New Foo Fighters album this June.

https://consequence.net/2023/04/foo-fighters-new-album-but-here-we-are-rescued-stream/

Most likely, Dave just did the drum tracks like on the self titled one and some of TC&tS when he fired the first drummer since Taylor joined after the album was completed.  No choice but to be Phil Collins this time and possibly have someone fill in on tour.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, invisible airwave said:

https://consequence.net/2023/04/foo-fighters-new-album-but-here-we-are-rescued-stream/

Most likely, Dave just did the drum tracks like on the self titled one and some of TC&tS when he fired the first drummer since Taylor joined after the album was completed.  No choice but to be Phil Collins this time and possibly have someone fill in on tour.

I like the new song, hard to say how much yet, but for the first time in a very long time it feels like classic Foo Fighters. And I’ve liked all the recent records, but they’ve all had something extraneous to the Foos’ sound about them. This is cut and dry, like the first half of In Your Honor.

Also yeah I think it sounds like Dave on drums here.

• Like 1

Oh, I love the new song! A huge smile came over my face about five seconds in. EP,  you're right, very classic Foo Fighters song. I already like this better than everything on the last album which left me a bit blah. But this is great.

• Like 1

Sounds pretty good. Looking forward to this album and all the raw emotion that it'll bring after last year.

If the new song's indicating the rest of the album, it should already sound better than their dance-obsessed Medicine at Midnight. Concrete and Gold was such a near-perfect album and then they really took a dive.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, The Analog Cub said:

Sounds pretty good. Looking forward to this album and all the raw emotion that it'll bring after last year.

If the new song's indicating the rest of the album, it should already sound better than their dance-obsessed Medicine at Midnight. Concrete and Gold was such a near-perfect album and then they really took a dive.

How I felt about Pearl Jam when Dance of the Clairvoyants came out at first.  Actually, it's the other way around for me.  They sounded like they were going through the motions to me on C&G.  Run still rocks, though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, invisible airwave said:

How I felt about Pearl Jam when Dance of the Clairvoyants came out at first.  Actually, it's the other way around for me.  They sounded like they were going through the motions to me on C&G.  Run still rocks, though.

C&G worked really well for me because it did the different dynamics and musical variety perfectly like they did on Echoes, Silence, Patience, and Grace, but failed miserably at with Sonic Highways.

They're absolutely on fire with stuff like that when they get it right just like they're on fire with pure loud rage like they were on Wasting Light and TC&TS.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, The Analog Cub said:

C&G worked really well for me because it did the different dynamics and musical variety perfectly like they did on Echoes, Silence, Patience, and Grace, but failed miserably at with Sonic Highways.

They're absolutely on fire with stuff like that when they get it right just like they're on fire with pure loud rage like they were on Wasting Light and TC&TS.

I think the new one will be a very mid 00s kind of FF record, like the last time things were really bad for them.

I really haven't connected with anything since Wasted Light, so any change IMO is a step in the right direction.  Sad it takes a band member dying for them to right the ship.

On 4/20/2023 at 1:35 AM, The Analog Cub said:

I love Concrete And Gold

• Like 3

For clarity here's where I sit with Dave and the boys

1. Wasting Light

2. ESP&G

3. TC&TS

4. Concrete and Gold

5. There is Nothing Left to Lose

6. Debut

Bit of a quality dip

7. Medicine at Midnight

8. In Your Honor

9. Sonic Highways

10. One By One

1. Wasting Light

2. The Color And The Shape

3. Sonic Highways

4. In Your Honor (disc 1 only really)

5. There Is Nothing Left To Lose

6. Medicine At Midnight

7. Concrete And Gold

8. Debut (just haven’t really spun it much)

9. Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace (same here)

10. One By One (same but this is definitely the bottom)

8 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

1. Wasting Light

2. The Color And The Shape

3. Sonic Highways

4. In Your Honor (disc 1 only really)

5. There Is Nothing Left To Lose

6. Medicine At Midnight

7. Concrete And Gold

8. Debut (just haven’t really spun it much)

9. Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace (same here)

10. One By One (same but this is definitely the bottom)

Me and you are in the minority with Sonic Highways!

One By One has a couple of my favourite FF tunes, and the rest is decent filler.

Afraid I hated Medicine By Midnight

• Like 1

On 4/19/2023 at 11:07 AM, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I like the new song, hard to say how much yet, but for the first time in a very long time it feels like classic Foo Fighters. And I’ve liked all the recent records, but they’ve all had something extraneous to the Foos’ sound about them. This is cut and dry, like the first half of In Your Honor.

Also yeah I think it sounds like Dave on drums here.

Funny....In Your Honor is easily my least favorite album they ever recorded. Interesting. 

Song is solid though....sounds like a paint by the numbers Foo tune. 

I was also not crazy about the last record.....I know they are trying to stretch their sonic reach a bit.....Concrete Gold was really solid.....and I personally really enjoyed Sonic Highways and the stories behind all those tunes. 

Hopefully this one is special. 

1. There is Nothing Left to Lose

2. ESP&G

3. Wasted Light

4. TC&TS

5. Concrete Gold

6. Sonic Highways

7. One By One

8. Debut

9. Medicine at Midnight

10. In Your Honor

Edited by Todem

Just finished my first playthrough of this one and this is the first time I've immediately resonated with one of their records since Wasting Light. It feels like Dave actually had songs he just had to get out there rather than go through the motions and cobble together a by-the-numbers album. It has a similar energy to the Self Titled where Dave was healing from Kurt's death.

• Like 2

I don't profess to be a foo fighters fan in fact a large majority leaves me cold but i've had 2 plays.  FANTASTIC album all around.

and depressing as fukk but it made for some of Dave's most personal raw lyrics.

Mick

• Like 3

7 hours ago, invisible airwave said:

Only one listen so far but it's better than I expected.  If the 1st impressions keep up on with repeated listenings then it may be the best since TCatS.

Last "best in years" album to do this to me was Pressure Machine by The Killers.

See I love love love love Pressure Machine but I still low-key prefer Imploding The Mirage.

Love The Killer though. Not a bad album for me.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2023 at 2:22 PM, Union 5-3992 said:

Just finished my first playthrough of this one and this is the first time I've immediately resonated with one of their records since Wasting Light. It feels like Dave actually had songs he just had to get out there rather than go through the motions and cobble together a by-the-numbers album. It has a similar energy to the Self Titled where Dave was healing from Kurt's death.

That's exactly what I thought upon listening to this - same energy as the debut. I rarely listened to FF's after TCATS. There's an attitude on this album, just doing what it wants. Lots of FF's albums seem heavily scripted to me, going through the motions. This doesn't IMO. I'll defo be listening to this again and again.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, condemned2bfree said:

That's exactly what I thought upon listening to this - same energy as the debut. I rarely listened to FF's after TCATS. There's an attitude on this album, just doing what it wants. Lots of FF's albums seem heavily scripted to me, going through the motions. This doesn't IMO. I'll defo be listening to this again and again.

this is my big problem with FF.  It just sounds like an assembly line machine

press on button..........hit hit hit hit.  there all very sterile in how they present the music.  not that the music's not catchy it nearly always is. but it's like they just toss out these things with so little passion.  That's probably not how they work but it's how it comes off.

Mick

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

this is my big problem with FF.  It just sounds like an assembly line machine

press on button..........hit hit hit hit.  there all very sterile in how they present the music.  not that the music's not catchy it nearly always is. but it's like they just toss out these things with so little passion.  That's probably not how they work but it's how it comes off.

Mick

Glad to hear I'm not the only one:laugh:. FF's albums sounded like the were just going through the motions. It's for this reason I couldn't understand how they were so popular. This latest offering seems to buck that.

• Like 1