The 2021 MLB Season Thread! Tatis Jr. Is A Stud! A's Padres World Series! Place Your Betts! LOL!

RUSHHEAD666

Mets and Yanks are being broadcast on MLB Network. They're taking the Yankee feed. So we get to hear John Sterling instead of Gary Cohen. :facepalm:

This 7-and-maybe-more loss streak is gonna seal the deal for the Cubs, I expect Bryant and maybe Joc Pederson to get traded by the end of the month.

Ricketts care more about gentrifying the hell out of Wrigleyville and their real estate than they do the actual team.

• Like 1

Mariners 5 games over .500. I still ain't buying. Talk to me in late August guys.

-41 run differential so I don't blame you for being skeptical. Miami has +20 and they're in last place! They're even at home but typically bad at home so that explains it. I'm just hoping for my Angels to have a 500 season for once. Two of the last 5 losing seasons were 80-82 because of Scioscia's "turn the page" method of one game at a time.

Milwaukee's well-known George Webb Restaurants have a longstanding deal!

If the Brewers win 12 games in a row, free hamburgers! :haz:

Two more games to go....

georgewebb_coupon1.jpg?w=638&h=406

Two more games to go....

Stretch

Does anyone actually go to George Webb's prior to the bars closing?

I wish you all a happy and healthy Bobby Bonilla Day!

:cheerleader:

PBS radio's Saturday money/finance show had an interesting piece on BB Day. It covered the math side of things (it's theoretically a wash) plus a fun interview with Bobby. Worth listening to.

• Like 1

Two more games to go....

Stretch

Does anyone actually go to George Webb's prior to the bars closing?

I do not know, but someday, I will find out!

Pirates 2

Brewers 0

Can't win 'em all, I guess.... :huh:

The Bucs' Tyler Anderson and his a freaky funky delivery stymied the Brewer hitters (who were resting players).

Off to the Big Apple to face the New York deGroms!

Edited by Principled Man

1625440293[/url]' post='4927541']

Ohtani homer, come from behind victory and sweep of the O's! :notworthy:

Has anyone checked Ohtani for cybernetic parts? He’s not human....

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

Him and Tattis. He almost lost against the Yanks before they had their biggest choke of the season last Wednesday. Boone has overstayed his welcome. Lesson is get a manager who is good, not because of one playoff walk off homer he had for a short stint with the team in 2003.

Edited by invisible airwave

Him and Tattis. He almost lost against the Yanks before they had their biggest choke of the season last Wednesday. Boone has overstayed his welcome. Lesson is get a manager who is good, not because of one playoff walk off homer he had for a short stint with the team in 2003.

The Yankees have returned to their 1980s form where they won exactly zero championships. Pay over the top for the biggest name talent in the game only to watch them choke and not perform for the length of their contracts.

It wasn't until George steinbrenner got suspended from the game that allowed for a really good manager and a really good general manager to build a team out of the farm system that ended up being the Yankees dynasty of the late 90's and early 2000s.

The Yankees have returned to their 1980s form where they won exactly zero championships. Pay over the top for the biggest name talent in the game only to watch them choke and not perform for the length of their contracts.

It wasn't until George steinbrenner got suspended from the game that allowed for a really good manager and a really good general manager to build a team out of the farm system that ended up being the Yankees dynasty of the late 90's and early 2000s.

I remember hearing Dave Winfield being called Mr May. Ended up being traded to my team and hit a cycle for them in 1991. At least he got his ring with Toronto.

Brilliant move, Craig Counsell. You have all those relief pitchers from which to choose, and you pick the assclown Brent Suter.

Enjoy the loss. You earned it..... :moon:

Mariners get their what will likely be one and only national game on Eastcoastbiased Sports Programming Network night before last against the evil empire (not capitalized on purpose). Going in they're playing well and the Yankoffs are struggling. So what does Seattle do in front of a national audience? Shit the bed to the tune of a 12-1 pasting. How utterly Marinersesque of them.

Please get a team Portland so I can go to games hosted by a real major league franchise.

20 years.........20 fukking years

The Padres' rookie relief pitcher, Daniel Camarena, would really like to get his first Major League base hit....

.... against Max Scherzer.

Were you expecting anything different, Ross?

Just giving up on a 1 run game. Ridiculous.

:facepalm:

Brewers and Reds may join forces and declare war on the umps!

Craig Counsell ejected! (Strike 3 not called, then 3-run homer right afterwards)

Christian Yelich ejected! (He stood inside the 1st base line right after an infield hit. Tagged out!)

Joey Votto ejected! (Check swing appeal - strike 3!)

This umpire crew in Milwaukee has been a royal pain for the entire series. Thursday, Friday, tonight ... and tomorrow should be fun, too!

Edited by Principled Man

Yankees lose! Yankees lose! Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Yankees lose!!!!

They give up 6 in the ninth to lose 8-7.

Mariners get their what will likely be one and only national game on Eastcoastbiased Sports Programming Network night before last against the evil empire (not capitalized on purpose). Going in they're playing well and the Yankoffs are struggling. So what does Seattle do in front of a national audience? Shit the bed to the tune of a 12-1 pasting. How utterly Marinersesque of them.

Please get a team Portland so I can go to games hosted by a real major league franchise.

20 years.........20 fukking years

Took 2 out of 3 from my team, though. Sweep avoided thanks to clutch Fletcher and his 1st homer of the season. I'll take being barely above 500 at ASB. Hope it stays that way instead of 2 modern Scioscia seasons that finished one game below 500.

Oh, and Boone's Yanks choke again against the Trashtros! :rfl:

Edited by invisible airwave

Per Buster Olney:

MLB teams are 493-2 (.996) when leading by 4+ runs entering the 9th inning this season. The Yankees are responsible for both losses (also June 30 vs Angels).

• Like 1

Per Buster Olney:

MLB teams are 493-2 (.996) when leading by 4+ runs entering the 9th inning this season. The Yankees are responsible for both losses (also June 30 vs Angels).

LOVE that! To hell with the Yankoffs

• Like 2