Question about "special guest interviewer" on Geddy's book tour

zappafrank

19 minutes ago, zappafrank said:

I'm assuming it's not the same person each show, following Geddy around.

So that being said, in Cleveland on Sunday, it's gotta be Donna, right??

I saw something she posted on the X and she said she was looking forward to seeing Geddy again but no mention of an interview. It's probably supposed to be a surprise but I would guess she's going to be the one. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, zappafrank said:

I'm assuming it's not the same person each show, following Geddy around.

Doesn't look like it. Might be worth keeping track on this thread:-

13th Nov - New York - Paul Rudd

15th Nov - Philadelphia - Brian Koppelman / Pierre Robert

• Like 1

Boston. She's going to be at the RushCon pre-gaming event in Boston. But yes, if shes's the interviewer there, which seems logical, she's not spoiling.

Edited by Laurabw

4 minutes ago, Laurabw said:

Well, thank you my unknown friend! :smile:

Appears to be sold out.  That said, a ticketed event like that isn't really what I was thinking.  Guess I thought it was just an informal word of mouth bar to drink and hang with fellow Rush fans.

I woulda bought Donna Halper a shot tho.

Her loss!:biggrin:

• Haha 1

Yw! Yeah, I saw it was sold out. I'm not going to Boston, but would’ve loved to have met her.

But i'm sure there will be other peeps at bars near the theater!?

10 hours ago, Lurkst said:

13th Nov - New York - Paul Rudd

15th Nov - Philadelphia - Brian Koppelman / Pierre Robert

17th Nov - National Harbor - Eric McCormack 

Have you seen a list of the classic R&B/Funk/Rock music played before the show?

Not suggesting this is probable, but I have wondered if we will see Alex at Massey Hall. It's a special place for them (Geddy saw Cream/Jack Bruce, a seminal RUSH concert) and is home turf. It would be well received (and I am excited to be there!).  

7 hours ago, Rodmo said:

Not suggesting this is probable, but I have wondered if we will see Alex at Massey Hall. It's a special place for them (Geddy saw Cream/Jack Bruce, a seminal RUSH concert) and is home turf. It would be well received (and I am excited to be there!).  

That's certainly my hope!

• Like 1

Updated list:-

13th Nov - New York - Paul Rudd

15th Nov - Philadelphia - Brian Koppelman / Pierre Robert

17th Nov - National Harbor - Eric McCormack

18th Nov - Boston - Eric McCormack / Geoff Edgers

19th Nov - Cleveland - Rob Tannenbaum / Donna Halper

21st Nov - Montreal - Jay Baruchel

23rd Nov - Vancouver - Jann Arden

24th Nov - Seattle - Krist Novoselic

26th Nov - San Francisco - Matt Cameron

28th Nov - Los Angeles - Jack Black

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BastillePark said:

He's a funny mofo. I think I would have enjoyed that over Novoselic but you take what you can get, eh?

Yes, one of the highights was at one point Jack said "I have some interview notes on my phone, let me take it out and reference them" and then he puts the mic up to the phone and starts playing Xanadu and rocking out like only Jack Black does. Geddy was rolling. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Rushman14 said:

Yes, one of the highights was at one point Jack said "I have some interview notes on my phone, let me take it out and reference them" and then he puts the mic up to the phone and starts playing Xanadu and rocking out like only Jack Black does. Geddy was rolling. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BastillePark said:

Why do people feel compelled to yell at the person/people on stage? 

The decline of civilization.............

IIRC heckling and yelling in a theater used to be punishable by getting thrown out of a venue.

Back on topic, I think Jack Black is hilarious but I'm immature.

• Like 3

Having been to the first show in NYC, it was nowhere near as bad as people seem to think w/people yelling out.  Far quieter and more attentive/well-behaved audience than any rock show I ever attended for sure.  The haters (most of whom didn’t even go to any of these shows) should ask people who were actually there instead of reviewing the shows based on second hand video clips and a hypocritical notion that everyone should feel and behave exactly the same way as they do at a live public event or else they’re “selfish”.  I can understand being upset the guy behind you uses your back as a set of drums for an entire rock concert as if everyone does it (which has actually happened to my older brother at a Rush concert—it almost resulted in a fist fight).  That said, these shows are all unique and very moving at times and extremely entertaining.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HalfwayToGone said:

Having been to the first show in NYC, it was nowhere near as bad as people seem to think w/people yelling out.  Far quieter and more attentive/well-behaved audience than any rock show I ever attended for sure.  The haters (most of whom didn’t even go to any of these shows) should ask people who were actually there instead of reviewing the shows based on second hand video clips and a hypocritical notion that everyone should feel and behave exactly the same way as they do at a live public event or else they’re “selfish”.  I can understand being upset the guy behind you uses your back as a set of drums for an entire rock concert as if everyone does it (which has actually happened to my older brother at a Rush concert—it almost resulted in a fist fight).  That said, these shows are all unique and very moving at times and extremely entertaining.

There were 2 or 3 people in L.A. out and being annoying, but for the most part everyone was well behaved and attentive.