facts of truth - if you dont like paul dianno, youre a poser

bathory

4 hours ago, BastillePark said:

You can't convince me that Mariel Hemingway didn't have a long lost twin brother in an obscure new wave punk band.  I can't unsee it.  Also, for a video that was made in 1986 judging by the marquee of Wildcats and Gung Ho, this looks more like something from the early 80s.  This would be perfect for Beavis and Butthead to make fun of.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, invisible airwave said:

You can't convince me that Mariel Hemingway didn't have a long lost twin brother in an obscure new wave punk band.  I can't unsee it.  Also, for a video that was made in 1986 judging by the marquee of Wildcats and Gung Ho, this looks more like something from the early 80s.  This would be perfect for Beavis and Butthead to make fun of.

college music

Edited by taurus
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, invisible airwave said:

Astute observation - yes it's a mid-eighties release but it looking like it comes from the early eighties, well that's the Canadian factor. Canadian popular culture (music/movies) is often funded by government grants/programs. There's no big media companies actively trying to produce the next great thing. So our government funded stuff are 2 ends of the scale - either entirely uncommercial, artsy/experimental things or some derivative pseudo-American or British thing.  If a film maker or band doesn't have an American deal going on, they use these programs, and the whole process slows down, so aesthetically we're often influenced by what is already established hence all our films and videos are about 2-4 years behind the current wave. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, taurus said:

Astute observation - yes it's a mid-eighties release but it looking like it comes from the early eighties, well that's the Canadian factor. Canadian popular culture (music/movies) is often funded by government grants/programs. There's no big media companies actively trying to produce the next great thing. So our government funded stuff are 2 ends of the scale - either entirely uncommercial, artsy/experimental things or some derivative pseudo-American or British thing.  If a film maker or band doesn't have an American deal going on, they use these programs, and the whole process slows down, so aesthetically we're often influenced by what is already established hence all our films and videos are about 2-4 years behind the current wave. 

Just reminded me of this hilarious joke by Tom Servo on the MST3K episode of Zombie Nightmare with Adam West which takes place in Canada and same year.  You're on to something here.

"This is either America 10 years ago or Canada today. " :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He was a decent singer who was fortunate enough to have a song writer like Steve Harris compose just about every song he recorded with the band. He contributed very little and continued that throughout all his post Maiden projects. Perhaps if he wasn't such a miserable and unlikable prick he could have done something after Maiden but he wasn't talented or original enough where people could let him being an asshat slide.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

On 12/28/2022 at 12:34 AM, bathory said:

thanks for gaying up my thread, everyone

Homophobic t**t. Reminds me why I hate seeing you post.

• Like 2

On 12/28/2022 at 9:12 PM, J2112YYZ said:

He was a decent singer who was fortunate enough to have a song writer like Steve Harris compose just about every song he recorded with the band. He contributed very little and continued that throughout all his post Maiden projects. Perhaps if he wasn't such a miserable and unlikable prick he could have done something after Maiden but he wasn't talented or original enough where people could let him being an asshat slide.

His Wikipedia page reads like loser.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Di'Anno#Iron_Maiden_(1978–1981)

On 12/28/2022 at 9:12 PM, J2112YYZ said:

Iron Maiden and Killers are as good as anything Maiden ever released IMO. Was it Di'Anno?  The songs?  Tough to say.  The first few Dickinson albums are just as good, so maybe it was the songs.

• Like 2

On 12/27/2022 at 4:34 PM, bathory said:

thanks for gaying up my thread, everyone

You prove the stereotype true of those who boast loudly about how straight and alpha they are, really aren't.  Sure, Jan, er, Nick Adams.  Whatever helps you sleep better at night while we live rent free in your head. :laugh:

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 2