Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

They are fun! Very nineties garage band, it's like a less earnest Black Keys at times 

They're releasing dumb music for the fun of it. They seem like a tight knit group of friends goofing around. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Union 5-3992 said:

They're releasing dumb music for the fun of it. They seem like a tight knit group of friends goofing around. 

Well they seem like a lot of fun, and I'm having fun checking them out

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Turbine Freight said:

Black Sabbath Live At Last.jpg

I wish more bands recognized that live albums should sound live, not like studio albums with an audience.  I know Sabbath didn't want this coming out, but they should have.  I'll take the feedback and lyrical miscues over Kiss' "Alive" or VH's Right Here, Right Now, any day.  If I want to hear what a song sounds like in a studio, I can find it easily enough.  And I'm pretty sure at least some of this was used a third time (this and Past Masters before) on the Vol. IV deluxe edition.

Queens Of The Zzzzzzz- New Album

Well that was boring. I wasn't hyped for this album, but I was expecting to be pleasantly surprised. Never heard an album I don't like from them.

Granted, I haven't heard them all.

This was really uninteresting, with some lyrics I found super cringey. Is something going on with this band? They used to have a real fire in their bellies.

This sounded oddly...insistent on being unlikeable. 

• Like 2

Queens Of The Stone Age- Era Vulgaris

Well this is much better!

• Like 3

Devin Townsend Project- Ki

Fancied something different. QOTSA aren't a band I care to listen to two full albums of in a row.

37 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Queens Of The Zzzzzzz- New Album

Well that was boring. I wasn't hyped for this album, but I was expecting to be pleasantly surprised. Never heard an album I don't like from them.

Granted, I haven't heard them all.

This was really uninteresting, with some lyrics I found super cringey. Is something going on with this band? They used to have a real fire in their bellies.

This sounded oddly...insistent on being unlikeable. 

I found a few tracks a liked, but for sure a lot of it just didn’t reel me in. I think I had a bit of trouble with the vox too. Josh has a unique voice, not super powerful but strong enough in the right context to work even over really heavy stuff. This record I don’t think he uses it to it’s best effect. His vibrato is very wide and pretty slow, and when he double tracks himself it makes it sound like he can’t hold a tune very well. Certainly this is part of the artist intent, and I don’t begrudge him that, but it doesn’t work well for me as a listener.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

Queens Of The Stone Age- Era Vulgaris

Well this is much better!

the bonus track The Fun Machine Took A Shit And Died is my favorite qotsa song, thats the one that got me interested in the first place

Bruce Springsteen- Western Stars 

Pearl Jam- Pearl Jam

Rush- Moving Pictures 

• Like 7