The 2021 MLB Season Thread! Tatis Jr. Is A Stud! A's Padres World Series! Place Your Betts! LOL!

RUSHHEAD666

Two outs shy of a no no and they lose the shutout as well. Halo victory is still nice and with 13 k for Sandoval.

The most Angel thing ever would have been to lose that game.

Two outs shy of a no no and they lose the shutout as well. Halo victory is still nice and with 13 k for Sandoval.

Early 80’s: The last Reds game I attended before moving to Wisconsin, I saw Mario Soto take a 1-0 no-hitter into the 9th.

2 outs, last pitch of the game, the Cardinals’ George Hendrick smacks it into the seats to tie the game.

Soto was so disappointed, but he struck out the next guy, and his teammates won it for him in the bottom of the 9th, 2-1

Edited by Principled Man

Early 80’s: The last Reds game I attended before moving to Wisconsin, I saw Mario Soto take a 1-0 no-hitter into the 9th.

2 outs, last pitch of the game, the Cardinals’ George Hendricks smacks it into the seats to tie the game.

Soto was so disappointed, but he struck out the next guy, and his teammates won it for him in the bottom of the 9th, 2-1

Soto was filthy.

2 outs, last pitch of the game, the Cardinals’ George Hendricks smacks it into the seats to tie the game.

Soto was filthy.

Great fast ball and change up. He was short-tempered, though. Hot-headed at times. Some of the opposing teams would taunt him just to get him off his game.

Last night, the Twilight Zone hit the Brewers-White Sox game in full force.

Brewers are up 4-0, and Corbin Burnes is rolling along with a strong outing.....until the 5th inning!

The Sox get an infield hit, another infield hit and a bloop single to load the bases with no outs....

Go to 5:23 to see the bizarre events, which include a 12-minute delay by the umps to figure things out..... :lol:

Mariners take 3 of 4 from Oakland. Now only 1 1/2 back in the WC race. Long way to go but I will say this, if they can take 2 or 3 from the cheating asstros starting tonight, I may have no choice but to actually get my hopes up. Maybe. The cheating asstros have utterly owned Seattle for about the last 5 or so years. If you're going to be a legit contender Ms, you have stop being Houston's bitch. Edited by driventotheedge

asstros are such a total piece of shit franchise. One of their bullpen guys Raley gives up a grand slam to Dylan Moore last night and Seattle comes from down 6-0 all the way back to win 11-8 and what does the little weasel do after giving up the salami? Throws very near the head of the next hitter (JP Crawford) and hits him. If Crawford doesn't turn his back to the pitch he gets beaned. Fukk the asstros. They don 't just cheat, they go full blown pussy when things don't go their way.

If ever a franchise deserved to collapse and then sink to the depths for a decade, it's this one.

Edited by driventotheedge
  • Like 2

asstros are such a total piece of shit franchise. One of their bullpen guys Raley gives up a grand slam to Dylan Moore last night and Seattle comes from down 6-0 all the way back to win 11-8 and what does the little weasel do after giving up the salami? Throws very near the head of the next hitter (JP Crawford) and hits him. If Crawford doesn't turn his back to the pitch he gets beaned. Fukk the asstros. They don 't just cheat, they go full blown pussy when things don't go their way.

If ever a franchise deserved to collapse and then sink to the depths for a decade, it's this one.

Good….I can feel your hatred. It gives you focus, makes you strong. ;)

• Like 3

It's so hard to tell on the internet how somebody really feels about something . . . I just wish there were some way to read between the lines and hear tone . . .

:laughing guy: :bang bang:

• Like 1

Mariners take 3 of 4 from Oakland. Now only 1 1/2 back in the WC race. Long way to go but I will say this, if they can take 2 or 3 from the cheating asstros starting tonight, I may have no choice but to actually get my hopes up. Maybe. The cheating asstros have utterly owned Seattle for about the last 5 or so years. If you're going to be a legit contender Ms, you have stop being Houston's bitch.

The Ms played well in that series, with timely runs and great plays on A's runners trying to advance.

The Brewers' Christian Yelich, fully vaccinated, is OUT for 10 days with COVID-19. Mild symptoms.

Jace Peterson is out for 7 days as a contact tracer.

They'll miss Peterson. Yelich, not so much. :laughing guy:

Even in their awful first season in the AL, my team managed to screw up with a losing record against them and I'm sick of them being Houston's bitch as well. They were bad but not on their level ffs. Bang that trash can like a MFer.

Mariners' season dead. Traded their closer to the Houston cheatros leaving the guys in the locker room emotionally devastated whereupon they predictably got destroyed 2 games in a row by the cheatros.. As usual it was about money (he was a FA at season's end). GM fails to understand just how important a closer is to winning. But I guess why start being concerned about winning now? Haven't given shit one about it for 20 years now. The laughingstock of North American pro sports and will continue to be until there's an ownership change. Fukk Jerry DiPoto and fukk the owners.

Go Padres. Go Dodgers.

In the meantime, Padres are rumored to be on the verge of getting Max Scherzer in a trade. Nice to root for a team that actually wants to win.

Mariners' season dead. Traded their closer to the Houston cheatros leaving the guys in the locker room emotionally devastated whereupon they predictably got destroyed 2 games in a row by the cheatros.. As usual it was about money (he was a FA at season's end). GM fails to understand just how important a closer is to winning. But I guess why start being concerned about winning now? Haven't given shit one about it for 20 years now. The laughingstock of North American pro sports and will continue to be until there's an ownership change. Fukk Jerry DiPoto and fukk the owners.

Go Padres. Go Dodgers.

In the meantime, Padres are rumored to be on the verge of getting Max Scherzer in a trade. Nice to root for a team that actually wants to win.

What is it with disgraced GMs of my team coming to your team? It was Bill Bavasi years ago and now Jerry. Pujols, Hamilton and CJ WIlson were busts and he traded Howie Kendrick and Trumbo. He's a big reason why my farm system has sucked for the past decade.

Geez. M's were on a roll.

Didn't the Mariners just pick up some pitcher? (Sorry, I'm vague on the details . . . summer brain)

Yes, Castillo from the Rays. Will he be good? Maybe. Will he be as good as Graveman? Doubtful. And most importantly, they screwed up the chemistry and pissed off all the guys on the team who recognized how important Graveman was to winning this year. Players aren't concerned with club control (which is all about money). They want to win this year and they well could have. Possible they still do but after seeing the let down after the trade, I highly doubt it.

Didn't the Mariners just pick up some pitcher? (Sorry, I'm vague on the details . . . summer brain)

Yes, Castillo from the Rays. Will he be good? Maybe. Will he be as good as Graveman? Doubtful. And most importantly, they screwed up the chemistry and pissed off all the guys on the team who recognized how important Graveman was to winning this year. Players aren't concerned with club control (which is all about money). They want to win this year and they well could have. Possible they still do but after seeing the let down after the trade, I highly doubt it.

I'd rather have Castillo than Graverman.

Edited by laughedatbytime

f**k baseball to the depths of hell.

What, with quality officiating like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYQLI2ez7ks

Robo strike zone cures all this and when it happens, and it will, the umps will be all up in arms over loss of jobs. Thing is though, they have no one to blame but themselves as this clearly demonstrates.

• Like 1

I'd rather have Castillo than Graverman.

The Ms players don't agree with you. I don't either.