Official Dream Theater Thread

Tick

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 24 2007, 03:35 PM)
I wonder if DT are gonna have an album cover mystery like Rush?? anyone seen any fake Systematic Chaos covers anywhere?

No discussion of anything yet at DTF...If anything the music will leak before the artwork, knowing the DT fanbase...

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Mar 29 2007, 05:20 PM)
QUOTE (mars_volta @ Mar 21 2007, 07:08 AM)
too many notes and not enough soul.

Are you saying there was a time when they DIDN'T shred??? Have you not heard Erotomania or Metroplis Pt. 1????? wacko.gif

At least it's some good shredding!

Train of Thought might have no soul. But check out there early stuff. yes.gif

After doing some reading in this thread, I finally purchased my first DT cd, Scenes from a Memory. It took me some getting used to, but I have really enjoyed it. My only problem is that the end depresses me.

I'll get Images and Words next when I scratch up the cash.

Check this out.....

Found this torrent on mininova....here is the description

----------------------------------------------------

Don't ask me how or where I got this, just take it and give it a listen. With these 5 instrumental demos you'll get a pretty good impression of the new Dream Theater album "Systematic Chaos". The sound quality is excellent! (CD quality I would say)

Track listing:

01. In The Presence Of Enemies (12:15)

02. Forsaken (10:58)

03. The Dark Eternal Night (11:12)

04. Repentance (10:59)

05. Prophets Of War (10:50)

Total time: 56:14

Bitrate: 320 kbps

Download size: 128,74 MB

Tracker: Komodo Village

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Apr 6 2007, 02:21 PM)
Check this out.....

Found this torrent on mininova....here is the description

----------------------------------------------------
Don't ask me how or where I got this, just take it and give it a listen. With these 5 instrumental demos you'll get a pretty good impression of the new Dream Theater album "Systematic Chaos". The sound quality is excellent! (CD quality I would say)

Track listing:
01. In The Presence Of Enemies (12:15)
02. Forsaken (10:58)
03. The Dark Eternal Night (11:12)
04. Repentance (10:59)
05. Prophets Of War (10:50)

Total time: 56:14

Bitrate: 320 kbps
Download size: 128,74 MB
Tracker: Komodo Village

yea, i believe this one is the BS one. how can Prophets of War on this be longer than the version on the album? most likely its just Elements of Persuasion again. like many thought EOP was 8VM.

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Apr 9 2007, 11:29 PM)
Hehe, they're downloading the Stream of Consiousness contest finalists.

Those are demos from fans that came out before Train of Thought.

yea thats what it was. i remember that from the Portnoy forums a couple days ago.

Dream Theater is the band that oddly enough got me into Rush. When I first heard Rush i thought they were your average 70s classic rock band, and when it comes to 70's classic rock there are a ton of bands that sound just the same right! I dismissed Rush as being ordinary and lame and unoriginal, although I did like Tom Sawyer.

But when I got heavily into DT(saw em on Gigantour and loved em) I found out that they were huge Rush fans and all looked up to these guys, and I thought "wow there is something about Rush that I obviously dont know about..." I bought Moving Pictures and i was hooked from the start.

That being said Dream Theater is still my favorite band (w/ Rush a close close second right now), i'd recommend "Images and Words" and "Metropolis Pt. 2 Scenes from a Memory" for most first time listeners, especially on a Rush board. If there is anyone here who digs heavier and slightly less proggier material, go for "Train of Thought" or, their masterpeice "Awake", which is one of the greatest albums ever made in my opinion.

These guys stay busy. I don't own of any Jordans solo discs ( whihc is kind strange since I own 3 Derek Sherininan discs) but what I have heard from Feeding the Wheel was awesome.

Looks like he is doing mostly covers. I would like to hear his version of Dance on a volcano.

DREAM THEATER keyboardist Jordan Rudess has issued the following update:

"I'm presently finishing up the keyboard tracks for [my new solo album] now. After that's all done, I will get the drums recorded followed by the guitar and vocals. Of course the bulk of the sounds will be generated by yours truly!

"As far as the content of the music goes, this is the story: I'm actually doing covers! I'm going back to some of my very favorite progressive rock songs and doing my own versions. In addition, I will throw in a very progressive new tune.

"Here are some highlights for ya:

ELP - 'Tarkus'

GENESIS - 'Dance On a Volcano'

GENTLE GIANT - 'Just the Same'

YES - 'Sound Chaser'

http://www.ytsejam.com/modules.php?name=Ne...rticle&sid=5489

http://www.dreamtheater.net/covers/systematic_chaos_special_big.jpg

NEW DREAM THEATER, AVAILABLE JUNE 5TH ! the deluxe edition, pictured here features a 90 minute dvd, the making of Systematic Chaos ! 1022.gif

RUSH IS NOT THE ONLY SHOW IN TOWN BITCH !!!!!! 1022.gif

Edited by tick

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 15 2007, 10:00 AM)
NEW DREAM THEATER, AVAILABLE JUNE 5TH ! the deluxe edition, pictured here features a 90 minute dvd, the making of Systematic Chaos ! 1022.gif

1022.gif

Its gonna be a rocking summer thats for sure.

Tick are you still going to the Spocks Beards show this spring?

QUOTE (tangdog @ Apr 15 2007, 11:03 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Apr 15 2007, 10:00 AM)

1022.gif

Its gonna be a rocking summer thats for sure.

Tick are you still going to the Spocks Beards show this spring?

they play connecticut in two weeks, the person i was going with bailed (what else is new) so im probably going solo.