The Official 2023 MLB Thread

Nova Carmina

1 hour ago, laughedatbytime said:

Canha to the Brewers.

.250 hitters are better than the current .200 hitters!

Enjoy Jose Cuas, Cubs fans!  What to know: Great story about a guy who worked hard and never quit on his dream; funky low-angle right-handed delivery; and he's absolutely guaranteed to let inherited runners score!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, laughedatbytime said:

Paul DeJong to Jays for Matt Svanson (at least that's how it was spelled on MLBN).

Yeah, it's a rebuild. 

Wow, the Jays really picked the Cardinals' pocket -- I've never even heard of this Svanson guy! :tongue: 

Farking Brewers SUCK!  :rage:  Plenty of opportunities to put the game away....

Men on 2nd and 3rd, no outs, then three straight strikeouts.

Closer Devin Williams pitches the 9th, up 2-1.....

Huge error by their new 1st baseman, Carlos Santana, then a freak wimpy single, then a walk,......then a LOSS.     :rage:  :rage:  :rage:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Principled Man said:

Farking Brewers SUCK!  :rage:  Plenty of opportunities to put the game away....

Men on 2nd and 3rd, no outs, then three straight strikeouts.

Closer Devin Williams pitches the 9th, up 2-1.....

Huge error by their new 1st baseman, Carlos Santana, then a freak wimpy single, then a walk,......then a LOSS.     :rage:  :rage:  :rage:

He buckner'd it! That throw home, though, was . . . not great. Didn't give your catcher a chance.

10 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

He buckner'd it! That throw home, though, was . . . not great. Didn't give your catcher a chance.

My Brewer fan friend chose to go to DC on vacation with his family in part to go to that game...

Edited by laughedatbytime

27 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

I turned it off after the walk.  Had to go outside and get some air.... :fistscrying:

On 8/1/2023 at 9:11 AM, Nova Carmina said:

Enjoy Jose Cuas, Cubs fans!  What to know: Great story about a guy who worked hard and never quit on his dream; funky low-angle right-handed delivery; and he's absolutely guaranteed to let inherited runners score!

The Cubs have found a role for him.  Bring him in to start an inning with a 10 run lead.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

The Cubs have found a role for him.  Bring him in to start an inning with a 10 run lead.

That's absolutely the way to go. Seriously, with a clean inning he's pretty good (although would it matter up by 10?!?), but he let 56% of inherited runners score, so if you've got Ross's ear, just remind him.

Fox announcers interviewing the Pirates’ manager during play.  :puke:

No respect for the game.   

14 minutes ago, Principled Man said:

Fox announcers interviewing the Pirates’ manager during play.  :puke:

No respect for the game.   

But don't you get a lot out of conversations with someone who's only interested in offering platitudes while being totally distracted by whatever is happening behind you? Those interviews are gold, I tell you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nova Carmina said:

But don't you get a lot out of conversations with someone who's only interested in offering platitudes while being totally distracted by whatever is happening behind you? Those interviews are gold, I tell you!

Just as golden as the on-field reporter asking the players, “How important was it to get this win?”…..!!  

:blink:

• Haha 2

On 8/2/2023 at 10:00 PM, laughedatbytime said:

Turns out he's versatile, you can give him a clean inning down 8 as well.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2023 at 6:31 PM, Principled Man said:

Just as golden as the on-field reporter asking the players, “How important was it to get this win?”…..!!  

:blink:

Or, "How disappointing was this loss?"  :blink:

1 hour ago, invisible airwave said:

Tim Anderson F'ed around and found out.  Forever memed.

Fisticuffs!  Donnybrook!  The Boys of Summer!

• Haha 1

On 8/4/2023 at 3:46 PM, laughedatbytime said:

Turns out he's versatile, you can give him a clean inning down 8 as well.

And up 1 he holds the best team in baseball scoreless.

Hold, Cuas!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, laughedatbytime said:

What am I missing here?

Really? Was it because his comments failed to be sufficiently rah-rah as someone working for the Orioles? I was waiting for some accidental swearing or "The Rays owned the Orioles" or something. I got nothing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

Really? Was it because his comments failed to be sufficiently rah-rah as someone working for the Orioles? I was waiting for some accidental swearing or "The Rays owned the Orioles" or something. I got nothing.

I can't figure it out.  I was waiting for a slur as well.  Unless there's something I missed, the backlash should be swift and severe.

I do remember Gary Thorne's sighs of exasperation when they were getting trounced 13-1 every other game, and I don't think anything happened to him.

1 hour ago, Nova Carmina said:

1 hour ago, laughedatbytime said:

I can't figure it out.  I was waiting for a slur as well.  Unless there's something I missed, the backlash should be swift and severe.

I do remember Gary Thorne's sighs of exasperation when they were getting trounced 13-1 every other game, and I don't think anything happened to him.

Certain owners and/or management have some pretty thin skin.   Fans should chip in and buy them some blankies and pacifiers.      

• Like 2

Brewers 12

Rockies 1

Brewers’ pitchers came within one hit of a perfect game.  :ohmy:
Freddy Peralta gave up a solo homer in the first, then retired 20 straight.  13 K’s

Two relievers got the last 6 consecutive outs.  

• The topic was unpinned