Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

Subway to Sally - Eisheilige Nacht: Back to Lindenpark

More German folk metal.  28 songs worth.  Interesting that a bunch of the songs were collaborations with other German bands I have been listening to (Feuerschwanz, Schandmaul, Saltatio Mortis) or other artists (inc. Patty Gurdy who I am most familiar with from her collaboration with the wonderful Scardust - you lucky dogs in Europe get Blind Guardian on your with Scardust opening for them this year).  Their was also some dude who went by the handle Major Voice on a few of the songs.  Appropriate handle - some serious pipes there.

Good album.  Really enjoying all this German folk metal I have been exploring.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Avenged Sevenfold- Life Is But A Dream...

FINALLY I am digging it 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

FINALLY I am digging it 

Huzzah!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thin Lizzy - Fighting (as lean and tough as the cover suggests)

Them Crooked Vultures - Them Crooked Vultures

TCV: not technically my first listen, but the first one where I was actually paying attention... wow! This is fantastic stuff. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

FINALLY I am digging it 

Welcome...........TO THE DARRRRRK SIIIIIIDE!!!!!!!!!

but seriously......:laugh2::laugh::laugh:

you my friend are a gift, lol

Mick

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A7X-Life is but A Dream.....(10/10)

yes 10 and i stand by my 10.  firmly.  I can see why some found this off putting and "too weird"  but to me this is a natural progression album.  A7X were always leaning weird.  this is just them embracing that side and seeing where it goes.  also among the odd is actually hooks galore if you care to hear them.

so i get the naysayers while simultaneously not getting them, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

yes 10 and i stand by my 10.  firmly.  I can see why some found this off putting and "too weird"  but to me this is a natural progression album.  A7X were always leaning weird.  this is just them embracing that side and seeing where it goes.  also among the odd is actually hooks galore if you care to hear them.

Mick

I'm spinning it again now, and yeah this is aoty material for me, as someone who's never spent much time with this band before too. This will be challenging Paramore and 100 Gecs for the throne, and a few others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Mick

I'll add this thought. As a major Muse fan, this is exactly the kind of record part of me longs for Muse to make. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I'll add this thought. As a major Muse fan, this is exactly the kind of record part of me longs for Muse to make. 

the album is actually VERY classic muse.  and i hate to say it but A7X out Mused Muse here.

but i hear a lot of things in this album. Queen, Muse, a little touch of Floyd.  honestly it's a run down of classic prog and i love it.

Mick

• Like 1

Just now, bluefox4000 said:

the album is actually VERY classic muse.  and i hate to say it but A7X out Mused Muse here.

but i hear a lot of things in this album. Queen, Muse, a little touch of Floyd.  honestly it's a run down of classic prog and i love it.

Mick

Parts of Cosmic (where I am now) could be ripped straight from Citizen Erased. I love it!

I hear a lot of non specifically prog influences in here too. Daft Punk, Sufjan Stevens, eh...even Kanye West...whom I now hate vehemently but there was good music put out under his name and darn if that influence isn't put to great use on Nobody.

• Like 2

Avenged Sevenfold - Life Is But A Dream...

If my understanding of the "prevailing wisdom" about this band has long been something along the lines of them being too mainstream or something... well this kicks those accusations in the nuts.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

5 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Thin Lizzy - Fighting (as lean and tough as the cover suggests)

Them Crooked Vultures - Them Crooked Vultures

TCV: not technically my first listen, but the first one where I was actually paying attention... wow! This is fantastic stuff. 

They had a mini-reunion last year. I think Grohl and Homme have expressed interest in doing another album before JPJ gets too old.

• Like 3