif

I agree totally.

Jeffrey Ross can be funny at those roasts. At Jason Alexander's, "Jerry Seinfeld couldnt be here tonight, he's home f*cking 10 chicks on a huge pile of cash."

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Nov 23 2006, 12:10 AM)
QUOTE (goose @ Nov 23 2006, 12:07 AM)

I agree totally.

Jeffrey Ross can be funny at those roasts. At Jason Alexander's, "Jerry Seinfeld couldnt be here tonight, he's home f*cking 10 chicks on a huge pile of cash."

z7shysterical.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (goose @ Nov 22 2006, 08:52 PM)

Lenny Bruce did things very intentionally to illustrate points, not to lose it and go off on racist tirades.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 23 2006, 12:32 AM)
QUOTE (goose @ Nov 22 2006, 08:52 PM)

Lenny Bruce did things very intentionally to illustrate points, not to lose it and go off on racist tirades.

Didn't see the whole set, nor am I familiar with his live show. Can't really judge beyond what I know.

confused13.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Nov 23 2006, 12:10 AM)

Jeffrey Ross can be funny at those roasts.

What else does Jeffrey Ross do beside these roast? confused13.gif

If your sensitive about race issues you wouldn't want to see this lady,http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b216/spirit3trails/Lista_Lampanelli.jpg Lisa Lampanelli takes no prisioners and insults EVERYBODY!!

Shes on these roast frequently and usually is the most funny! z7shysterical.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Nov 21 2006, 08:39 AM)
QUOTE (Rush! @ Nov 21 2006, 10:42 AM)
Well I'm really shocked at this behavior from Mr. Richards. I wonder if maybe he was under the influcence of some type of drug, maybe he was drunk, or maybe, as JohnnyBlaze said he is truly racist and this was the first time he's used such racial slurs in public. That's sad to see him behave like that. I will, however, continue to watch Seinfeld. Michael Richards' behavior in real life will not detract the comedic genius he displays so well on 'Seinfeld'.

I didn't say that he was "truly racist". My entire post was nothing but "maybe's". But MAYBE he is what you said I didn't say. (follow that?). confused13.gif

Yeah, sorry JB, I just realized I screwed up when I posted that. You're right, you never said that. My mistake. But yes, that's true, MAYBE he is racist.

Kramer's career in freefall after fresh claims of racism

The career of actor Michael Richards, famed as Seinfeld's wacky neighbour Kramer, took a further nosedive today as fresh details of his racist comments came to light.

Richards launched a furious rant at two black hecklers during a standup show in Los Angeles last weekend.

At the request of pal Jerry Seinfeld, Richards later appeared via satellite on the David Letterman Show to apologise.

But he has now been accused of making anti-Jewish comments during a stand-up routine as well.

Richards allegedly lashed out at Jews during performance earlier this year, yelling at one audience member: "You're a f***ing Jew. Your people are the cause of Jesus dying."

Carol Oschin, who was at the show, said: "We didn't know if this was part of the act. He was getting very (verbally) violent, very agitated."

'Kramer' Apologizes, Hires Crisis Expert

LOS ANGELES (AP) - First he went on national television to apologize for his racial tirade against two black hecklers. Now Michael Richards is taking his contriteness to the next level: he's hired a public relations expert with deep contacts in the black community.

New York publicist Howard Rubenstein took on Richards as a client Wednesday after being contacted by the actor-comedian. He then arranged for Richards to call the Revs. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

I thought he was Jewish.....?

N E WAYZ, I saw the two guys he mouthed off to on the news. They have gotten Gloria Allred in on this and looks like they are going for money.

Edited by Riv

QUOTE (Riv @ Nov 23 2006, 10:39 PM)
I thought he was Jewish.....?

N E WAYZ, I saw the two guys he mouthed off to on the news. They have gotten Gloria Allred in on this and looks like they are going for money.

Of course, this comes as no surprise to me. Lawyers just eat this stuff up yes.gif

As shocking and disturbing as his vitriolic tirade was, I refuse to believe he is an anti-semite as well. Almost the entire staff on the Seinfeld set were Jewish, including the three other main characters. Unless Richards is completely void of a conscience, or perhaps suffering from some type of degenerative neuro-cognative disorder, I think this latest accusation is absolute bullshit.

This is not the first time Richards has displayed unacceptable behavior.....

while listening to a local talk radio station, a local comedy club owner, Mark Ridley, of Mark Ridley's Comedy Castle mentioned that a while back Richards was performing in a L.A. comedy club and urinated on the stage...to the shock & dismay of everyone in that club....

I am not suprised one bit......my eldest daughters' father is a comedian...i used to go to many of the local comedy clubs with him and we ran a comedy club in Ann Arbor......what Richard's did pales in comparison to what i've seen so many other comedians do... it is because of who he is (richards), because it was recorded and thrust into the public that this has gotten the publicity it has.....

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Nov 24 2006, 10:14 AM)
"As shocking and disturbing as his vitriolic tirade was, I refuse to believe he is an anti-semite as well. Almost the entire staff on the Seinfeld set were Jewish, including the three other main characters. Unless Richards is completely void of a conscience, or perhaps suffering from some type of degenerative neuro-cognative disorder, I think this latest accusation is absolute bullshit."

"This is not the first time Richards has displayed unacceptable behavior.....

while listening to a local talk radio station, a local comedy club owner, Mark Ridley, of Mark Ridley's Comedy Castle mentioned that a while back Richards was performing in a L.A. comedy club and urinated on the stage...to the shock & dismay of everyone in that club....

I am not suprised one bit......my eldest daughters' father is a comedian...i used to go to many of the local comedy clubs with him and we ran a comedy club in Ann Arbor......what Richard's did pales in comparison to what i've seen so many other comedians do... it is because of who he is (richards), because it was recorded and thrust into the public that this has gotten the publicity it has....."

Two very sensible posts. He's a comedian, guilty only of not being funny (and that issue can be argued). Sharpton? Jackson? A crisis manager?

There's nothing else going on in the world to worry about?

wtf.gif

QUOTE (goose @ Nov 24 2006, 07:46 AM)
"As shocking and disturbing as his vitriolic tirade was, I refuse to believe he is an anti-semite as well. Almost the entire staff on the Seinfeld set were Jewish, including the three other main characters. Unless Richards is completely void of a conscience, or perhaps suffering from some type of degenerative neuro-cognative disorder, I think this latest accusation is absolute bullshit."

I am not suprised one bit......my eldest daughters' father is a comedian...i used to go to many of the local comedy clubs with him and we ran a comedy club in Ann Arbor......what Richard's did pales in comparison to what i've seen so many other comedians do... it is because of who he is (richards), because it was recorded and thrust into the public that this has gotten the publicity it has....."

Two very sensible posts. He's a comedian, guilty only of not being funny (and that issue can be argued). Sharpton? Jackson? A crisis manager?

wtf.gif

Both of you are right on goodpost.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Nov 24 2006, 01:58 PM)
QUOTE (goose @ Nov 24 2006, 07:46 AM)

wtf.gif

Both of you are right on goodpost.gif yes.gif

thanks troutman!!! wink.gif

The way the world is these days i wouldn't be shocked if somehow this whole thing gave Richard's career a boost, from his point of view people are talking about him now at least even if it is for the wrong reasons...

I still say he was never that good to begin with though, his one-trick pony Kramer character reminds me of Exidor from Mork and Mindy only it's clearly not as good...

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/photos/robertdonnerautographedphoto.jpg

Incidentally the guy who played Exidor, Robert Donner died in June, though it wasn't widely reported, maybe that's how Richards will end up, dying without much notice...

Edited by treeduck

does anyone remember the Honeymooners tv show??

the side kick Norton used to always make the same kind of entrance as Kramer did in Seinfeld. It is nothing new.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 24 2006, 01:58 PM)
The way the world is these days i wouldn't be shocked if somehow this whole thing gave Richard's career a boost, from his point of view people are talking about him now at least even if it is for the wrong reasons...

I still say he was never that good to begin with though, his one-trick pony Kramer character reminds me of Exidor from Mork and Mindy only it's clearly not as good...

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/photos/robertdonnerautographedphoto.jpg

Incidentally the guy who played Exidor, Robert Donner died in June, though it wasn't widely reported, maybe that's how Richards will end up, dying without much notice...

Is it just me, or does anyone else remember Richards from the show 'Friday's'?

Remember the drugged out Pharmacist? confused13.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Nov 25 2006, 12:52 AM)

I do. I distinctly remember that he didn't play the drugged out pharmacist. He was the crazy guy playing with army men. Larry David was in the cast of Fridays. I guess it's who ya know!

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Nov 24 2006, 10:00 PM)
QUOTE (Drumnut @ Nov 25 2006, 12:52 AM)

I do. I distinctly remember that he didn't play the drugged out pharmacist. He was the crazy guy playing with army men. Larry David was in the cast of Fridays. I guess it's who ya know!

doh.gif You're right, my bad! Is Larry David the one with the curly hair?