What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

QUOTE (TullSkull @ Dec 7 2010, 12:24 PM)
Looks as tho I will not make a Rush show in 2011 rage.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif moon.gif

facepalm.gif

sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

Traffic has sucked for the past two days due to five-alarm fires in the city angry.gif

My kids are sick AGIAN............................ 1287.gif

The %$&*# heating element in the $#&*$^ clothes dryer burned out. And I have a load in the washer in addition to the half-dried pile in the dryer.

Looks like we're hitting the Scratch & Dent appliance shop tomorrow.

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Dec 7 2010, 07:54 PM)
QUOTE (TullSkull @ Dec 7 2010, 11:24 AM)
Looks as tho I will not make a Rush show in 2011  rage.gif  new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif moon.gif 

facepalm.gif

I'm waiting for the June dates, but it doesn't look promising.

Just get with in 400 miles and I might be able too.. But that done look good.. sad.gif

My mom called me to inform me her doctor sent her to the ER thinking she was having mini-heart attacks (since she is in congestive heart failure). Thankfully, she wasn't, but she's spending the night in the hospital with further tests. They think it's an electrical misfiring or a blockage.

I also think I need a brain transplant. Like. Now.

This girl I have classes with at my school (and have actually gotten to know somewhat well the past four years) is getting national recognition... and I find it terribly annoying.

She's a great person, yes. She started a beauty pageant for disabled and mentally ill girls, yes. That's all wonderful. But she gets to go to L.A. and New York and wins about a thousand awards? And then comes back to school and brags to me about getting Chris Pine's arm around her shoulder? (And this girl knows I love Star Trek more than life.) I'm sorry, she's a nice girl and all, but she got to be on freaking national television tonight. There are a lot, lot, LOT of amazing volunteers and people our age working for great causes. And what do they get? Induction in National Honors Society? Maybe a piece of paper and a cord at graduation?

I guess I'm not really mad with her (aside from the Chris Pine part, lol) as I am with society in general. Where's the recognition for the people that go off and make a difference, but maybe don't get it out there and make a big deal about it? What she's doing is wonderful, but is it really all that more special that what other people have done day in and day out, too?

I guess it's just my jealousy speaking...

Edit: Oh, oh, and it gets worse! I heard a rumour that (A) NU's quarterback, the redshirted freshman Taylor Martinez, might be transferring to a Cali school. I know he had a bad night at the Big XII championship but that's no excuse for cowardice! And (B), also heard a rumour that Coach Bo Pelini has been "in talks" with the Florida recruiting people. He can't leave us!!! We need him!!!!

Edited by CMWriter

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Dec 11 2010, 12:56 AM)
This girl I have classes with at my school (and have actually gotten to know somewhat well the past four years) is getting national recognition... and I find it terribly annoying.
She's a great person, yes. She started a beauty pageant for disabled and mentally ill girls, yes. That's all wonderful. But she gets to go to L.A. and New York and wins about a thousand awards? And then comes back to school and brags to me about getting Chris Pine's arm around her shoulder? (And this girl knows I love Star Trek more than life.) I'm sorry, she's a nice girl and all, but she got to be on freaking national television tonight. There are a lot, lot, LOT of amazing volunteers and people our age working for great causes. And what do they get? Induction in National Honors Society? Maybe a piece of paper and a cord at graduation?
I guess I'm not really mad with her (aside from the Chris Pine part, lol) as I am with society in general. Where's the recognition for the people that go off and make a difference, but maybe don't get it out there and make a big deal about it? What she's doing is wonderful, but is it really all that more special that what other people have done day in and day out, too?

Edit: Oh, oh, and it gets worse! I heard a rumour that (A) NU's quarterback, the redshirted freshman Taylor Martinez, might be transferring to a Cali school. I know he had a bad night at the Big XII championship but that's no excuse for cowardice! And (cool.gif, also heard a rumour that Coach Bo Pelini has been "in talks" with the Florida recruiting people. He can't leave us!!! We need him!!!!

Been there on the jealousy thing - both in high school and professionally.

I think everyone has. If nothinng else, being aware of the fact that you're jealous can be a reminder/motivator to refocus on your own performance. (I'm not saying you don't work hard - what little I know of you indicates exactly the opposite).

Everyone's talents are different. Somewhere there's probably someone who wishes they had your writing skills.

Oh - and the girl I was always jealous of in high school, who always seemed to have everything land in her favor? Saw her recently. Let's just say things have evened out considerably. wink.gif (Plus she hasn't aged well AT ALL. Yeah, call me catty. I admit it).

QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 11 2010, 01:17 AM)

Edit: Oh, oh, and it gets worse! I heard a rumour that (A) NU's quarterback, the redshirted freshman Taylor Martinez, might be transferring to a Cali school. I know he had a bad night at the Big XII championship but that's no excuse for cowardice! And (cool.gif, also heard a rumour that Coach Bo Pelini has been "in talks" with the Florida recruiting people. He can't leave us!!! We need him!!!!

I think everyone has. If nothinng else, being aware of the fact that you're jealous can be a reminder/motivator to refocus on your own performance. (I'm not saying you don't work hard - what little I know of you indicates exactly the opposite).

Everyone's talents are different. Somewhere there's probably someone who wishes they had your writing skills.

Oh - and the girl I was always jealous of in high school, who always seemed to have everything land in her favor? Saw her recently. Let's just say things have evened out considerably. wink.gif (Plus she hasn't aged well AT ALL. Yeah, call me catty. I admit it).

you're catty cat.gif

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Dec 11 2010, 01:25 AM)

you're catty cat.gif

rofl3.gif

ee-Yup.

Hey, I've heard more than a few men smugly point out that a former high school rival has gone bald/gained a few spare tires/is living under the overpass. Same thing.

I was driving, it was dark, the road was wet, and the traffic was heavy. I try to leave just a little more space between myself and the person in front of me but some idiot decided that there was room to squeeze into. Had the person in front of him had to stop quickly he would have hit the person in front of him and I would have hit him from the back and probably gotten a ticket.

It was bound to happen sooner or later but...about 15 - 20 mins ago, I was heading down to our basement with socks on and I ended up slipping and sliding down the last 3 steps hurting my tailbone...it was a pretty hard fall but I dont think I broke it. I also ended up bruising my right arm pretty good and my left elbow.....damn them socks....damn them steps!

QUOTE (Fordgalaxy @ Dec 11 2010, 12:51 AM)
I was driving, it was dark, the road was wet, and the traffic was heavy. I try to leave just a little more space between myself and the person in front of me but some idiot decided that there was room to squeeze into. Had the person in front of him had to stop quickly he would have hit the person in front of him and I would have hit him from the back and probably gotten a ticket.

it was your lucky day. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Dec 11 2010, 12:25 AM)

you're catty cat.gif

rofl3.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif Another reason I am friends with dudes. wink.gif

Well, they think my Mom has tumors on her pituitary gland. It's been a rough twenty-four hours. sad.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 10 2010, 11:17 PM)

Thanks. ♥

I really don't know though. I rarely get jealous of people because I know everyone has their strengths. I guess I just see the world of charity a little differently than other people. I believe in helping as many people as you can, though I do at the same time recognize her side of it; doing something (if only for a few people) that makes a big difference in someone's life.

And ha, my writing. I've felt like the writer in "Losing It" lately. I have an unfinished novel sitting in a Word document and I haven't touched it except for a little bit of editing. (Which would be what upset me today. Being unproductive or suffering from Writer's Block = I WILL KILL THE NEXT CHARACTER I WRITE ABOUT. /raaaaage)

Eh, we're ladies. We get catty at times. I try not to, but sometimes people just get under your skin and... ERGH.

QUOTE (Garbo)
Well, they think my Mom has tumors on her pituitary gland. It's been a rough twenty-four hours.

Oh no! D: Here I am whining about my issues with a girl at school...

My prayers for your mom... Let's hope at least if it is what they think, then it can be taken care of. Modern medicine's saved my whole family countless times. But I'll keep her in my thoughts for sure.

Edited by CMWriter

Not today, Friday. Fourth paycheck (so two months) I haven't gotten my raise, despite all the promises of "oh yeah, you'll get it ASAP, and of course it'll be retro". Really wanted the money to help buy Christmas gifts and go on vacation this week, and pay for Rush tickets for next year.

And of course, my health insurance costs are going up hugely next year (way more than my raise, should I ever even get it). And because we're switching to a different plan, we have to re-enroll. I have no idea how to fill out the form, and the person I have to ask is the woman who won't give me my raise.

I'm also freaking that the deadline we have to have it in by might be this week while I'm on vacation. So, I may well have to spend a good chunk of my time off going in anyway to get this straightened out (and probably getting nowhere).

What a lovely vacation this is turning out to be.

But compared to what you all are dealing with, I should shut it. I hope everything goes as well as possible for all of you.