Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

British Lion - British Lion

British Lion - The Burning

I had never heard of this band until recently when I watched something on youtube that listed all of the bands playing at 2 of the big European festivals this year (Hellfest & Wacken).  This video showed very short clips of all the bands at both festivals and this band looked interesting - as did some other bands I had not heard of.  So I wrote down this bands name (and some of the other bands that interested me) and gave them a shot.  Glad I did.  Both were good albums.  Decent song writing, decent guitarists, good singer.  Not great but good and his style fits what the band is doing musically.  Plus Steve Harris of Iron Maiden on bass.  What a surprise there.

No song really jumped out and demanded my attention but not really any dud's on the albums.  Glad I gave them a shot.  Solid and enjoyable. 

Will have to try some of the other bands who's names I wrote down. 

Red Hot Chili Peppers Unlimited Love

Gave this a rest for a few weeks. Played the disc on random. What a delight - sounded fresh!

Why don't they play Nerve Flip live? Frustrating - would be great!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Foo Fighters-But here We Are (7/10)

this album wore off fast for me.  Strip away the tragedy aspect and it's really just more foos.

Mick

These are great songs. The only issue with it being "more Foos" is if you actually don't like Foo Fighters lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

These are great songs. The only issue with it being "more Foos" is if you actually don't like Foo Fighters lol

that and the production is dogshit, lol

But it's 2023 so par for the course.

Mick

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Jethro Tull-Minstrel in the Gallery (10/10)

Mick

If you haven't heard it, "Summerday Sands" is a really good bonus track from Minstrel.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

that and the production is dogshit, lol

But it's 2023 so par for the course.

Mick

The production isn't amazing but it also isn't so bad I don't thoroughly enjoy the music. 

A7X have a brilliant sounding album with utter garbage for songs. 

2 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

The production isn't amazing but it also isn't so bad I don't thoroughly enjoy the music. 

A7X have a brilliant sounding album with utter garbage for songs. 

LIBAD? flipped again huh?

your wrong but you do you.

Sleep token is more embarrasing IMO.

:biggrin:

Mick

• Haha 1

Steve Lukathar-Bridges (9/10)

My fav solo album he's done.  Well done Luke!!!!  it's like a Toto jr. Album.  Simon Phillips, David Paitch and Joe Williams are all on it.

Maybe their strongest batch of songs together in a decade.

Mick

• Like 1

Avenged Sevenfold - Life Is But a Dream cover art.jpg

Whilst I admire the experimentation and ambition here, it's just too much of a mish-mash for me.

Comedy Of Errors – Threnody For A Dead Queen (2023, CD) - Discogs

Solid prog from Scottish band Comedy Of Errors.

Greta Van Fleet - The Battle at Garden's Gate.png

I think I jumped on the anti Greta Van Fleet bandwagon without giving them a proper chance.

I have started to re-evaluate their stuff and I am liking what I hear!

Lewis Capaldi-Broken By Desire to Be Heaven Sent.

I know this guy's getting all the love and fans worldwide gather to finish his songs for him (OK mean but:laugh: i made myself laugh) but his music sucks.  ok.....not sucks but does it have to be one overwrought vocal after another? and the album title tells you just how overwrought. 

very little variety here and it just becomes one tear driven slow tune after another.

Mick

• Like 1

Ed Sheerhan-Subtract

Having a pretty diverse day.  Always been a champion of Ed.  he's an easy target.  but i like him.  Subtract seems a very personal album.  He's almost continuing in sound what Swift abandoned on Midnights. And i'm on board.  it's very sparse.  very acoustic but there is some real beautiful music here.

Mick