Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

2 hours ago, Mr. Not said:

dark-moor-the-hall-of-the-olden-dreams-C

dark-moor-the-gates-of-oblivion-cover-ar

AKA the only two albums by them i really listen to

it's a shame how quickly this band went downhill, but it's all simply due to a line-up change. why replace a female vocalist with a male? doesn't make sense to me, especially considering the guy who replaced Elisa doesn't have a close enough vocal range. i honestly had the misconception that the lead guitarist of the band took over lead vocals when she left, that's how mediocre it is :/

the songwriting for the following albums also shift, the softer songs lose all sense of mysticism without Elisa, and a lot of the more energetic songs slow down and become heavier instead, especially during the verses. the greatest strength of this band is Enrik's neoclassical guitar playing imo, but without the correct vox to compliment the compositions the entire band loses it's magic and falls apart.

Never heard of them but the cover art suggests I'd love them

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr. Not said:

dark-moor-the-hall-of-the-olden-dreams-C

dark-moor-the-gates-of-oblivion-cover-ar

AKA the only two albums by them i really listen to

it's a shame how quickly this band went downhill, but it's all simply due to a line-up change. why replace a female vocalist with a male? doesn't make sense to me, especially considering the guy who replaced Elisa doesn't have a close enough vocal range. i honestly had the misconception that the lead guitarist of the band took over lead vocals when she left, that's how mediocre it is :/

the songwriting for the following albums also shift, the softer songs lose all sense of mysticism without Elisa, and a lot of the more energetic songs slow down and become heavier instead, especially during the verses. the greatest strength of this band is Enrik's neoclassical guitar playing imo, but without the correct vox to compliment the compositions the entire band loses it's magic and falls apart.

Does it really matter how quickly a band went downhill when nobody knows who they are in the first place 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Does it really matter how quickly a band went downhill when nobody knows who they are in the first place 😄

i'd say they get a reasonable amount of praise within their niche, but i also think if they kept with Elisa they could have seen more mainstream success in the long run - not quite like nightwish (darker symphonies seems to have a wider appeal) but who knows. 

Blink-182 - Blink-182

I've only heard two of their records and a few singles off some of the others, but between this and Enema, the self-titled/untitled one is getting my vote every time. My favorite things about Enema tend to be the slightly more symphonic moments and the slightly more sincere lyrics, though it's a great record in its own right and shouldn't be changed. But this one... I did not think the guys who wrote Anthem had this in them, and I love that song.  From what I've read Blink don't have another album like this, and though I do like their new reunion song, it's not indicative of them returning to this sound. Probably better off, I doubt they could top it. This sits in the same pantheon as Three Cheers, From Under The Cork Tree, Brand New Eyes, and Pretty Odd for me.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Your thoughts on the new Alter Bridge? I like it quite a bit.

I am really enjoying it. A very solid album which grows every time I listen to it.

I sometimes forget just how good a band Alter Bridge are!

• Like 1

Alter Bridge- Pawns And Kings 

Not one song to skip for me. It's fourth on my list of AB albums, with Fortress, ABIII and The Last Hero jumping ahead. It needs time to settle before I decide if I love it more than TLH, it's looking likely, but at the moment it still has that delightful "new album" appeal.

• Like 2

Door One by David Longdon: Amazon.co.uk: CDs & Vinyl

Posthumous solo album from singer from Big Big Train.

Beautiful but bittersweet given the tragic circumstances of his death.

The Cult: Under the midnight sun

I am enjoying this album a lot.

Lights Out (UFO album) - Wikipedia

Released when UFO were at the pinnacle of their success. Glory days!

• Like 2

• The topic was locked