The Official 2023 NFL season thread

laughedatbytime

21 minutes ago, goose said:

That was a sweet move, very smart!  How about Browning lighting up the Vikes for 300+ yds?  Bengals are looking pretty good right now.

I expected the Bengals to rout the Vikings, who are mediocre at best.  All my Viking fan friends may disagree..... :biggrin:  

Browning is making a real name for himself in Bengals lore.  Certain "bad" Bengal fans are even wanting Joe Burrow to go away, which is childish.      

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sure, I'll start Jared Goff over Jalen Hurts this week!   No, just kidding.  I would never start Goff over Hurts.

Jared Goff and his 35 points are safely on my bench, where they belong.....right?    :doh:

• Haha 1

everytime nfl network showed the playoff situation they had to harp..."if the vikings win out, they'll win the division." 

pfffffft bwaaaaaahahaha suck it nfl network. 

most egregious non pass interference call late in the bengals game. SOB held him for 10 yards....pull the whistle out of your ass. mullens is an interception machine...just as many picks as TDs in his career.

most complete game by the lions in a while. defense finally waking up with important guys coming back soon. with minny twice and dallas once, home field could get interesting. mali...mele....meli...number 6 was a beast. involved in every tackle. i think they found a decent strong safety.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HemiBeers said:

everytime nfl network showed the playoff situation they had to harp..."if the vikings win out, they'll win the division." 

pfffffft bwaaaaaahahaha suck it nfl network. 

most egregious non pass interference call late in the bengals game. SOB held him for 10 yards....pull the whistle out of your ass. mullens is an interception machine...just as many picks as TDs in his career.

most complete game by the lions in a while. defense finally waking up with important guys coming back soon. with minny twice and dallas once, home field could get interesting. mali...mele....meli...number 6 was a beast. involved in every tackle. i think they found a decent strong safety.

But that performance against the unbearables...Hopefully the Browns will put them in their place.   :popcorn:

Baker Mayfield toyed with the Packers' defense today. 

Packer fans' hatred for Tampa Bay has grown deeper..... 

rcv8ksxlu1341.png?width=439&format=png&a    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Principled Man said:

Baker Mayfield toyed with the Packers' defense today. 

Packer fans' hatred for Tampa Bay has grown deeper..... 

rcv8ksxlu1341.png?width=439&format=png&a    

f***in Packers, lol

16 hours ago, JohnRogers said:

Whoa, Miami is playing football this year! AFC East, woof, how the mighty have fallen.

An interesting three ensuing weeks for sure; Dallas, at Baltimore, and Buffalo.

In today's edition of The Onion!  :biggrin:

James Webb Telescope Finds Evidence Of Packers Secondary Lined Up 20 Million Light Years Off Receivers

9e862a5ca6e0b7a828423c5cbe22b7df.jpg

• Haha 3

Seahawks pull it out with a 4th quarter comeback vs the Eagles.  Game ball goes to the offensive penalty that kept Seattle from stupidly going for it on 4th and two and passing on the guaranteed 3 points, which was the winning differential.

Analytics, lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, goose said:

Seahawks pull it out with a 4th quarter comeback vs the Eagles.  Game ball goes to the offensive penalty that kept Seattle from stupidly going for it on 4th and two and passing on the guaranteed 3 points, which was the winning differential.

Analytics, lol.

You mean the sack that made it 4th and 8?

9 hours ago, goose said:

The NFL playoffs, were they held this weekend, would have 10-4 Philly traveling to 7-7 Tampa Bay.  :blink:

Relevant to MLB, as well, but is it time to rethink the value of winning a division? Some of them are quite weak, relatively, and while that changes over the years, maybe we just put all the teams into a pot and seed them 1-7? Looking at the standings Treeduck posted, all that would change at the moment is reversing the home field for the Eagles-Bucs, but maybe that's how it should be?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Relevant to MLB, as well, but is it time to rethink the value of winning a division? Some of them are quite weak, relatively, and while that changes over the years, maybe we just put all the teams into a pot and seed them 1-7? Looking at the standings Treeduck posted, all that would change at the moment is reversing the home field for the Eagles-Bucs, but maybe that's how it should be?

Interesting idea, but while the financial structure of baseball lends itself to large, ongoing and reasonably geographically ingrained advantages for certain teams, the same is not true for football, so these things should work themselves out over time, rather than recurring to the advantage of the same teams. I would have less trouble with it in football than baseball for that reason.

If it does work that way though it should be in conjunction with evening out the schedules in any given year, which would reduce the games between traditional rivals, which I don't like, so after all is said and done, I'm ok with the only occasional "unfair" anomalies that result at present.  I would support HFA for the team with the better record.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Mediocre teams from a weak division already get a guaranteed spot.  Home field goes beyond reasonable. 

• Like 1