• I've Seen All Good People
    • Roundabout
    • Long Distance Runaround
    • Heart Of The Sunrise
    • Close To The Edge
    • Owner Of A Lonely Heart
    • Changes
    • Love Will Find A Way

Gosh .... there are a half dozen here that i could choose from - today I vote Roundabout but in a days time that could change. Fragile and Close To The Edge where such strong albums.
  • Like 1

That's it, I've figured out how you're doing this. For the most part you're just nabbing the top 10 songs on Spotify from each artist. For the Black Sabbath and Van Halen polls you took out the one or two Dio or Sammy songs and replaced them with popular Ozzy and DLR songs, and for the AC/DC thread there was a random really new track in the top ten which you replaced with the much more deserving For Those About To Rock.

Am I right, and if so why not just tell us in the first place where you're getting these top ten lists so everyone quits complaining about what's not on the list?

That's it, I've figured out how you're doing this. For the most part you're just nabbing the top 10 songs on Spotify from each artist. For the Black Sabbath and Van Halen polls you took out the one or two Dio or Sammy songs and replaced them with popular Ozzy and DLR songs, and for the AC/DC thread there was a random really new track in the top ten which you replaced with the much more deserving For Those About To Rock.

Am I right, and if so why not just tell us in the first place where you're getting these top ten lists so everyone quits complaining about what's not on the list?

:doh: I got busted

I do look on Spotify for the most part

welp someone figured out what I do

well I knew someone was going to eventually anyways...

Edited by _hi_water._

if you want to know why I use Spotify, it's because I have sh*tty rock stations, so I can't figure out which ones are most likely popular or not, especially considering that they play only 2 or 3 songs from each band (except AC/DC, Rush and Van Halen)

if you want to know why I use Spotify, it's because I have sh*tty rock stations, so I can't figure out which ones are most likely popular or not, especially considering that they play only 2 or 3 songs from each band (except AC/DC, Rush and Van Halen)

You should make a poll about where you should get your songs for these lists.

I mean I don't care so much that you're using Spotify. I think it's a pretty accurate assessment of what the most popular songs from a particular artist are at the given time (not necessarily historically). I'm more curious as to why you didn't just say that's how you were doing it in the first place, or at least mention that you're not so much cultivating these lists on your own as you are taking them from established sources. As it was, I had assumed you were coming up with them on your own so I was really frustrated when songs that any regular member of this forum knows are quite popular weren't showing up on the lists ahead of songs nobody here really talks about.

I mean I don't care so much that you're using Spotify. I think it's a pretty accurate assessment of what the most popular songs from a particular artist are at the given time (not necessarily historically). I'm more curious as to why you didn't just say that's how you were doing it in the first place, or at least mention that you're not so much cultivating these lists on your own as you are taking them from established sources. As it was, I had assumed you were coming up with them on your own so I was really frustrated when songs that any regular member of this forum knows are quite popular weren't showing up on the lists ahead of songs nobody here really talks about.

well I don't blame ya but...

maybe I should've said where I got the songs from :huh:

yikes

For example, I don't remember the last time anyone seriously talked about Sweetness or Love Will Find A Way around here, but And You And I or Yours Is No Disgrace are mentioned rather frequently in conversations about Yes.

yikes

Oh no no, I'm not trying to put you down for how you were doing things, lol. It's all just conversations at the end of the day. I'm just trying to say maybe some misunderstandings and complaints could've been avoided if it had been clear where the lists were coming from. But then perhaps you wanted to see how TRF would react to the lists without knowing where they came from, which is perfectly reasonable as a social experiment.

Starship Trooper by a nose, over a high quality field. Could go with Tempis Fugit too if it was on there.

Excellent song. I almost went for it, but CTTE was calling me.

• Like 1

For example, I don't remember the last time anyone seriously talked about Sweetness or Love Will Find A Way around here, but And You And I or Yours Is No Disgrace are mentioned rather frequently in conversations about Yes.

yikes

Oh no no, I'm not trying to put you down for how you were doing things, lol. It's all just conversations at the end of the day. I'm just trying to say maybe some misunderstandings and complaints could've been avoided if it had been clear where the lists were coming from. But then perhaps you wanted to see how TRF would react to the lists without knowing where they came from, which is perfectly reasonable as a social experiment.

ok

I wasn't planning on making much of these lists tbh, just some of the popular bands on this forum

yikes

In the Black Sabbath thread he doesn't have NIB as a selection even though Spotify lists it as their fifth most streamed song. Planet Caravan isn't on that list but he made it a selection instead?

So, only part of the mystery has been solved.

Edited by J2112YYZ

yikes

In the Black Sabbath thread he doesn't have NIB as a selection even though Spotify lists it as their fifth most streamed song. Planet Caravan isn't on that list but he made it a selection instead?

So, only part of the mystery has been solved.

Yeah I'm not sure why he replaced NIB other than to add Black Sabbath or Into The Void. As for Planet Caravan, it's on the top ten on Spotify. You have to be looking on a laptop/desktop so you can see the full top ten rather than top five. My guess is Planet Caravan is only way up there because people don't skip over it when they're listening to the three most popular tracks in Sabbath's catalogue, which surround in on that album.

I know "Owner" gets some slagging as the MTV aberration, but that's where I boarded the Yes bus, so it's still my sentimental favorite.

It's also on their best album by miles.

I am not a RealYesFan tm, I know.

Perhaps not by miles, but it is miles better than most hard core prog heads will try to tell you. Top 5 for me.

• Like 2