The 2021 MLB Season Thread! Tatis Jr. Is A Stud! A's Padres World Series! Place Your Betts! LOL!

RUSHHEAD666

Three pitchers pitched for the Reds in the sixth inning today, when the Cardinals scored 7 runs to the the game.

pitcher A: 0 IP, 4 hits, 5 runs all earned, 1 walk

pitcher B: 0 IP, 2 hits, 2 runs, all earned, 1 walk

pitcher C: 1 IP, 1 hit, 0 runs.

only pitcher C was charged with a blown save. He was obviously the least effective of the pitchers, as blown saves are bad and he was the only one who got one.

FACT.

Even worse is when the starting pitcher gets yanked in the 5th while still in the lead. The reliever comes in, gets one out, and he gets the win.

The starter goes 4.2 innings, and he doesn't get the win? Ridiculous.

Three pitchers pitched for the Reds in the sixth inning today, when the Cardinals scored 7 runs to the the game.

only pitcher C was charged with a blown save. He was obviously the least effective of the pitchers, as blown saves are bad and he was the only one who got one.

FACT.

But how many runners did he inherit that scored? To me that matters a lot for relievers but I also see your point as well.

FACT.

But how many runners did he inherit that scored? To me that matters a lot for relievers but I also see your point as well.

Came in with bases loaded no out. The first hitter hit into a 1-2-3 DP, and the second hitter singled with the third being retired.

Previous two pitchers, 8 BF, 7 scored, none retired, no blown save

Antone: 1IP, 1 hit, 1 blown save

complete joke stat.

A talented opponent, som e bad luck, and an ultra right strike zone.

time to turn in early.

I was debating staying up late to watch the Royals-Angels, but then our rookie making his first start gave up four runs on only two outs and lasted only 39 pitches, so I got to bed at a normal hour.

This one goes to Invisible Airwaves' bunch, but we'll get 'em tonight. Maybe I should take a nap, to prep.

I was debating staying up late to watch the Royals-Angels, but then our rookie making his first start gave up four runs on only two outs and lasted only 39 pitches, so I got to bed at a normal hour.

This one goes to Invisible Airwaves' bunch, but we'll get 'em tonight. Maybe I should take a nap, to prep.

I'm shocked that the Angels won because this was Brady's first win and his ERA is just awful. Hell, I'm shocked that they split with the A's considering their red hot start.

Pirates-Dodgers, Hayes takes Buehler deep on a line to right field, and it Carrie's for a lead off homer!

Dodgers appeal as Hayes appeared to miss first base on his initial hard run. And sure enough, he's out!

LA goes on to win 5-3.

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

I'm shocked that the Angels won because this was Brady's first win and his ERA is just awful. Hell, I'm shocked that they split with the A's considering their red hot start.

Okay, somehow game two was even worse, although not as quickly. C'mon Royals!

FACT.

Came in with bases loaded no out. The first hitter hit into a 1-2-3 DP, and the second hitter singled with the third being retired.

Previous two pitchers, 8 BF, 7 scored, none retired, no blown save

Antone: 1IP, 1 hit, 1 blown save

complete joke stat.

concur

• Like 1

The Brewers lose 3rd baseman Travis Shaw for the season. Dislocated shoulder from diving for a ball.

Shaw has been struggling at the plate, but the team will miss his solid defense at 3rd.

A ROYAL SWEEP TO KEEP THE HALO LIT! :dweez: :notworthy: :haz:

Only one game below 500 now and off to face the worst team, Arizona.

BnlXBPQ.gif

I can't like this, but I must respect the truth of it. The Royals were bad -- pitching, hitting, you know, baseball. And now we get to move upstate and face the A's. Yeesh.

• Like 1

BnlXBPQ.gif

Next stop, third place! :cheerleader:

:lol:

Secured tix to an evening Padres game at Petco vs. the Nationals on 7-8 and a Giants game at Oracle 7-10 (afternoon game) also vs. Nationals (they're going north at the same time I am). Been wanting to go to a game at Petco since they built it 2 years after I moved away from S.D. This is part of my annual motorcycling vacation and thought incorporating a couple of games into the vaca would enhance it. For the Padres game I am sitting like 8 rows up from the field just right of hone plate. Giants game I purposely chose a View level seat along the 3rd base line to have a full view of the field and the bay.

Pix will follow in mid-July.

• Like 1

Call me silly, but I always feel sorry for pitchers when they keep walking in runs.

Brewers beat the Pirates 7-4, thanks to an ugly 7th inning. Pirate relievers walked in three runs. Six total walks in the inning. :eh:

*** I should add that the home plate ump was once again a total nincompoop. His calls were majorly inconsistent, and he was calling strikes that were well outside of the zone. The hitters were shaking their heads in disbelief.

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

BnlXBPQ.gif

Next stop, third place! :cheerleader:

:lol:

At this point, I'll take a 500 season which hasn't happened since 2015. 2 of the recent losing seasons were one game below 500. Just another reason why I hated Scioscia's "turn the page" philosophy on games especially losing to teams that they should beat on paper.

Mariners have a 4-1 lead going into the bottom of the 9th but it's not over for Cleveland because Rafael "Gas Can" Montero is going to "close" the game for Seattle. He gets the first 2 outs and wow, it looks like he's actually going to get the job done. But wait! Have no fear Indians fans, he walks 2, gives up a couple of hits and the final, Cleveland 5, Seattle 4. He's now blown 6, yes that's right fukking SIX saves this year! I simply cannot understand why they keep trotting him out to lose games for this team.

I watch no more Mariners' games this year until he's removed as the closer. Should be given his outright release tomorrow morning. If I'm the GM, he is.

Being a Mariners' fan isn't tough, it's way beyond that. It's torture.

PLEASE Rays, move to Portland so I have a real major league franchise to root for.

Too bad they had to use Kimbrel for one out. :facepalm:

I guess they didn't HAVE to...

Correction: Gas Can Montero has blown 7 saves (in 13 opportunities) this year. Fukk off Mariners

Baseball reference has it as 7 saves, 6 blown saves, though none of the blown saves are the BS kind where you come in with the bases loaded up 1 in the sixth inning, get a double play to tie the score then retire the next hitter to get out of the inning.

On the upside, he does have 4 holds...sure, he pitched 3.2 innings and gave up 4 runs in those games, but his performance was good enough to be given the valuable stamp of approval that is the hold.

Correction: Gas Can Montero has blown 7 saves (in 13 opportunities) this year. Fukk off Mariners

Baseball reference has it as 7 saves, 6 blown saves, though none of the blown saves are the BS kind where you come in with the bases loaded up 1 in the sixth inning, get a double play to tie the score then retire the next hitter to get out of the inning.

On the upside, he does have 4 holds...sure, he pitched 3.2 innings and gave up 4 runs in those games, but his performance was good enough to be given the valuable stamp of approval that is the hold.

6, 7.....what's a blown save between friends?

:banghead:

^^^Mariners fans

^^^ Hold stat

Edited by driventotheedge
  • Like 1