What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Oct 27 2010, 02:23 PM)
My back! Damn thing. I'm not even close to 40 and I may need back surgery.

Shit, that sucks. Makes you forget about that splinter in your finger, though, doesn't it?

Back surgery has come a long way. I know several people who've had disc-ectomies/fusion and they are as good as new, though "Olympic gymnast" probably isn't a realistic career goal.

Good luck. Maybe you won't need surgery after all.

LOL, yeah, my finger is doing ok.

I was carrying 8 pizzas yesterday for our end of season football party, and we had 70 MPH wind gusts here in Milwaukee yesterday. One of the pizzas almost went flying, I went to catch it and tweaked my back. a couple years ago I went thru the shots to reduce the disc bulge, but I think I ruined all that yesterday.

Yesterday I posted my frustration about my neighbor's dog. Well someone found a CAT on his doorstep over the weekend. It was decapitated. There are people out there doing worse things than I could even imagine. Isn't it ironic?

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/27102010/67/cal...e-doorstep.html

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Oct 27 2010, 01:34 AM)
I have two papers due tomorrow... well i guess its today now...

I've been working on them since 10am...

Looks like I might as well just not go to sleep tonight

I remember those days..

After you graduate and get "a real job", you will look back at those nights and think "how the hell did I do that!" laugh.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Oct 28 2010, 11:40 AM)
QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Oct 27 2010, 01:34 AM)
I have two papers due tomorrow... well i guess its today now...

I've been working on them since 10am...

Looks like I might as well just not go to sleep tonight

I remember those days..

After you graduate and get "a real job", you will look back at those nights and think "how the hell did I do that!" laugh.gif

Or you will think, "I MISS IT SO MUCH!" ph34r.gif

So, the tattoo really itches and I'm being very good and not touching it. I'm using lotion, but it doesn't seem to help; I even tried my mare's ultra moisturizing hoof healer, but that didn't even seem to help either (that's basically super moisturizing lotion). I'm told this is normal, but it's kind of irksome.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Oct 28 2010, 09:23 PM)
I'm doing well in all my classes except algebra. I had a 4 question test today and I'm sure I failed it. For some reason, I just can't understand any type of math.

I would do okay in Algebra 2....but sleep is a more demanding mistress than my teacher. Once I get it, I can churn it out all day, but the class is baked in terms of layout. Always in a rush to get to the next thing, massive piles of homework with no due-dates, and no-one in the class to talk to (I had a good friend there, but he moved to Las Vegas. Now THAT's luck).

I understand.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Oct 27 2010, 12:23 PM)
My back! Damn thing. I'm not even close to 40 and I may need back surgery.

Bummer at your age for sure, my back kills me 2, the L 4 and 5. I fought Wildland Fire for years and ran a damn chainsaw and at 56 I hurt...

Damn your to young for that..

All the best in getting healed man... Be Well...

I had an ultrasound of my chest /abdomen today, because I have a growth in my spleen. It wouldn't be so bad, but the ultrasound woman seemed to be having a bad day (it was her first day as well), pressing too hard against ribs, and pushing the scanner in-between ribs and all sorts.

Now, 9 hours later, my ribs are still sore.

I turned a guy down because I wasn't interested in him (he's romantic; I am not; he's stalkerish; I am not; he's not idiot; I hope I'm not). His response? "Nice guys don't like ugly girls" and "Your just messed up in the head" (the grammatical error would be his, not mine) and "you listen to muse because your dumb" (again, grammatical error would be his).

Why can't I find a mature guy? facepalm.gif

QUOTE (garbo @ Nov 2 2010, 01:39 PM)
I turned a guy down because I wasn't interested in him (he's romantic; I am not; he's stalkerish; I am not; he's not idiot; I hope I'm not). His response? "Nice guys don't like ugly girls" and "Your just messed up in the head" (the grammatical error would be his, not mine) and "you listen to muse because your dumb" (again, grammatical error would be his).

was this an exchange online? ohmy.gif

Muse because your dumb wacko.gif

How old was this dude?

QUOTE (garbo @ Nov 2 2010, 02:39 PM)

Guys are nuts fing.gif

laugh.gif

It sounds like you turned him down for a good reason though... don't let him get to you, he's not worth the trouble.

As for me...

I have another freaking paper due tomorrow, and my big end of the quarter Term Paper is due a week from thursday... I need Thankgiving break RIGHT MEOW

QUOTE (earthshine828 @ Nov 3 2010, 05:27 PM)
That my co-worker is listening to the BAD Rush....so Ive counter acted and am currently blasting GOOD RUSH!!!

I didn't think there was any such thing as 'Bad Rush'... unsure.gif confused13.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Nov 3 2010, 01:42 PM)
QUOTE (earthshine828 @ Nov 3 2010, 05:27 PM)
That my co-worker is listening to the BAD Rush....so Ive counter acted and am currently blasting GOOD RUSH!!!

I didn't think there was any such thing as 'Bad Rush'... unsure.gif confused13.gif

Bad Rush = That god aweful radio host who thinks he knows everything....