Ben Folds - Way To Normal
Ben Folds & Nick Hornby - Lonely Avenue
Ben Folds & yMusic - So There
Boygenius - The Record (Vinyl)

Edited by Super25Smasher
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Super25Smasher said:

Boygenius - The Record (Vinyl)

Between this and The Jonas Brothers’ - The Album, it’s not been a good year for popular  singing trios giving their new albums creative titles. Next thing I know the surviving members of CSNY will put out a new one and call it “The Record-Album”

• Like 1

Pearl Jam- Ten (Redux)

Pearl Jam- Riot Act 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Between this and The Jonas Brothers’ - The Album, it’s not been a good year for popular  singing trios giving their new albums creative titles. Next thing I know the surviving members of CSNY will put out a new one and call it “The Record-Album”

For real. It's a great album, but I'm sure any of the three of them could've come up with a better title.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chronos said:

DuranDuran-Medazzaland.jpg

Duran Duran, Medazzaland (1997)

🤔This Album cover artwork reminds me very much of U2’s Actung Baby

1 hour ago, ST3V said:

Ive heard its better and harder than The Quest. what do you think

On a first full listen I'd say it's better than The Quest yes. I think the vocals from Jon Davison are probably the best he's produced so far. I thought The Quest was pretty good too, but this one has some better more interesting songs and I was impressed with the bass playing too. Probably the opening track Cut From the Stars is the heaviest in terms of guitars, that's my favourite song so far along with Mirror to the Sky. I didn't get the version with the bonus disc, I thought I had, so I don't know about the songs on there. The Quest bonus disc is very poor though.

• Like 1

Deftones - Around The Fur

Foo Fighters - But Here We Are

Megadeth - Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good!

Bruce Springsteen - Born In The USA

The Freeze - Rabid Reaction

Tears For Fears - Songs From The Big Chair

• Like 4

Paul_McCartney_-_New.jpg

Paul McCartney, New (2013)

First listen, and an enjoyable one. I'll add this to my rotation and go check out all the other Macca albums I've never gotten around to.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

A7X-Nightmare (6/10)

Mick

I would be between 6 and 7. Some fans deeply love this album. For me, it is far better than anyone ought to have expected, but at the same time the tone is dark and sombre and you can hear how tragedy affected the vibe of the recording. It lacks their usual spontaneity.

I personally love Hail To The King. I think after Nightmare, they needed to find joy again. They did, and after a one and done back to basics album we got The Stage and now the new album, which is bloody chaos. I'm still not into it but I'm also very glad its not boring. Seeing the fanbase divided is fun. It means A7X are business as usual (it's just the first time I'm not on the positive reaction side).

I will love A7X forever I think.

• Like 1

Pearl Jam- Ten (Redux)

Ten and Third Eye Blind's debut are tied now as my favourite release of the nineties.

Hearing this album remixed with less reverb and cleaner production has made it feel Brand new again for me. The riffs, the backing vocals, the drumming...its made a perfect album seem somehow even greater.

Avenged Sevenfold- Hail To The King 

I love this album. Sure its a little cliche and you could almost mistake this as a classic rock compilation, but I don't care. There is passion in every single one of these songs, and a sense of joy in every track.

But I never want them to revisit this style again. One and done. 

• Like 1

Avenged Sevenfold- ...Life Is But A Dream

I saw people liken this album to Muse. I don't hear it. What I am embarrassed to admit is that I'm currently hearing the same spark of magic and weirdness that fuelled City Of Evil.

Oops. I'm actually singing along to parts now, it is really fun. Another album it reminds me of: Awake by Dream Theater. And also Blackstones And Diamonds by Machine Head. All these albums are relentless creative and take a lot of time to really absorb.

I don't think this album relaxes on creative energy once. 

Highlights for me, finally:

Nobody

Mattel

Cosmic

Game Over

This album is working up the ranks as well. I'd put it above the first two albums, Nightmare and The Stage. 

Cosmic...that's the song that truly broke the ice for me.

• Like 2

Pearl Jam- Gigaton 

Okay so...I didn't like this when it came out. And left it at that. I really appreciated it this time, there is a lot going on and it reminded me a lot of Vitalogy oddly. 

• Like 2

Pearl Jam- No Code

This is underrated. I hear people wax lyrical about the first three Pearl Jam albums, but this is no less brilliant. 

• Like 1

Pearl Jam- Binaural

Brilliant album. Light Years is a firm favourite of mine.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1