What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

Friggin' Jobcentre b*****ds! rage.gif banghead.gif

And how the crap am I supposed to go to an appointment you don't even tell me about?? angry.gif

My Facebook page.

More specifically, the "Ex" from my college days, who has a new profile picture - Her, her two young sons, and her husband rage.gif .

banghead.gif banghead.gif banghead.gif

I am so sick and tired of macho assholes at the gym. Every gym. It's universal.

You know the kind. "Look how much weight I can lift/curl/press!" They grunt and yell so everyone knows to look at them.

Then these titans wander off and leave 600 lbs loaded on the bar or the Hammer Strength machine. After all, they are weightlifting gods - it's beneath them to unload it. Besides, they're in a hurry. Got some more grunting to do.

Well, I am striking back. If the gym where I work out refuses to do anything other than post signs telling these dicks to re-rack their weights, I am dropping weight plates right where I find them. Not MY job to re-rack everyone else's shit.

Tonight I left six 45 lb plates piled on the floor next to the machine where one of the aforementioned dickheads had left them. I wanted to use the machine, but I'd have had to carry them across the floor one at a time to re-rack them. And I only needed 90 lbs on there for myself. Yes, I re-racked mine when I was done. I always do.

QUOTE (Mara @ Oct 13 2010, 08:48 PM)
I am so sick and tired of macho assholes at the gym. Every gym. It's universal.

You know the kind. "Look how much weight I can lift/curl/press!" They grunt and yell so everyone knows to look at them.

Then these titans wander off and leave 600 lbs loaded on the bar or the Hammer Strength machine. After all, they are weightlifting gods - it's beneath them to unload it. Besides, they're in a hurry. Got some more grunting to do.

Well, I am striking back. If the gym where I work out refuses to do anything other than post signs telling these dicks to re-rack their weights, I am dropping weight plates right where I find them. Not MY job to re-rack everyone else's shit.
Tonight I left six 45 lb plates piled on the floor next to the machine where one of the aforementioned dickheads had left them. I wanted to use the machine, but I'd have had to carry them across the floor one at a time to re-rack them. And I only needed 90 lbs on there for myself. Yes, I re-racked mine when I was done. I always do.

You're not thinking positively about that...

It's an extra workout and you're building functional strength. tongue.gif

My rant tonight: Injuries suck... sad.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Oct 13 2010, 08:48 PM)
I am so sick and tired of macho assholes at the gym.  Every gym.  It's universal.

You know the kind.  "Look how much weight I can lift/curl/press!"  They grunt and yell so everyone knows to look at them. 

Then these titans wander off and leave 600 lbs loaded on the bar or the Hammer Strength machine.  After all, they are weightlifting gods - it's beneath them to unload it.  Besides, they're in a hurry.  Got some more grunting to do.

Well, I am striking back.  If the gym where I work out refuses to do anything other than post signs telling these dicks to re-rack their weights, I am dropping weight plates right where I find them.  Not MY job to re-rack everyone else's shit.
Tonight I left six 45 lb plates piled on the floor next to the machine where one of the aforementioned dickheads had left them.  I wanted to use the machine, but I'd have had to carry them across the floor one at a time to re-rack them.  And I only needed 90 lbs on there for myself. Yes, I re-racked mine when I was done.  I always do.

they don't realize how ridiculous they look and it makes there heads look small not to mention most of them have chicken legs and look disproportionate. i stopped going to gyms and started using weight bands, light weights, calisthenics, walking, and biking which i enjoy more than when i went to the gym where you would have to deal with meatheads and listen to crap music. i really hated going to the gym but i enjoy doing stuff on the outside.

Edited by ReflectedLight

QUOTE (Mara @ Oct 14 2010, 10:48 AM)
I am so sick and tired of macho assholes at the gym.  Every gym.  It's universal.

You know the kind.  "Look how much weight I can lift/curl/press!"  They grunt and yell so everyone knows to look at them. 

Then these titans wander off and leave 600 lbs loaded on the bar or the Hammer Strength machine.  After all, they are weightlifting gods - it's beneath them to unload it.  Besides, they're in a hurry.  Got some more grunting to do.

Well, I am striking back.  If the gym where I work out refuses to do anything other than post signs telling these dicks to re-rack their weights, I am dropping weight plates right where I find them.  Not MY job to re-rack everyone else's shit.
Tonight I left six 45 lb plates piled on the floor next to the machine where one of the aforementioned dickheads had left them.  I wanted to use the machine, but I'd have had to carry them across the floor one at a time to re-rack them.  And I only needed 90 lbs on there for myself. Yes, I re-racked mine when I was done.  I always do.

Don't let it piss you off too much. They're more laughable than anger worthy. Likely, they've got small johnsons and are actually screaming their frustration while military pressing 400 pounds.

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Oct 13 2010, 09:16 PM)
45 minutes of a packed bus ride home with a screaming child the entire way. Seriously, parents...I understand you can't stop the screaming, but you CAN stop it from driving the rest of us completely insane. Get off the damn bus.

And what, walk home? Take a taxi that maybe they can't afford?

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Oct 14 2010, 09:42 AM)
45 minutes of a packed bus ride home with a screaming child the entire way. Seriously, parents...I understand you can't stop the screaming, but you CAN stop it from driving the rest of us completely insane. Get off the damn bus.

Gotta agree with you here, GG. As much as the screaming would grate on my last nerve, sometimes there's nothing to be done. I'm sure the parent is worn thin and embarrassed to boot.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Oct 14 2010, 08:42 AM)

I have to say that as a bus / train commuter for 20+ years, I have a new perspective on screaming children thanks to GG. Sometimes there is more to the story than meets the eye...

Mara and Natch,

Thanks for what you posted. I realize that I can sometimes come across as kind of short-tempered when it comes to stuff like this, but I've experienced it so many times I just can't be silent.

Yes, a screaming child grates on everyone's nerves. But at least, for the bystanders, eventually they'll go home and it'll be over. In a sense, it's never over for the parents.

This screaming child, in invisi's case, may not have had any "issues," but yeah...I guess a little perspective and some Zen-like "this too shall pass" would help those annoyed by stuff like this.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Oct 14 2010, 09:50 AM)
Mara and Natch,

Thanks for what you posted.  I realize that I can sometimes come across as kind of short-tempered when it comes to stuff like this, but I've experienced it so many times I just can't be silent.

Yes, a screaming child grates on everyone's nerves.  But at least, for the bystanders, eventually they'll go home and it'll be over.  In a sense, it's never over for the parents.

This screaming child, in invisi's case, may not have had any "issues," but yeah...I guess a little perspective and some Zen-like "this too shall pass" would help those annoyed by stuff like this.

You? Short tempered? Naaah laugh.gif

Seriously though, I don't think anyone who knows you can say one word about how you react to things. As they say, before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes....

...that way, when he gets angry, he'll be a mile away...and barefoot. laugh.gif

OK, you know who you are, and you've slightly dissapointed me by sending me a chain letter.

Please, anyone who reads this and has my e-mail address, leave me off the list if you're sending a chain letter.

eyesre4.gif

Not for me, but someone very close to me is suffering badly and it's wearing me down...

I'm supposed to be the one who sorts/fixes things, but what do you do when things keep going wrong faster than you can deal with them?

Oh well, moan over....time to go and do something about it instead of whinging. yes.gif