What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

My coworker who is also a good friend, threw me under the bus at work for texting too much when she went off on me about not helping my customers when I'm on my weekend. She told me that I would no longer get credit for them if they call and I'm not at work.

Not her place to say that at all. She's not the manager. She's not even a superior. She was pissed at me because she handed me her cousins phone number to call her after 3:30. I got so busy with customers in the office actually buying auto policies that I wasn't finished until 6 pm when I had to leave as I had a very important appointment after work. The customers came in at 2:45 pm.

The next day, it was my saturday, she asked me if I had a chance to get to her cousin. I told her what I just said ^^^ up there, and she got pissed at me and then said she was going to give her to someone else. Then sent me that text saying I wasn't going to get credit for my customers on my days off. We all help each other out here. If my colleagues costumers call on their days off, I set them up! It's common courtesy.

She blamed it on being frustrating at work and then told my boss that I spend way too much time texting. My texting is work related with customers texting me for quotes and such. She's texting personal stuff way more than I'm even texting.

I'm f***ing pissed. Good girl friends aren't ever worth it evidently. f**k them. My last one tried to break up Eric and I several times and is going around trying to be me. She dresses like me, wears the same clothes, perfumes. She even changed her hair cut and color to mine and has tried to pick up the same hobbies. She's f***ing creepy. This one, after 2.5 years of holding off on having any close friends at all, has turned into a snot and tried to get my ass in trouble.

f**k them all. All of them. Online friends are way better. If I need to do anything with anyone, it will be my kids or Eric. I prefer to be alone anyway.

A woman that looked like this

http://charactershighschool.pbworks.com/f/1209389516/2079118961_08150e7b12_m.jpg

came into my work today and it kind of upset me. Like there is no good reason to do that to your hair, ladies, just stop.

Why?

Just why?

• Like 3

http://charactershighschool.pbworks.com/f/1209389516/2079118961_08150e7b12_m.jpg

came into my work today and it kind of upset me. Like there is no good reason to do that to your hair, ladies, just stop.

Why?

Just why?

Did she have that same smile?

Got my thumb stuck in a car door. I was drunk but it still hurt like hell. Now that I'm sober it hurts even more! I hate that kind of throbbing pain :scared:

It sucks when you can feel your heartbeat through your thumb. Yowza!.... :(
  • Like 1

Why?

Just why?

Was she a Vulcan?

• Like 2

I put a cd in my Macbook and it won't recognize the drive so I need to restart to get it to eject. Has happened a couple of times now. Damn it!

Every PC I've ever seen has a small hole where you can insert a paper clip to force the drive open manually. Can't say I've ever looked on a Mac since I rarely use them. Look for a (tiny) hole.

Why?

Just why?

Was she a Vulcan?

I don't believe so, sir.....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_nvyrKgA2_dg/Sg19BZbmUAI/AAAAAAAAAU8/c5eMo_i_ISI/s400/valeris.jpg

• Like 1

Wouldn't say "pissed me off" - but it made me sad and happy.... Found out my barber is retiring at the end of this week. Moving to AZ. I have been seeing him for 10 years now. We because friends and he was an Army Vet. I made a point to call him every Veterans Day and thank him for his service. Man the stories he had. I am really going to miss him, but I am happy that he will get to relax with his wife, playing golf as much as desired.

I think I am going to get him a gift of some sort - golf related.

• Like 1

Well my teeth are in extreme pain since I visited the orthodontist this morning, thus making it impossible for me to progress on the six scales I have to record and turn in as an assignment, my history teacher decided to "remind me" (He never told me) that I need all of my maps I've sketched throughout the year turned in in atlas format by Thursday without giving me directions that I don't have for the ones I threw out (a large percentage), I have a test tomorrow in Algebra II, yet I missed the period altogether and even copying someone else's review, my wench of a teacher decided to make the students do the problems that I conveniently don't understand, and the ones she reviewed were the incredibly easy ones. Terrible day.

My 2011 Macbook Pro is no a very expensive paperweight! Seems like it is the graphics card that's the culprit because of overheating. And of course it's just shy of a month out of warranty.

A search on Google will reveal that it's a well known problem, and a design flaw. Only Apple doesn't seem to know although I suspect they don't care. They did do a recall on some iMacs with the same graphics card, and they don't use them on their new line of MacBooks.

I use my computer for "working" and searching for jobs. Now I feel really cripled. Buying a new one is too risky given their quality control is completely bonkers. Besides I don't have any money.

So, I'm feeling really depressed these days.

Yesterday I came back to work after caring for my uncle after his surgery; about halfway through my shift a guest came in and asked me to take pictures of him and his partner, when I walked out to where she was I realized that she was dressed to get married and so I gave them a big smile and my congratulations and started to ask them about where they were getting married. We didn't know they would be getting married or on their honeymoon because they didn't notify us when the reservation was made or after so that we could have prepared the room for them with a gift and a card. I even did my best to take good wedding pictures of them with their super-shitty cheap pocket camera and took more than they asked and from all of these different angles and then they were on their way.

Cut to this morning, it's Saturday and we are super busy during breakfast time, which ends at 10:00, well, the newlyweds walk in around 9:50 for breakfast so we're almost out of a lot of things and my housekeeper and I are in the kitchen busting our asses off to boil more water for the tea, make yogurt parfaits, set more fruit out, etc... This makes the new wife a tiny bit pissy but whatever. Then a little while afterwards while we're cleaning up her new husband comes in with their stupid little unity sand vase and wants me to wrap it up to keep it safe for traveling, so I help him with that. He is very friendly and gives me his thanks, I ask him how everything was and he says it was good, then he checks out and leaves. Well a few minutes later I'm checking-out another guest and he comes back in with a comment card, which totally trashes the hotel, our service, our breakfast (he has a bitch fit on the comment card because we don't serve ham and sausage - dude, it's a continental breakfast, not a hot breakfast, and we never claim that it is). I don't freaking understand people. Oh, and then the genius leaves a note saying our hot tub is a joke that doesn't work, uhm, it is working just fine if you turn the damn knob on you knob. Now I have to find a way to explain this to my manager without looking like a clueless idiot making excuses.

:rage: :facepalm: :banghead:

Edited by gangsterfurious

What a pussy. The man didn't ask for help, doesn't confront anyone about his perceived lack of service or lack of value, to have the issue resolved, and then, in true passive-aggressive nature, fills out a complaint card. That kind of man needs his assistant kicked.

Got my thumb stuck in a car door. I was drunk but it still hurt like hell. Now that I'm sober it hurts even more! I hate that kind of throbbing pain :scared:

It sucks when you can feel your heartbeat through your thumb. Yowza!.... :(

I'm constantly trapping my fingers in doors - you should hear the language: it's shocking! :o :blush:

• Like 1

Ontario will be having a provincial election this Thursday. The commercials on the radio and tv, the candidates flyers, and the coverage in the news are all driving me crazy. So are all the pre-recorded phone calls I keep receiving. Worst of all, I don't care for any of the parties so I can't decide how I will vote.

The news of Rik Mayall's passing away :(

I know - I absolutely loved him as Flashheart (the Bells episode was hysterical! :P ), and as Richie in the Bottom shows and live shows.

This is what pissed me the f**k off today. It all started yesterday, when I get to work and see that some of my sales that I had were taken and put into my coworkers names. (Yes, I gave my notice a week ago, and I think this is how I'm getting repaid for that!) My boss took me up into his office and had an hour long discussion at me. I won't say with me, because he took over and hour to berate me for leaving. He told me that I'm basically self serving, self centered, selfish and that I do nothing but bring others down around me.

Today has been pretty stressful, but nothing I can't handle. I've been through way worse. I refuse to allow anyone to manipulate me through the things that are important to me. I refuse to allow anyone to try and make me feel horrible for the choices I make for the betterment of my family. I refuse to allow anyone to try and make me feel badly for anything anymore. They can insult me all they want: telling me that I'm a horrible person, that I'm unreliable, that I won't be successful in my new job, that I'm never going to be happy, that I do nothing but bring people down and that I'm self serving and self important and a generally horrible person. He even tried to manipulate me by using Eric, my family, telling me that I'm unreliable, that I won't be successful at my new position (because I'm selfish and can't manage a team, even though I won't be managing a team! He also said I don't have enough experience!!!) He spent the hour putting me down, hoping to get some sort of reaction from me. (In hopes of getting me to stay...?)

Great! That's just one persons opinion. It really sucks that I thought this person was a friend, and something tells me that he's being investigated for his people leaving him all the time... I'm not even going to bother telling him how I see things. It's not worth the argument. I don't need justification for my choices and I don't need others to know I'm correct in my choices. I don't need any one's approval. I don't need it for my 'fragile self confidence' or anything else. I'm confident in my strength, my choices, and my actions. The only reason why someone would be pissed is if they were in the wrong in the first place and I've called them out on it and their ego's can't handle being wrong.

I have zero need to sit and argue with someone about my choices.

I sat there while he was insulting me and trying to get any sort of reaction out of me and I was stone faced. My eyes may have watered a little bit because I was so. f***ing. pissed. But, other than that, I didn't get upset, I didn't cry. I didn't argue. I didn't say anything.

It hurts that I've lost a good friend. But, I've lost much worse and I survived. Life moves on and people heal.

• Like 1

This is what pissed me the f**k off today. It all started yesterday, when I get to work and see that some of my sales that I had were taken and put into my coworkers names. (Yes, I gave my notice a week ago, and I think this is how I'm getting repaid for that!) My boss took me up into his office and had an hour long discussion at me. I won't say with me, because he took over and hour to berate me for leaving. He told me that I'm basically self serving, self centered, selfish and that I do nothing but bring others down around me.

Today has been pretty stressful, but nothing I can't handle. I've been through way worse. I refuse to allow anyone to manipulate me through the things that are important to me. I refuse to allow anyone to try and make me feel horrible for the choices I make for the betterment of my family. I refuse to allow anyone to try and make me feel badly for anything anymore. They can insult me all they want: telling me that I'm a horrible person, that I'm unreliable, that I won't be successful in my new job, that I'm never going to be happy, that I do nothing but bring people down and that I'm self serving and self important and a generally horrible person. He even tried to manipulate me by using Eric, my family, telling me that I'm unreliable, that I won't be successful at my new position (because I'm selfish and can't manage a team, even though I won't be managing a team! He also said I don't have enough experience!!!) He spent the hour putting me down, hoping to get some sort of reaction from me. (In hopes of getting me to stay...?)

Great! That's just one persons opinion. It really sucks that I thought this person was a friend, and something tells me that he's being investigated for his people leaving him all the time... I'm not even going to bother telling him how I see things. It's not worth the argument. I don't need justification for my choices and I don't need others to know I'm correct in my choices. I don't need any one's approval. I don't need it for my 'fragile self confidence' or anything else. I'm confident in my strength, my choices, and my actions. The only reason why someone would be pissed is if they were in the wrong in the first place and I've called them out on it and their ego's can't handle being wrong.

I have zero need to sit and argue with someone about my choices.

I sat there while he was insulting me and trying to get any sort of reaction out of me and I was stone faced. My eyes may have watered a little bit because I was so. f***ing. pissed. But, other than that, I didn't get upset, I didn't cry. I didn't argue. I didn't say anything.

It hurts that I've lost a good friend. But, I've lost much worse and I survived. Life moves on and people heal.

You know I dunno if it's because of Mercury in retrograde or whatever but I've been getting that deal from things too. I decided after yesterday's minor meltdown (yes I had one) that I'm going to stop f***ing caring about things I know are only temporary. My problem is that I take pride in everything I do because I put so much effort into everything. I've let things that I need to have in my life slip past the wayside because I never spoke up for myself when I felt I was being overworked or under challenged or under valued, taken advantage of etc... No more. I need to think of myself and my health and well being first.

I'm glad you're getting out of a toxic work environment K. Good luck :)

• Like 1