New Taylor Swift Album tonight

zepphead

You've got to be f***ing joking........

Have you heard “Folklore”?

It will convert the most skeptical of skeptical.

With all due respect, give it a listen and check back.

I might’ve heard more but this is the only song off that album which I’m familiar with:

http://youtu.be/K-a8s8OLBSE

It’s on a song rotation at my gym so I hear it all the time. It’s worthless for a workout but it’s not a piece of crap either. Still, I’m not converted. For me, it’s just kind of standing there like a mannequin in a window display.

It has a Suzanne Vega vibe.

It does. I have no negative opinion of Vega’s stuff...but I haven’t been moved by anything she’s done either.

I might’ve heard more but this is the only song off that album which I’m familiar with:

It’s on a song rotation at my gym so I hear it all the time. It’s worthless for a workout but it’s not a piece of crap either. Still, I’m not converted. For me, it’s just kind of standing there like a mannequin in a window display.

Holy shit! It sounds like every other Taylor Swift song!

• Like 1

Playing Taylor Swift songs at a gym, unless there were prior expectations that were established that it would be done, should be grounds for cancellation of membership with full refund, and damages for pain and suffering.

• Like 2

Playing Taylor Swift songs at a gym, unless there were prior expectations that were established that it would be done, should be grounds for cancellation of membership with full refund, and damages for pain and suffering.

This is why I bring my headphones to Planet Fitness. They throw some older songs here and there on the TVs there but it's mostly Radio Disney crap. Gonna be easier next time I go when this COVID is done since I have air pods. Tired of regular headphones interfering with the workout equipment.

Besides, the real surprise album drop yesterday is the posthumous covers album drop by Chris Cornell. It's only available digitally for now. The physical album comes out in March.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

I really love the new album, I'm starting to like it as much as Folklore. It's rich, diverse and deep.

I wish non-fans would exit the chat. We know you're not fans, so bye.

• Like 3

I really love the new album, I'm starting to like it as much as Folklore. It's rich, diverse and deep.

Hahaha! Are you surprised I just showed up in here?

Not my cup o tea but she is talented. Zoe, my oldest daughter loves the new album.

• Like 2

Hahaha! Are you surprised I just showed up in here?

Not my cup o tea but she is talented. Zoe, my oldest daughter loves the new album.

I've always said she's the worst artist to judge by the majority of her singles.

Her last two albums are everything I love about Swift, that many didn't realise was there. Folklore and Evermore lack any pop ready radio singles of the style she's often known for, but her entire discography is full of moments that suggested she had this in her.

I'm a huge fan, but she's definitely not for everyone. I love her as much as Bruce Springsteen and Pat Benatar.

have you met AC/DC?

Mick

• Like 1

have you met AC/DC?

Mick

It's a tired complaint he made. Everyone thinks an artist is samey if they find themselves underwhelmed.

Next.

• Like 1

have you met AC/DC?

Mick

It's a tired complaint he made. Everyone thinks an artist is samey if they find themselves underwhelmed.

Next.

Underwhelmed. Yes, that's it! Taylor Swift... and AC/DC underwhelm me. I have no hatred or malice towards Taylor Swift (I'll leave that to Green Day and Bon Jovi). I do find some of her music enjoyable. The new song posted simply did nothing for me that nudged me towards interest. It didn't perk my ears. I guess it's a tired complaint because it's a tired trend in Ms. Swift's music. I'll give Evermore a spin at some point and I'm sure I'll like several songs. Power Up can wait. It's all good. Enjoy what you enjoy. :cheers:

• Like 1

have you met AC/DC?

Mick

Next.

Underwhelmed. Yes, that's it! Taylor Swift... and AC/DC underwhelm me. I have no hatred or malice towards Taylor Swift (I'll leave that to Green Day and Bon Jovi). I do find some of her music enjoyable. The new song posted simply did nothing for me that nudged me towards interest. It didn't perk my ears. I guess it's a tired complaint because it's a tired trend in Ms. Swift's music. I'll give Evermore a spin at some point and I'm sure I'll like several songs. Power Up can wait. It's all good. Enjoy what you enjoy. :cheers:

Oh I wasn't having a dig! Just that normally the complaint that all songs sound the same is normal for someone who doesn't like an artist's music.

AC/DC do deserve that description though. Up to the listener to decide if that's forgivable or not

• Like 1

have you met AC/DC?

Mick

Next.

Oh I wasn't having a dig! Just that normally the complaint that all songs sound the same is normal for someone who doesn't like an artist's music.

AC/DC do deserve that description though. Up to the listener to decide if that's forgivable or not

I feel like you're not giving someone a fair listen if you think all their stuff sounds the same, in most cases anyway (AC/DC being mostly an exception). I mean, I don't listen to Swift, but I can pretty easily acknowledge a decent variety of styles and moods between the songs I have heard from her. You Belong With Me sounds nothing like Ready For It for instance....I mean I don't like either of them, but that's besides the point.

have you met AC/DC?

Mick

I actually have!

have you met AC/DC?

Mick

I actually have!

Who’s got the biggest balls of all?

have you met AC/DC?

Mick

I actually have!

Taylor Swift has got bigger balls than all her fanbois in here!

• Like 1

have you met AC/DC?

Mick

I actually have!

Taylor Swift has got bigger balls than all her fanbois in here!

http://www.ctvnews.ca/polopoly_fs/1.2146460.1418482154!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_1020/image.jpg

I did as fairs fair and all that.

I tried....I really did, but I just can't find much in the way of redeeming features.

Bland, overproduced turgid mush....she tries on occasion to get clever with her lyrics but can't rise above Instagram meme level of triteness.

She's a decent (if unremarkable) singer but very short on passion and angst.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned and think there should be some rebellion in music, but this does nothing for me.

I don't even want to comment on individual songs as they all sound alike (with AC/DC this is a good thing) and simply can't remember high points.

Sorry,

• Like 1

I tried....I really did, but I just can't find much in the way of redeeming features.

Bland, overproduced turgid mush....she tries on occasion to get clever with her lyrics but can't rise above Instagram meme level of triteness.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned and think there should be some rebellion in music, but this does nothing for me.

I don't even want to comment on individual songs as they all sound alike (with AC/DC this is a good thing) and simply can't remember high points.

Sorry,

I applaud your honest and open minded opinion.

Cheers for that.

• Like 1

I don't know, some times I just like listening to someone who has a great voice and sings good tunes. I think a lot of Rush fans get overly technical and critical of production and everything else. Sometimes it is just nice to listen to. And this is NOT my typical music of choice
  • Like 2

Sorry,

Cheers for that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying she is without talent at all, I think it's probably a complete disconnect between my world view and hers,

• Like 2

Sorry,

Cheers for that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying she is without talent at all, I think it's probably a complete disconnect between my world view and hers,

That can happen...

...I’ve tried for years and years to get into Santana, just doesn’t click.

I appreciate the talent there, it’s just not my cup of tea.

• Like 1

Sorry,

Cheers for that.

That can happen...

...I’ve tried for years and years to get into Santana, just doesn’t click.

I appreciate the talent there, it’s just not my cup of tea.

I'd agree with you about Santanna for sure lol

• Like 1