Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

7 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Meat Loaf like bombast? You heard a different album than I did.

I don't care lol

• Like 1

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Segue Myles said:

I don't care lol

you tell em, lol.

i honestly get where your coming from.

it doesn't remind me of classic Meat though......more like Bat III and he wouldn't like that album then come to think of it:laugh2:

Mick

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

you tell em, lol.

i honestly get where your coming from.

it doesn't remind me of classic Meat though......more like Bat III and he wouldn't like that album then come to think of it:laugh2:

Mick

Yes definitely! But also...not sound but that OTT no f***s given almost cartoony camp rock bombast that Meat Loaf has throughout his best work.

But honestly I'm okay not getting into a bicker with a non-fan.

A7X are precious to me, I'd rather chat away with other fans 🤣

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Segue Myles said:

Yes definitely! But also...not sound but thaytOTT no f***s given almodt cartoony camp rock bombast.

But honestly I'm okay not getting into a bicker with a non-fan.

A7X are precious to me, I'd rather chat away with other fans 🤣

i love this band now and wish i'd just ignored the hate.  cause they are literally everything i love in one band.

Also i appreciate with the new album they said Here's this new album we made if y'all hate it.......blow us.

i love that attitude, lol

Mick

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, bluefox4000 said:

i love this band now and wish i'd just ignored the hate.  cause they are literally everything i love in one band.

Also i appreciate with the new album they said Here's this new album we made if y'all hate it.......blow us.

i love that attitude, lol

Mick

Yeah, I feel that the new album took me ages because I've just not been listening much to them. Once I did a discography run, the album clicked. And now I'm confused as to what it was that annoyed me so much!

A7X are in the same category as Lamb Of God, Mastodon and Trivium for me. They are my post-2000 Big 4 of US metal. 

Lmao yes Testament are just outside that too 🤣

• Like 2

Madonna- Erotica 

I have always loved this album, and I always will. One of my top pop albums ever. The hate it got from conservatives makes me happy. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Yeah, I feel that the new album took me ages because I've just not been listening much to them. Once I did a discography run, the album clicked. And now I'm confused as to what it was that annoyed me so much!

A7X are in the same category as Lamb Of God, Mastodon and Trivium for me. They are my post-2000 Big 4 of US metal. 

Lmao yes Testament are just outside that too 🤣

the annoyance you were feeling was......."Everybody is largly loving this.,......I WANT IN!!!!!! Why can't i get in on it too?"

trust me i know the feeling, lol

Mick

• Haha 2

Just now, bluefox4000 said:

the annoyance you were feeling was......."Everybody is largly loving this.,......I WANT IN!!!!!! Why can't i get in on it too?"

trust me i know the feeling, lol

Mick

It aggravated me because I was actively hating it but itching to hear it again. Never had a feeling like it 🤣

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

It aggravated me because I was actively hating it but itching to hear it again. Never had a feeling like it 🤣

it was like watchiong a will they won't they?

i'm on the side  going......FUKK ALREADY!!!!!!!!:laugh2:

Mick

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

it was like watchiong a will they won't they?

i'm on the side  going......FUKK ALREADY!!!!!!!!:laugh2:

Mick

I genuinely was getting a bit down...I thought me and A7X were over (jokes, never...but I had never once been on the negative side of their fanbase and I felt moody I might just hate something)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

They are definitely not for everyone! I have a few times had this exact reaction when a new album comes out (I did this year). They are obnoxious. You either get with it or just leave it be.

No biggie! 

And I will always recommend Blind Guardian as an alternative haha

I mean I love that you're like me, you give a band a lot of opportunity before spouting opinions. No one can say you didn't try!

Thanks a lot.  Given that they are metal core I am not surprised that I did not care for them.  Thats not a genre I care for.  I may take another quick listen (even though I said I would not) to a bit more of their stuff.  I am a glutton for punishment I guess.

Blind Guardian, I have been listening to a lot of their concerts on youtube and I keep asking how I missed out on them.  If they ever come back to this side of the pond I will try to see them.  Their most recent album I was not crazy about but most of their other stuff I just like more and more.

• Like 1

Worked at home this AM (took the PM off to start the holiday early) so that meant I fired up the record player and whatever came out of the moving box's go listened to.  First out:

The soundtrack to The Lord of The Rings.  No, this is not the soundtrack to the Peter Jackson movie.  This is the soundtrack to the 1978 animated movie that ends with the battle of Helms Deep.  Don't know how many out there even remember this movie.   I saw this movie in the theaters twice and my only regret is that they never made a squeal.  I had seen an animated TV version of The Hobbit the year before and that got me to read The Hobbit plus the works of Lloyd Alexander & C.S. Lewis.  This movie got me reading (at the age of 12) the LOTR's, The Sillmarilion and on and on in the fantasy genre.  Still love this soundtrack.

Next out of the moving box:

The soundtrack to Star Wars.  Excellent.

Guess it was soundtrack morning.

Of the 2 I actually prefer the soundtrack to The Lord of The Rings but I will admit that I may be biased as I prefer fantasy to sci-fi.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

Thanks a lot.  Given that they are metal core I am not surprised that I did not care for them.  Thats not a genre I care for.  I may take another quick listen (even though I said I would not) to a bit more of their stuff.  I am a glutton for punishment I guess.

Blind Guardian, I have been listening to a lot of their concerts on youtube and I keep asking how I missed out on them.  If they ever come back to this side of the pond I will try to see them.  Their most recent album I was not crazy about but most of their other stuff I just like more and more.

You and me both. When I came to Blind Guardian a couple of years ago, I was kicking myself for never checking them out before! I saw the same, knew they were beloved, assumed it wouldn't be for me. Same with Rhapsody Of Fire (another band no one could accuse you of not giving a fair shake!). Love both immensely. 

BG have great live shows, even if they did look like a group of dad's down the pub!

As for metalcore, loved it as a kid. Picky now. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

Worked at home this AM (took the PM off to start the holiday early) so that meant I fired up the record player and whatever came out of the moving box's go listened to.  First out:

The soundtrack to The Lord of The Rings.  No, this is not the soundtrack to the Peter Jackson movie.  This is the soundtrack to the 1978 animated movie that ends with the battle of Helms Deep.  Don't know how many out there even remember this movie.   I saw this movie in the theaters twice and my only regret is that they never made a squeal.  I had seen an animated TV version of The Hobbit the year before and that got me to read The Hobbit plus the works of Lloyd Alexander & C.S. Lewis.  This movie got me reading (at the age of 12) the LOTR's, The Sillmarilion and on and on in the fantasy genre.  Still love this soundtrack.

Next out of the moving box:

The soundtrack to Star Wars.  Excellent.

Guess it was soundtrack morning.

Of the 2 I actually prefer the soundtrack to The Lord of The Rings but I will admit that I may be biased as I prefer fantasy to sci-fi.

I love the Lord Of The Rings animation! Shame it was never finished. I enjoy a lot of that directors work, especially this and Fire and Ice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

You and me both. When I came to Blind Guardian a couple of years ago, I was kicking myself for never checking them out before! I saw the same, knew they were beloved, assumed it wouldn't be for me. Same with Rhapsody Of Fire (another band no one could accuse you of not giving a fair shake!). Love both immensely. 

BG have great live shows, even if they did look like a group of dad's down the pub!

As for metalcore, loved it as a kid. Picky now. 

You have a good memory to remember that I tried at least 3 Rhapsody  / Rhapsody of Fire albums before giving up on them.

Since I am a glutton for punishment I tried one more A7 album - The Stage.  Barely got though a couple of songs and gave up.  

Major difference between them and Rhapsody of Fire.  Rhapsody of Fire, I could at least listen to the albums, even if I did not care for them  A7, the more I listened, the less I could listen.  I went from a full album, to a half album, to only a couple of songs.

LOL point about BG but true.  Although I would add that Hansi looks like he could be a dad at the pub who is actually an IT worker who had a business casual meeting that day.  Good thing about him is that I just saw an interview with him in which he said that if his voice holds out he can see himself still recording and touring when he is 75.  Given that he is my age (57) that means we might have a lot more BG to look forward to.  Lets hope he keep on drinking whatever tea Rob Halford has been drinking.  I saw Priest last fall and his voice is still holing out and he is in his early 70's.

I don't know if you remember but you suggested I try Stratovarius and Dragonland.  Both are on my list but I kept getting off the list with all the odd folk metal I keep finding.  Well, you were right about Stratovaius.  Based on the one album I finally got to try they are my cup of tea and I need to explore them more.

Have an awesome rest of the day.

• Like 2

Blur - Leisure

Screaming Trees - Sweet Oblivion

Winery Dogs - III

Lacuna Coil - Dark Anima

Of these none were 10/10 perfection, but I enjoyed Lacuna Coil and Screaming Trees the most here. ST for the warmth of their sound mixed with the goodness of their melodies, and LC for the bombast and daring. I imagine they have better stuff I should check out.

16 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Blur - Leisure

Winery Dogs - III

Lacuna Coil - Dark Anima

Of these none were 10/10 perfection, but I enjoyed Lacuna Coil and Screaming Trees the most here. ST for the warmth of their sound mixed with the goodness of their melodies, and LC for the bombast and daring. I imagine they have better stuff I should check out.

Check out Broken Crown Halo from Lacuna Coil. For me, everything the band does well came together perfectly on it. I think the album is good for a new fan. It has an accessibility to it but it's still very much gives you what makes the band great. Cristina and Andrea's best vocal performances too. If you're in the mood for something more daring from them after that then definitely try Delirium.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Blur - Leisure

Winery Dogs - III

Lacuna Coil - Dark Anima

Oh did you mean Black Anima? Or Dark Adrenaline? Lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Check out Broken Crown Halo from Lacuna Coil. For me, everything the band does well came together perfectly on it. I think the album is good for a new fan. It has an accessibility to it but it's still very much gives you what makes the band great. Cristina and Andrea's best vocal performances too. If you're in the mood for something more daring from them after that then definitely try Delirium.

BCH is absolutely breath-taking.