Official Dream Theater Thread

Tick

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Aug 6 2012, 02:11 PM)
According to celebrity net worth, mike portnoy is worth, as of july 24, 8 million U.S. dollars. This is more than twice the 3.2 million JP supposedly has. With 8 million I can now see why mp was not too worried about losing his spot with dt. He can play these project bands all he wants with that kinda loot. I figured the guy put the money up his nose and was nearly broke, but apparently he put a few bucks aside over the years...

I knew there was no way he was leaving DT if he had no cash . He lives in a huge mansion in PA and he has another house out west. You can see his house online or in his dvd's. He works a lot and sells a ton of dvd's off of his site. The whole band has cash but nobody in DT works like that guy and when you work, you get paid wink.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 7 2012, 12:09 PM)
QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Aug 6 2012, 02:11 PM)
According to celebrity net worth, mike portnoy is worth, as of july 24, 8 million U.S. dollars.  This is more than twice the 3.2 million JP supposedly has.  With 8 million I can now see why mp was not too worried about losing his spot with dt.  He can play these project bands all he wants with that kinda loot.  I figured the guy put the money up his nose and was nearly broke, but apparently he put a few bucks aside over the years...

I knew there was no way he was leaving DT if he had no cash . He lives in a huge mansion in PA and he has another house out west. You can see his house online or in his dvd's. He works a lot and sells a ton of dvd's off of his site. The whole band has cash but nobody in DT works like that guy and when you work, you get paid wink.gif

True, true...

But my latest finding was an even bigger surprise. Wolfgang van halen has a net worth of 10 mil! I figured eddie paid him slave wages, but I sure was wrong...

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Aug 7 2012, 12:06 PM)
QUOTE (The K Man @ Aug 7 2012, 10:31 AM)
Plus, JLB's vocals are not very good on a lot of the songs on CIM.  It's almost like they went out of their way to pick performances where he didn't sound good.  laugh.gif

Also, the performance of The Ministry of Lost Souls on there is just terrible.  I am not sure who is more lifeless during that song: the band or the crowd.

I agree...and this song sucks by the way. It was the absolute lowest point of the concert in that tour.

I love the song, a lot! 1022.gif

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Aug 8 2012, 08:51 AM)
I found this setlist from my first dt show at harpo's oct 1992:
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j74/kenamay/dtharpossetlist.jpg

I'm sure most of you know it already, but it's at setlist.fm.

Moon Bubbles?

Killer setlist, eh?

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Aug 8 2012, 08:59 AM)

Moon Bubbles?

Killer setlist, eh?

I have no idea what moon bubbles was, but I can tell you I asked Portnoy if they were playing "fortune in lies" and he said "no". And the next time they came around (2 months later) they added it to their setlist!!

That was back when they were young and hungry. I do miss those days...

Setlist from jan 22 1993 Harpo's (Detroit, mi)

Portnoy used to take requests...

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j74/kenamay/dtharpossetlist2.jpg wink.gif

Edited by the masked drummer

QUOTE (Snowman @ Aug 10 2012, 01:55 AM)
Production set aside; When Dream And Day Unite is my favourite DT album, closely followed by awake. 1022.gif 1022.gif

Only 10 out of 10 songs! The same goes for I&W.

When WDADU was their only album, not knowing if they'd ever come out with another one again, I cherished that album with all my heart actually. lol

I'm a small time musician who's always had to pay for his own studio time, so for me the production on that album was actually pretty awesome. I really liked "Status Seeker" because Dominici sounded so much like Geddy in the beginning.

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Aug 8 2012, 09:58 AM)
Setlist from jan 22 1993 Harpo's (Detroit, mi)

Portnoy used to take requests...

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j74/kenamay/dtharpossetlist2.jpg wink.gif

They played in my hometown right after new years and the setlist was the same, I think. I remember thinking it was bold to open with Metropolis because I thought it was their strongest track at the time.

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Aug 10 2012, 05:05 AM)
QUOTE (Snowman @ Aug 10 2012, 01:55 AM)
Production set aside; When Dream And Day Unite is my favourite DT album, closely followed by awake.  1022.gif  1022.gif

Only 10 out of 10 songs! The same goes for I&W.

When WDADU was their only album, not knowing if they'd ever come out with another one again, I cherished that album with all my heart actually. lol

I'm a small time musician who's always had to pay for his own studio time, so for me the production on that album was actually pretty awesome. I really liked "Status Seeker" because Dominici sounded so much like Geddy in the beginning.

laugh.gif I actually showed Status Seeker to a friend in 1999 and said "dude, guess what I found: Rush is working on a new album, check out this demo track a friend of mine discovered somewhere". He totally bought it!

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Aug 10 2012, 05:45 AM)
I remember thinking it was bold to open with Metropolis because I thought it was their strongest track at the time.

And guess what? It still is!