Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

I hope Tatiana's growling doesn't scare fans of those two bands too much 😄

I know lmao! I feel the same about Spiritbox opening for Shinedown and Papa Roach this summer.

• Like 1

Porcupine Tree - Closure/Continuation
Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused to Sing (And Other Stories)
Pearl Jam - Gigaton
Queens of the Stone Age - In Times New Roman

Entheos - Time Will Take Us All

Opeth - Morningrise 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Super25Smasher said:

I know lmao! I feel the same about Spiritbox opening for Shinedown and Papa Roach this summer.

Oh, I forgot about that. I think Courtney is definitely going to scare that fanbase. Open the show with Holy Roller and watch everyone go "WHAT THE f**k?! 😄

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Oh, I forgot about that. I think Courtney is definitely going to scare that fanbase. Open the show with Holy Roller and watch everyone go "WHAT THE f**k?! 😄

I remember my jaw dropping when I first heard the breakdown on Blessed Be.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Super25Smasher said:

I remember my jaw dropping when I first heard the breakdown on Blessed Be.

It's funny how I'm able to sing along with the song just fine until that part. Then when it hits I'm all "nope, can't do that" 😄

That might be my favorite song from them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J2112YYZ said:

It's funny how I'm able to sing along with the song just fine until that part. Then when it hits I'm all "nope, can't do that" 😄

That might be my favorite song from them.

I think it's mine too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

Rush - Moving Pictures.  Sorry folks, this is their apex.

AFTK is my favorite of course, but there’s a strong argument to be made for anything from 2112 through Signals as their peak

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

It's close between PeW-MP-Signals, so you won't get much argument from me.  I just think that MP's track's are a hair better.

Nah for me the apex is Hemispheres 😜

Very,very closely followed by 
Permanent Waves.

Moving Pictures for me, whilst still amazing, is at position No.3 👍😎

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

Rush - Moving Pictures.  Sorry folks, this is their apex.

It's flawless. It is everything that makes them great, past, present and even their future. It came out in 1981 and somehow seems to encompass their entire forty year career.

I'd even say Witch Hunt shares an intensity akin to Vapor Trails. The tunefulness and playfulness of their nineties albums is visible all over this album. Their synthetic direction is hinted at all through and manifests itself perfectly in Vital Signs. The proggy nature of their early days is apparent hear, expertly represented in short songs that leave us wanting for nothing.

Moving Pictures is the most Rush heavy Rush album, it's just beyond all words perfect. It was my first Rush album but wasn't truly my favourite until recently. 

It's just flawless and in my honest opinion is second to nothing.

They have many great albums, but this is the only one that captures everything they do perfectly.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

It's flawless. It is everything that makes them great, past, present and even their future. It came out in 1981 and somehow seems to encompass their entire forty year career.

I'd even say Witch Hunt shares an intensity akin to Vapor Trails. The tunefulness and playfulness of their nineties albums is visible all over this album. Their synthetic direction is hinted at all through and manifests itself perfectly in Vital Signs. The proggy nature of their early days is apparent hear, expertly represented in short songs that leave us wanting for nothing.

Moving Pictures is the most Rush heavy Rush album, it's just beyond all words perfect. It was my first Rush album but wasn't truly my favourite until recently. 

It's just flawless and in my honest opinion is second to nothing.

They have many great albums, but this is the only one that captures everything they do perfectly.

I've always loved Witch Hunt.  I remember when MP came out I spent a year wondering how I missed Fear parts 1 and 2, since I owned all of their albums to date.  It wasn't until Signals came out that I figured it out.  Sadly, I was also too stupid to understand that Neil's reference to, "the haunted child," opening meant the bells.  I kept turning up my record player trying to hear ghostly children.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

I've always loved Witch Hunt.  I remember when MP came out I spent a year wondering how I missed Fear parts 1 and 2, since I owned all of their albums to date.  It wasn't until Signals came out that I figured it out.  Sadly, I was also too stupid to understand that Neil's reference to, "the haunted child," opening meant the bells.  I kept turning up my record player trying to hear ghostly children.

I adore Witch Hunt too. I think it has merit to be cited an inspiration for the gothic metal bands of two decades later. Rich in atmosphere and darkness.

And it's a stretch but it always sounds to my ears close like what The Cure did on Disintegration. 

• Like 3

Rush - Presto ‘89 (8/10) 

my Fav tracks being .. 

️ Show Don’t Tell

Chain Lightning ( for the 🎸solo )

Presto ( title track ) has grown on me over the years 

Superconductor - for the riff & silly video 🙃

• Like 9

Forgot one from yesterday:

Kesha - Gag Order (Live Acoustic EP From Space)

EP, I'd highly recommend this.

17 minutes ago, Super25Smasher said:

Forgot one from yesterday:

Kesha - Gag Order (Live Acoustic EP From Space)

EP, I'd highly recommend this.

Huh, I’ll check it out. Not sure what to expect….

• Like 1