Classic Rock songs that make you immediately turn the station

Whether you're just sick of hearing them or whether they've always sucked, these songs always make you change the station, even at risk to your health and well being.

I'll go first:

Why Can't This Be Love? - Van Hagar

Whether you're just sick of hearing them or whether they've always sucked, these songs always make you change the station, even at risk to your health and well being.

I'll go first:

Why Can't This Be Love? - Van Hagar

51sjxv.jpg

• Like 1

There's a few bad songs that do, but I do not know the name of the songs for those few. But should I know em? Edited by _hi_water._

Mmm there aren't a ton, but there are definitely a few that I just don't care to keep the station on for. GnR Knocking On Heaven's Door is definitely one I get tired of real quick. I could definitely see myself switching the channel on John Mellencamp. Not like I don't enjoy his music, I certainly do... but the same two or three songs of his get played constantly. I'd probably also switch it off for Springsteen's Glory Days or maybe also Seger's Hollywood Nights or Night Moves. Just heard them many many times and they don't do that much for me on their own. I'm not crazy about Centerfold by the J Geil's Band, I'd rather hear Freeze Frame or Love Stinks. Keep Your Hands To Yourself by the Georgia Satellites is.... meh.

China Grove - Doobie Brothers

You're not supposed to call it that anymore. :tsk:

The song is based on a real small town in Texas. Tom Johnston thought he had created a fictional town called "China Grove" near San Antonio and later learned it really exists from a cab driver in Houston. Johnston later explained that the band had been on tour passing through the town of China Grove on the way to or from San Antonio, and he had seen a road sign with the name, but somehow had forgotten about it.

The above story is noted from an interview here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djknh6eK-4I

Edited by RushFanForever

China Grove - Doobie Brothers

You're not supposed to call it that anymore. :tsk:

Why? A federal appeals court didn't have a problem with it.