Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Too Fast For Love, Shout At The Devil, and Dr Feelgood, 40th anniv remasters. It's nice to just unplug the brain and listen to some fun heavy stuff.

Next up for tonight, a couple of Twisted Sister records, and some of their demos. Love me some Twisted.

• Like 1

A couple of new albums last night -

Raise_the_roof.jpg

Good follow up to Raising Sand. This is a very pleasant listen indeed!

71mcCPJtDfL._SS500_.jpg

New album of covers from the lovely Susanna.

Quite an eclectic mix of artists covered here including Nick Drake, Richard & Linda Thompson, Prince and Syd Barrett.

I like this a lot!

71oWhMKuIoL._SS500_.jpg

To celebrate 20 years in the business Riverside have released a career spanning compilation with remastered tracks.

For those who have never listened to Riverside this is a pretty good place to start. A fabulous band.

Edited by zepphead
  • Like 1

My favorite album from this band and I saw their Wall of Sound tour, 1974.

51692454227_f301ecf21f_o.png

Who is that? I don't recognize the album.

Today I listened to various classical and world music tracks but not a whole album from any band.

Grateful Dead - Mars Hotel ( back cover of the album ).

• Like 1

Taylor Swift- Red (Taylor's Version) (9/10)

More nuanced, better produced, more organically arranged, the rerecording smartly tones down the teenybopper stylings of the still exceptional original, and Taylor's vocals add a sense of maturity to the proceedings that puts me in mind of an intimate acoustic show where an artist shares memories of their past.

I still love the petty, overtly of its day pop production of the original, but I love this new version.

Styx- Crash Of The Crown (9/10)

Wow I forgot all about this album, the last couple of months have been rich with fantastic releases for me. This is still an astonishing album. Love it!

• Like 3

More nuanced, better produced, more organically arranged, the rerecording smartly tones down the teenybopper stylings of the still exceptional original, and Taylor's vocals add a sense of maturity to the proceedings that puts me in mind of an intimate acoustic show where an artist shares memories of their past.

I still love the petty, overtly of its day pop production of the original, but I love this new version.

Wow I forgot all about this album, the last couple of months have been rich with fantastic releases for me. This is still an astonishing album. Love it!

I'm planning on listening to rerecording of Red soon. I've always had a soft spot for the original album.
  • Like 1

I'm planning on listening to rerecording of Red soon. I've always had a soft spot for the original album.

it is real real good. BUT........i'm so attached to the original that i'm just playing that instead, lol

Mick

• Like 1

• The topic was locked