Michael "Kramer" Richards' racist meltdown

Jack Aubrey

http://media.collegehumor.com/ch6/7/b/collegehumor.297c887782a043c6a136b6cb36dadcad.jpg

http://www.tshirthell.com/images/shirtofmonth_hell_a809.jpg

Edited by moderator to remove inappropriate content.

Edited by Jack Aubrey

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Nov 24 2006, 12:57 AM)
'Kramer' Apologizes, Hires Crisis Expert
LOS ANGELES (AP) - First he went on national television to apologize for his racial tirade against two black hecklers. Now Michael Richards is taking his contriteness to the next level: he's hired a public relations expert with deep contacts in the black community.

New York publicist Howard Rubenstein took on Richards as a client Wednesday after being contacted by the actor-comedian. He then arranged for Richards to call the Revs. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

I'm shocked by this, Why didn't he contact Jackie first!!!http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b216/spirit3trails/JackieChiles.jpg Disgraceful!!! tongue.gif ohmy.gif unsure.gif bolt.gif

Wow, it sure doesn't take long for more hecklers to try and make a quick buck off of a serious situation. Besides, who's going to actually remember all this in 10, 20 years?

QUOTE (what went wrong? @ Nov 25 2006, 02:41 PM)
Wow, it sure doesn't take long for more hecklers to try and make a quick buck off of a serious situation. Besides, who's going to actually remember all this in 10, 20 years?

"What comedian-turned-senator...?"

Trivial Pursuit: The Aughties Edition

QUOTE (softfilter @ Nov 25 2006, 10:28 AM)

I'm shocked by this, Why didn't he contact Jackie first!!!http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b216/spirit3trails/JackieChiles.jpg Disgraceful!!! tongue.gif ohmy.gif unsure.gif bolt.gif

Yeah! It would help forward his image as a NON-racist to have a black attorney.

Mel Gibson Feels For Michael Richards
Both Had Bigoted Rants Recently

NEW YORK -- The good news for Michael Richards: He has a big-name Hollywood star coming out offering support for him as he deals with his very public racist meltdown earlier this month.

Survey: Richards: Career Over?

The not-so-good news for Richards: the actor offering it has a little bit of baggage he totes around when it comes to relations with ethnic groups -- Mel Gibson.

The actor who is still catching serious flak for an anti-Jewish rant when he was stopped by police and accused of drunken driving said he feels like sending Richards a note.

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Gibson said he feels "really badly" for the "Seinfeld" comedian.

"I feel really badly for the guy. He was obviously in a state of stress. You don't need to be inebriated to be bent out of shape. But my heart went out to the guy," the 50-year-old actor-director said.

Gibson was drunk when he let forth. Gibson, of course, spewed an anti-Semitic tirade in July.

As for whether Richards can recover from his racist rant and the public fallout from it, Gibson spoke from his own experience this year. He said that the public will "probably torture him for a while and then let him go."

Besides, he said, he likes Richards.

After his Nov. 17 tirade became known, Richards apologized on David Letterman's "Late Show," saying his remarks were sparked by anger at being heckled, not bigotry. He also apologized to the Rev. Al Sharpton and on the Rev. Jesse Jackson's syndicated radio program.

Mooney To Stop Using N-Word

For years, you couldn't tell Paul Mooney that it was wrong to use the "n-word." But he said after watching Richards going off on some black patrons, it was almost an instant decision to stop using the word in his act.

And yes, he insisted, he will be able to be just as funny confining himself to using the words "black" or "African American" in his jokes.

He said when he saw the Richards tape, he had "an out-of-body experience." Mooney said hearing a friend of his like Richards using the racial slur caused him to look at the word differently.

He said he decided then that it was "not an equal opportunity word." In an interview with The Associated Press, Mooney said he has known Richards for 20 years and had no idea Richards could say such things.

In fact, Mooney said he met privately with Richards and the comedian said he had some white people come up to him and express agreement with him. Mooney reports that Richards told him that he was afraid of becoming "the new Klansman."

But, Mooney said, everybody deserves to get a second chance. And, he said, that includes Richards,

Mooney said when it comes to life, "Everyone's rap sheet is ugly, mine included." He said Richards is a human being and everyone should get the chance to redeem himself.

As he put it: "We've got to make something positive out of all this."

QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Dec 1 2006, 02:05 PM)
Michael Richards will apologize in person to the four black men he targeted in a tirade of racial slurs during a recent comedy club performance.

http://video.sympatico.msn.com/v/en-ca/v.h...ot_en-ca&fg=rss

It's hard to know how much of his efforts to apologize are sincere based on genuinely feeling bad, or how much are based on his hopes to resurrect his career and not have people think badly of him, but regardless, his efforts, I think, must be admired at least somewhat...

QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Dec 1 2006, 05:05 PM)
Michael Richards will apologize in person to the four black men he targeted in a tirade of racial slurs during a recent comedy club performance.

That won't be enough to appease the four men. Not until they get paid a large but non-disclosed sum of money will they suddenly be 'ok' with things and see the sincerity in the apology.

QUOTE (paganoman @ Dec 1 2006, 02:36 PM)

That won't be enough to appease the four men. Not until they get paid a large but non-disclosed sum of money will they suddenly be 'ok' with things and see the sincerity in the apology.

I would never dream of these men wanting anything more than an apology, to have a wrong righted, and, um, several hundred thousand dollars as "apology money" for being insulted, the pain and suffering of being temporarily famous and having to be interviewed on television.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 1 2006, 06:10 PM)
QUOTE (paganoman @ Dec 1 2006, 02:36 PM)

I would never dream of these men wanting anything more than an apology, to have a wrong righted, and, um, several hundred thousand dollars as "apology money" for being insulted, the pain and suffering of being temporarily famous and having to be interviewed on television.

They deserve a second round of insults, this time in reference to their extreme pussiness. Grow some nuts for Pete's sake!

wtf.gif

Not that I in anyway agree with the racial slurs coming from Michael Richards, but it would be nice if those men would at least apologize for heckling.

Andy Dick -- The New "Kramer"?

Andy Dick hasn't learned anything from the Michael Richards incident.

According to sources, the hopped-up comedian hopped onstage Saturday at L.A.'s Improv comedy club and dropped the n-bomb on a room full of stunned clubgoers.

Andy was heckling comedian Ian Bagg during his routine, when Dick allegedly got out of his seat, jumped onstage and began joking with Bagg. The subject of Michael Richards came up, but the two comics quickly moved past it. As Dick exited the stage, he suddenly grabbed the mic and shouted at the crowd, "You're all a bunch of African Americans!"

The stunned crowd gasped and stared at each other. Bagg tried to play it cool and move on with his set, but the laughs weren't there.

Calls to Dick's rep were not immediately returned.

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Dec 6 2006, 12:50 AM)

According to sources, the hopped-up comedian hopped onstage Saturday at L.A.'s Improv comedy club and dropped the n-bomb on a room full of stunned clubgoers.

Andy was heckling comedian Ian Bagg during his routine, when Dick allegedly got out of his seat, jumped onstage and began joking with Bagg. The subject of Michael Richards came up, but the two comics quickly moved past it. As Dick exited the stage, he suddenly grabbed the mic and shouted at the crowd, "You're all a bunch of African Americans!"

The stunned crowd gasped and stared at each other. Bagg tried to play it cool and move on with his set, but the laughs weren't there.

Pretty soon, the world will be without comedians because every topic is vodoo.

When did the world forget that it's ok to laugh at each other as well as ourselves?

QUOTE (paganoman @ Dec 6 2006, 04:36 PM)
QUOTE (Drumnut @ Dec 6 2006, 12:50 AM)

Pretty soon, the world will be without comedians because every topic is vodoo.

When did the world forget that it's ok to laugh at each other as well as ourselves?

That's a good question for Norman Lear who used this kind of stuff to create comedies. I think it's hilarious to see Archie Bunker go off on a tirade about other races and nationalities (because it was understood that he was an ignorant ass)

*For best results, watch episodes of "All in the Family", "Maude", and "Good Times".

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Dec 6 2006, 01:50 AM)

call me crazy but i think dick shouting "your all a bunch of african americans" is very funny.

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 6 2006, 03:10 PM)
QUOTE (Drumnut @ Dec 6 2006, 01:50 AM)

call me crazy but i think dick shouting "your all a bunch of african americans" is very funny.

i didn't think the michael richards tirade was funny one bit. it was cruel, inappropriate and in terrible taste.

andy dick making fun of it the way he did though, that is pretty funny in my book. yes.gif