The 2021 MLB Season Thread! Tatis Jr. Is A Stud! A's Padres World Series! Place Your Betts! LOL!

RUSHHEAD666

AAA Reno Aces player Tyler Gilbert made his pitching debut tonight for the D-Backs. Threw a no-hitter!

First ever by a D-Back pitcher at the home park.

• Like 2

AAA Reno Aces player Tyler Gilbert made his pitching debut tonight for the D-Backs. Threw a no-hitter!

He should retire now, while he's still undefeated and unhittable. :16ton:

• Like 2

So this is what the Diamondbacks have been missing all year! Pitching! Oh, and the hitting, I guess. And fielding, probably.

So this is what the Diamondbacks have been missing all year! Pitching! Oh, and the hitting, I guess. And fielding, probably.

Don't forget wins

• Like 1

And Joe Girardi took his pitcher out after 6 no hit innings.

Craig Counsell would have probably taken Gilbert out....maybe even after 4 innings, so he wouldn't get the win. :facepalm:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

Dodgers blow it just like Sunday. Brace yourselves for the "Mickey Mouse ring" taunts from those trolling the team even more than ever.

It's a looooooong season and with the talent level they have there is zero chance they aren't in the playoffs. Haters gonna hate.

Do you think the SF Giants can hold onto first? They look pretty good right now.

:bump:

Oops, sorry, goose.

SF back in the lead by one game.

Giants with a .649 winning % and 4.5 game lead on the Dodgers. Not bad so far.

Giants still rolling. What a season so far.

Dodgers not too far behind, though.

Dodgers blow it just like Sunday. Brace yourselves for the "Mickey Mouse ring" taunts from those trolling the team even more than ever.

It's a looooooong season and with the talent level they have there is zero chance they aren't in the playoffs. Haters gonna hate.

Do you think the SF Giants can hold onto first? They look pretty good right now.

:bump:

Oops, sorry, goose.

SF back in the lead by one game.

Giants with a .649 winning % and 4.5 game lead on the Dodgers. Not bad so far.

Giants still rolling. What a season so far.

Dodgers not too far behind, though.

I wouldn’t leave out Ron Burgandy’s team since Tatis is off the DL and hit two homers in one game coming back recently.

Yanks take two from the Red Sox while tge A's are looking to drop a second straight to the White Sox. :(

Sad what happened to the A's pitcher. Get well soon, Bassitt.

That looked - and sounded -horrible! The line drive hit Bassit square in the side of the face...no glancing motion at all. :(

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DejKbz9zCcrQ&ved=2ahUKEwi6_IyL3LryAhXBVs0KHT38CfcQwqsBegQINBAF&usg=AOvVaw0F77Iyv4vCB9AEAqm7EieQ&cshid=1629294851550

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Yanks take two from the Red Sox while tge A's are looking to drop a second straight to the White Sox. :(

That looked - and sounded -horrible! The line drive hit Bassit square in the side of the face...no glancing motion at all. :(

https://www.google.c...d=1629294851550

Yikes -- I hadn't seen that. I hope he'll be okay.

Nice to see top prospect Adell hit a grand slam for his first homer of the year and 4th overall against Detroit.

I watched the video...that looked so painful..i feel for him. Has anyone heard any updates?

Edited by Chicken hawk

Nice to see top prospect Adell hit a grand slam for his first homer of the year and 4th overall against Detroit.

I watched the video...that looked so painful..i feel for him. Has anyone heard any updates?

I prefer to watch this one. The baseball loses!

• Like 1

I prefer to watch this one. The baseball loses!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fef9GOehkA

Oh so bad. Yikes

Yanks have made up 10.5 games on the Red Sox in the last 6 weeks. While it's not quite the epic collapse of '78, it is certainly very enjoyable.

• Like 1

Yanks have made up 10.5 games on the Red Sox in the last 6 weeks. While it's not quite the epic collapse of '78, it is certainly very enjoyable.

:lol:

Boone is no Billy Martin, though.

Boone is no Billy Martin, though.

He's not even Bob Lemon...

• Like 1

What a horseshit call on Narvaez. Fortunately, Garcia homers on the next pitch to tie it.

The 1st base ump did Arenado no favors with those close calls on check swings.

This new crop of umpires should be replanted!

Didn't the Mariners just pick up some pitcher? (Sorry, I'm vague on the details . . . summer brain)

Yes, Castillo from the Rays. Will he be good? Maybe. Will he be as good as Graveman? Doubtful. And most importantly, they screwed up the chemistry and pissed off all the guys on the team who recognized how important Graveman was to winning this year. Players aren't concerned with club control (which is all about money). They want to win this year and they well could have. Possible they still do but after seeing the let down after the trade, I highly doubt it.

I'd rather have Castillo than Graverman.

This post hasn't aged well.

Diego "BS" Castillo gave up a game tying 3 run HR in the bottom of the 9th. Fortunately he was bailed out by Ty France and the Mariners won anyway. First time 10 games over .500 this year despite Jerry Dipshito and his stupid trade (though in fairness Toro has played well but Castillo is utter crap).

BS stands for 2 things, one of which is Blown Save.