The Official 2023 MLB Thread

Nova Carmina

Brewers go into yet another offensive sinkhole at the worst possible time. 

They can't scrape up 2 runs yesterday at home (2-1 loss), and then they make Adam Wainwright look good tonight by whiffing on his nerf balls (1-0 loss). 

This Jekyll/Hyde team is driving me crazy!!   :fistscrying:     

18 hours ago, Principled Man said:

Brewers go into yet another offensive sinkhole at the worst possible time. 

They can't scrape up 2 runs yesterday at home (2-1 loss), and then they make Adam Wainwright look good tonight by whiffing on his nerf balls (1-0 loss). 

This Jekyll/Hyde team is driving me crazy!!   :fistscrying:     

Waino, what a gem. I thought he should have gone out with Yadi and Albert, but if he was going to come back for that 200th win, I'm glad he got it; I reckoned for sure he was cooked after some of those outings earlier this season.

• Like 1

So I'm watching an Omaha Storm Chasers (AAA) game and they're using the ABS system, wherein the ump only relays the automated balls and strikes, and I quite like it! They've got a handy graphic, it's fast, and there's little bitching. Bring it on!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nova Carmina said:

So I'm watching an Omaha Storm Chasers (AAA) game and they're using the ABS system, wherein the ump only relays the automated balls and strikes, and I quite like it! They've got a handy graphic, it's fast, and there's little bitching. Bring it on!

Yep, no reason not to.

• Like 1

The Brewers are about to win the NL Central without their golden boy Christian Yelich, who is out once again with back issues.  He’s been fighting a bad back for at least two years.  

The burning question for the Brewers is, “Do they really need Yelich anymore?”  They’ve been playing very well, their pitching staff is red hot, their last minute trade acquisitions are doing great, and their rookies are making solid contributions.  

They’re financially stuck with Yelich for almost 20 years (including many deferred payments), but on the field, they don’t miss him very much.  

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 2

On 9/23/2023 at 7:18 PM, Nova Carmina said:

Royals! They've been out of the playoff chase since late April, but they're sticking it to the Astros!

Serves the Trashtros right!  They're not going all the way this year anyways.  Baltimore and Atlanta are just too good.  

I never tire of this song.

wplFqTJ.jpg

Edited by invisible airwave

Yadier Molina must have been screaming at his television tonight.  

The Cardinals’ new catcher had a runner dead between 2nd and 3rd, and instead of running right at him, he threw the ball to 2nd base.  The throw to 3rd was way too late, and the runner eventually scored the winning run.    

• Like 1

Failos finish with the exact same record as last "14 game losing streak" season.  Can you just feel the love from Arte and Perry to us fans? :rolleyes::facepalm:Rendon better be gone next season.

Silver lining, 3 AL east teams are in the playoffs and neither of them are the Red Sox (RIP Wakefield, btw) and Yankees. :laugh:

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

Brewers’ top pitcher Brandon Woodruff is out with a throwing shoulder injury.  

A different injury to the same shoulder sidelined him from April to August. He came back and dominated.  He was their best pitcher.  Now, he’s gone.  :rage:

On 10/1/2023 at 12:10 PM, Chicken hawk said:

Tim Died this morning.   October 1, 2023.   Last day of the Boston Red Sox;s season.  Brain Cancer   he was 57. 

He was one of the best !   

Man.  That's way too young.

:rose:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, goose said:

DBacks, trying to close out game 1, just struck out the side in the 8th.  :popcorn:

Meanwhile Milwaukee's Williams gets up 0-2 on the leadoff batter and ends up walking him to start the 9th...  :popcorn::popcorn:

And follows with another walk...:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

2 minutes ago, goose said:

Williams follows with a K and then Zona gets nailed on the double steal.  

Wild pitch puts a man on third...Pham walks. :popcorn:

Walkers delivers with a 2-run shot off the center field wall.  6-3 Arizona!

• Like 1

On 10/3/2023 at 7:36 PM, Nova Carmina said:

Let's go . . . Marlins! (Yeah, sure, why not? I've got to get on somebody's bandwagon . .  .)

Sorry, Florida Marlins, for bringing my Missouri Baseball energy into your camp; still, you had a fun season, right? 

• The topic was unpinned