The Official 2023 MLB Thread

Nova Carmina

once again, live by the analytics, die by the analytics. All four losing teams over-relied on them, and now they are watching the game on TV like the rest of us schmucks. Good riddance. When will these people realize that at some point you have to close the damn laptop and actually PLAY the game? 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

John Schneider is an imbecile!!!!

Easily rooting for them because F the Trashtros.

Just heard about Eppler stepping down. :laugh:  He ruined my team and now he's ruined the Mets.  Serves him right.

Now, if only Arte could do the same.  GM Perry sucks, too.

3 hours ago, invisible airwave said:

Easily rooting for them because F the Trashtros.

And Minnesota voting for Carter, Mondale and Dukakis doesn't hurt either, right?  :wink:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

And Minnesota voting for Carter, Mondale and Dukakis doesn't hurt either, right?  :wink:

I actually thought that was to their credit! :biggrin:

What's up with MLB having two days with no baseball in the middle of the playoffs?

1 hour ago, liquidcrystalcompass said:

Let's go Rangers!!

I've been watching the Rangers all year, they're a fun team. If their bullpen can hang in there they have a shot. Just have to find a way to beat the  Houston Asshos should they get that far.

1 minute ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

I've been watching the Rangers all year, they're a fun team. If their bullpen can hang in there they have a shot. Just have to find a way to beat the  Houston Asshos should they get that far.

Yep.  The bullpen hasn't been good the whole season.  We lost deGram and Sherzer and are still in it.  There's a chance Sherzer might be able to pitch if we advance far enough.  Evan Carter has forced his way in to be in the line up everyday next season.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, liquidcrystalcompass said:

Yep.  The bullpen hasn't been good the whole season.  We lost deGram and Sherzer and are still in it.  There's a chance Sherzer might be able to pitch if we advance far enough.  Evan Carter has forced his way in to be in the line up everyday next season.

Carter is solid. The kid is not scared of the big moments and he's all business. Impressive for a young rookie.

As for the bullpen, hopefully the starters can get to at least the 6th innings, and try to limit Chapman's innings. He's at that point where he's ineffective when he pitches too often.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

I was thinking more Dylan, Prince and MST3K.

Politics don't mean jack for my sport team from ORANGE COUNTY.  It's the least of my problems with Arte.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Yet another disappointment for the regulars here after the proceedings in Houston today.  

"Will no one rid me of this turbulent Asstros team?" --King Henry II

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

"Will no one rid me of this turbulent Asstros team?" --King Henry II

Nice, but we must also remember the story of Boleslaw Szczodry. His reign was very promising with many victories in the beginning, until he met Bishop Stanislaw, a huge Cracovia fan, I'm told. After dismembering the friar, he had to flee to Hungary.  

• Haha 1

On 10/4/2023 at 7:01 PM, Principled Man said:

Brewers doing what they do best….CHOKING!  

Oh yeah?  Well I just turned on LA vs Zona and it's 8-0 Dbacks top of the second.

Make that 9-0 off a sac fly with the bags full.   LOL

ETA. One thing seems certain in the MLB post season...Kershaw's gonna Kershaw

Edited by goose
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, laughedatbytime said:

The Rangers are on to the ALCS, sweeping both AL East teams out of the playoffs.

Impressive showing so far, they swept two good teams, they're scoring a shit-ton of runs, and their much maligned bullpen has been mostly effective. They're not playing a boring style of baseball.

11 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Impressive showing so far, they swept two good teams, they're scoring a shit-ton of runs, and their much maligned bullpen has been mostly effective. They're not playing a boring style of baseball.

I hope we can stay on this streak.  We've been a streaky team all year.  Good and bad.

• Like 1

Reflecting on how round 2 of the MLB playoffs have  gone,  I think the Dodgers can make a case for changing the format so there is no bye.  Rest clearly puts a team at a disadvantage, and MLB needs to address the fact that winning your division puts you at a disadvantage for the playoffs.

In other news, the Astros advance to their 7th consecutive ALCS.  And they had a bye. 

9 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

Dodgers lose!

Dodgers, lol.  The Codgers have had 10 seasons in which they won 100+ games, including 2023.

In those seasons they have won zero World Series.

3 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Dodgers, lol.  The Codgers have had 10 seasons in which they won 100+ games, including 2023.

In those seasons they have won zero World Series.

Many of my fellow Brewer fans constantly diss the team, saying that they have no chance of going far in the playoffs. 

I constantly remind them that in the post-season, anything can happen. 

The heavy favorites to win it all don't always win it all.  In fact, they fail quite often. 

It's the same in all team sports.  The hot team - not the "best" team - wins it all.  

Of course, the Brewers usually enter the playoffs quite cold....but that is a different story.  :angry:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

• The topic was unpinned