Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

30 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

This Is War, Dead Among The Living, Sin After Sin, Fable Of The Silent Son and the title track are my favorites. What about you?

So far the entire album stands out.

I admit defeat, Stay has lessened now the "new album scent" has worn off. I enjoyed it's change of pace, but now the album has calmed down in terms of my excitement, it's actually really low quality Tremonti.

This Is War, Holiday (I don't even know why I love this song) and Fable stand out.

Alter Bridge- One Day Remains 

I've always been a fan of this album. It has aged so well! I know the band was 3/4 Creed, and Creed was by then a super popular and established band, but this album STILL feels like a debut, with a lot of promise. 

Alter Bridge- Blackbird 

Back in the day I rated this album low. Whilst it's not my favourite as it is many other fans, I've come to really love this record. 

Alter Bridge- III 

I struggle to know if this is my favourite album, or if it is Fortress. What I do know is that regardless, this is absolutely one of my all time favourite albums. Possibly top twenty. 

• Like 1

Taylor Swift-Midnights (6/10)

i'm just not feeling this.  everything on here screams recycled and been there donne that. even her melody lines and the sassy talk sing thing she does (low key hate that now) sound re-used.

in another universe this sounds like Lover's followup.  But.......folklore and evermore happened.  so this is kinda like a regression.

this is essentially Lover the cliffnotes version.

it's a boring album.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Taylor Swift-Midnights (6/10)

i'm just not feeling this.  everything on here screams recycled and been there donne that. even her melody lines and the sassy talk sing thing she does (low key hate that now) sound re-used.

in another universe this sounds like Lover's followup.  But.......folklore and evermore happened.  so this is kinda like a regression.

this is essentially Lover the cliffnotes version.

it's a boring album.

Mick

I get it, but I prefer this to Lover

The 1975-I Like It when you Sleep.....(9/10)

I adore this band.  they take an Area of music they love and it in know way making it for a trend.....it feels utterly genuine.

Love me (think So era Peter Gabriel

Ugh

A Change of Heart

She's So American

The Ballad of Me and My Brain (Very XTC)

Somebody Else (very early 90's Rnb)

Paris

This Must be my Dream.

Any of these would have been mega hits back then.

then they have more experimental stuff...very ambient that kinda cushion in between the bangers. but not filler really.  like if Radiohead were doing their weird stuff but were also a pop band, lol  they do all fit in here.  so it makes it a VERY long album but it flies by.

i'm obsessed i tell ya.  i played these albums tons already, lol

Mick

Taylor Swift- Red (Taylor's Version)

Still her best album (not saying it's my favourite).

The 1975-A brief Inquiry......(8/10)

this one isn't as immediate as the first 2.  it leans into the expierental tenediees more but it's not without it's pop bangers.  There is even a jazz standard on here.  so they are expanding the range here.

Give Yourself A Try

TOOTIMETOOTMETOO (Is that you harry Styles?)

Love It if We Made IT (Tears for Fears-esque)

Be My Mistake (1975 go tender here)

Sincerety Is Scary

Inside Your Mind (Matty sounds like Steven Page of Barenaked Ladies here)

It's Not Living

Mine (the jazz Standard)

I Alays wanna Die Sometimes

Even this album is not as Catchy at first......it's all still there.  the band is just growing.

Mick

4 minutes ago, ST3V said:

We Must Become the Pitiless Censors of Ourselves - Album by John Maus |  Spotify

John Maus is THE Sit Back And Stare At The Ceiling At Midnight artist

I have no idea who that is but what I really want to know is the artist that made this album cover.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ST3V said:

We Must Become the Pitiless Censors of Ourselves - Album by John Maus |  Spotify

John Maus is THE Sit Back And Stare At The Ceiling At Midnight artist

well, when Hey Moon is on you have to be gazing at the moon, and when you're listening to Do Your Best you have to look out at the city skyline. but i get what you mean

• Like 1

Just now, Mr. Not said:

well, when Hey Moon is on you have to be gazing at the moon, and when you're listening to Do Your Best you have to look out at the city skyline. but i get what you mean

and when Cop Killer is on I have to- *gets put on 3 lists*

• Like 2

Iron Maiden- Somewhere In Time 

Megadeth- Rust In Piece 

Testament- The Gathering 

Rhapsody- Dawn Of Victory

Taylor Swift- Midnights 

The more I play Midnights, the more I hear the brilliance of Folklore/Evermore shining through. This entire album is a tonic for me ATM. Taylor Swift always releases music at just the moment I need it. She has a reassuring, relatable approach to songwriting that makes me think we are very similar people, in terms of emotions. Midnights might be my album of the year. 

• Like 3

I guess I need to watch what I say about Taylor Swift at reddit and anywhere else.  She has a long history of litigation. 

Several sources say that she hired an actual team of people to track down and erase unflattering online posts about her. 

The websites known to be affected include tumblr and twitter.  I'm guessing that reddit is also one of them.  

I found it very suspicious that all the comments made about Midnights on Rolling Stone's FB page were all so praiseworthy. 

220px-Midnights_-_Taylor_Swift.png

Edited by Krystal
  • Like 1

Tay;or Swift-Midnights (6/10)

yup....that's it.

i'm sticking to the 1975 and the new Alter Bridge.  this has to be her Most unexciting lackluster record since maybe reputation (and that's down near the bottom too for me so this is saying something) or even her debut.  i'm happy folks like it but i do not get the praise heaped on it.  you know me i've never been one to kiss ass even on  my fav artists.  I call it like i hear it.  This is a terrible record.  I call it that cause i feel NOTHING for it.  At least i felt a bit of hate tcowards Reputation. This is like a rice cake.  Bland.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

• The topic was locked