Official Dream Theater Thread

Tick

I went to the Who tribute in Chicago. Let me say this, I am one of THE biggest Who fans & I mean one of the biggest. I am 37 & have been listening to them since I was 7. I know every word to every song, yada, yada. Kieth Moon was my biggest influence on my drum playing.

They Fricken nailed it!!!! I mean NAILED it!!! You could have closed your eyes & thought you were at a real Who show. Every one of them. I was right under Sheehan. 1022.gif I had to pick my jaw off the ground. Portnoy, a Keith mini me. I know all the drum parts & I tell ya he had Pearts perfection with Keiths fire & passion & maniacal drum playing. Hit every little nuance, ding bam, ding, slap , crack!! 1022.gif

I have been waiting for the dvd to come out. What is amazing, I talked to Paul Gilbert at NAMM in January & we were talking about that show. He said him & Portnoy had Bronchitis. He was very sick. Talk about pulling it off, whewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww- AWESOME!!!!

Get the VID!!

Portnoy is one of the best drummers on the planet right now. Very talented man. Whether you like them or not you cannot deny their talent.

He really has taken the baton from Peart in a paying homage kind of way!! 653.gif

Just thought fans would like to know:

http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/ne...ewsitemID=68925

DREAM THEATER has announced the first date of its upcoming U.S. headlining tour. It is as follows:

July 27 - Gibson Amphitheater - Los Angeles, CA

Opening acts have yet to be confirmed.

QUOTE (double bass chick @ Mar 17 2007, 10:03 PM)
I went to the Who tribute in Chicago. Let me say this, I am one of THE biggest Who fans & I mean one of the biggest. I am 37 & have been listening to them since I was 7. I know every word to every song, yada, yada. Kieth Moon was my biggest influence on my drum playing.

They Fricken nailed it!!!! I mean NAILED it!!! You could have closed your eyes & thought you were at a real Who show. Every one of them. I was right under Sheehan. 1022.gif I had to pick my jaw off the ground. Portnoy, a Keith mini me. I know all the drum parts & I tell ya he had Pearts perfection with Keiths fire & passion & maniacal drum playing. Hit every little nuance, ding bam, ding, slap , crack!! 1022.gif

I have been waiting for the dvd to come out. What is amazing, I talked to Paul Gilbert at NAMM in January & we were talking about that show. He said him & Portnoy had Bronchitis. He was very sick. Talk about pulling it off, whewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww- AWESOME!!!!

Get the VID!!

Portnoy is one of the best drummers on the planet right now. Very talented man. Whether you like them or not you cannot deny their talent.

He really has taken the baton from Peart in a paying homage kind of way!! 653.gif

The biggest Who fan? You spelled Keith wrong.

tongue.gif Just kidding.

QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Mar 18 2007, 04:22 PM)

They Fricken nailed it!!!! I mean NAILED it!!! You could have closed your eyes & thought you were at a real Who show. Every one of them. I was right under Sheehan. 1022.gif  I had to pick my jaw off the ground. Portnoy, a Keith mini me. I know all the drum parts & I tell ya he had Pearts perfection with Keiths fire & passion & maniacal drum playing.  Hit every little nuance, ding bam, ding, slap , crack!! 1022.gif

Get the VID!!

He really has taken the baton from Peart in a paying homage kind of way!!    653.gif

tongue.gif Just kidding.

doh.gif

Good catch! Just a typo. I spelled it right later on in the post biggrin.gif

Dislexia maybe?? wacko.gif wacko.gif

I'm not as think as you drunk I am officer biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I'm just listening to these guys for the first time via a young friend's loner cd's. They are amazing musically 7 fun to listen to. I bet they're great live. I'm not crazy about the vocals - not my favorite style - but the music more than makes up for that.

The 20th anniversay live stuff is pretty cool!

DT tend fans tend to know more about Star Trek than non-fans.

DT fans tend to choose clothes for comfort and practicality rather than fashion.

Disco

I just couldn't let it lie could I eh!!! trink39.gif

Edited by Disco

QUOTE (double bass chick @ Mar 18 2007, 05:29 PM)
QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Mar 18 2007, 04:22 PM)

They Fricken nailed it!!!! I mean NAILED it!!! You could have closed your eyes & thought you were at a real Who show. Every one of them. I was right under Sheehan. 1022.gif  I had to pick my jaw off the ground. Portnoy, a Keith mini me. I know all the drum parts & I tell ya he had Pearts perfection with Keiths fire & passion & maniacal drum playing.  Hit every little nuance, ding bam, ding, slap , crack!! 1022.gif

Get the VID!!

He really has taken the baton from Peart in a paying homage kind of way!!    653.gif

tongue.gif Just kidding.

doh.gif

Good catch! Just a typo. I spelled it right later on in the post biggrin.gif

Dislexia maybe?? wacko.gif wacko.gif

I'm not as think as you drunk I am officer biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Yo Deadwing... some peeps don't take to kindly to grammar police around here. Go to random samples and check out the "welcome to the land of the perfect" thread to see what I mean. Maybe you'll be NEXT!!!

tongue.gif

QUOTE (the invisible man @ Mar 20 2007, 11:50 PM)

What ? confused13.gif

Don't get me wrong, I love Portney, I think he's a great talent and also a fan, he's got such a naked enthusiasm for music.

We're just having fun unpacking some of the cliches about DT fans. And if it can illicit some humourless po-faced responses from some of the more earnest DT fans (apparantly devoid of irony), then so much the better...

Disco

Necro, loving 'laying carpet'!

Edited by Disco

Has anyone else been having trouble getting to dreamtheaterforums.com over the past couple days? It seems like they're having server problems, but if nobody else is experiencing difficulties I might begin investigating my end of the connection for problems.

QUOTE (Disco @ Mar 20 2007, 05:00 PM)
QUOTE (the invisible man @ Mar 20 2007, 11:50 PM)

What ? confused13.gif

Don't get me wrong, I love Portney, I think he's a great talent and also a fan, he's got such a naked enthusiasm for music.

We're just having fun unpacking some of the cliches about DT fans. And if it can illicit some humourless po-faced responses from some of the more earnest DT fans (apparantly devoid of irony), then so much the better...

Disco

Necro, loving 'laying carpet'!

Tick loves "laying carpet" too. wink.gif

tongue.gif

moon.gif

bekloppt.gif Tick

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Mar 21 2007, 01:25 AM)
Has anyone else been having trouble getting to dreamtheaterforums.com over the past couple days? It seems like they're having server problems, but if nobody else is experiencing difficulties I might begin investigating my end of the connection for problems.

I was having trouble logging in all night. What's up with that???

Wow... even the 2.gif FORUMS are better than the DT forums huh?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

i was really into DT when Awake came out. i kinda lost interest after that becuase DT started to sound more like the liquid tention exp. too many notes and not enough soul. i havent given them much listen since. my wife hates james' 'hair flipping' laugh.gif Edited by mars_volta

QUOTE (mars_volta @ Mar 21 2007, 07:08 AM)
i was really into DT when Awake came out. i kinda lost interest after that becuase DT started to sound more like the liquid tention exp. too many notes and not enough soul. i havent given them much listen since. my wife hates james' 'hair flipping' laugh.gif

?????????????????????

seriously......tehy dont sound anything like LTE. the only album even close is Train of Thought.

Portnoy's new DVD IN CONSTANT MOTION is now available!

http://www.hudsonmusic.com/products/portnoy_ICM.html

Looks amazing, most definantly don't miss this one. 1022.gif