Ultimate Rock Bands Elimination: Round 15 (8/25/20)

_hi_water._

22 members have voted

1. 1. Immune:

2. 2. Eliminate:

Jethro Tull, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Metallica have been eliminated!

40. Skid Row

39. Muse

38. Nirvana

37. Toto

36. Camel

35. Free

34. Nine Inch Nails

33. Opeth

32. Gentle Giant

31. Whitesnake ( :()

30. Jefferson Airplane

29. Guns N Roses

28. Heart

27. King Crimson

26. Emerson, Lake & Palmer

25. Fleetwood Mac ( :rage:)

24. Alice Cooper

23. Pearl Jam

22. Kansas ( :rage:)

21. Yardbirds

20. Boston

19. Aerosmith

18. Cars

17. ZZ Top

16. Def Leppard

15. Lynyrd Skynyrd

14. Jethro Tull

13. Metallica

Starting to get down to the 'big hitters' now.

Yes might be vulnerable so my immunise vote is on them.

• Like 1

My guess is Yes will stick it out till the final three or five, long past my personal favorite, Queen, and even longer after another personal favorite, Genesis. Folks around here can only take so much camp.

• Like 1

The Beatles, hiwater? The Beatles?!

They're no van der Graff Generator for sure.

Q.E.D. Which reminds me. How did Amon Duul II not make the original list?

Too popular. They would've won too easily, like Rush. We need more obscure choices like Il Balletto Di Bronzo or Anekdoten.

• Like 2

Too popular. They would've won too easily, like Rush. We need more obscure choices like Il Balletto Di Bronzo or Anekdoten.

Obscure? To whom?

• Like 1

Obscure? To whom?

Ah ha! I see I'm speaking with a fellow educated prog snob here! In that case how about some really truly obscure stuff like the 6 minute partly atonal solo synth jam I recorded on GarageBand once, or the continuous ambient sound my computer makes when my Battlefront game crashes? :P

Obscure? To whom?

Ah ha! I see I'm speaking with a fellow educated prog snob here! In that case how about some really truly obscure stuff like the 6 minute partly atonal solo synth jam I recorded on GarageBand once, or the continuous ambient sound my computer makes when my Battlefront game crashes? :P

You "recorded" it? Pffft. Might as well be Britney Spears then.

• Like 1

My guess is Yes will stick it out till the final three or five, long past my personal favorite, Queen, and even longer after another personal favorite, Genesis. Folks around here can only take so much camp.

Good bands ... i will certainly not be voting either of them out.
  • Like 1

I voted to drop Deep Purple, Maiden and Queen. Good bands, but not quite as iconic, imo.

Speaking of iconic, in what round do we add The Who?

• Like 2

I voted to drop Deep Purple, Maiden and Queen. Good bands, but not quite as iconic, imo.

if people want me to do another rock band elimination after this one's over, then I can make one with The Who competing. I will also give people the option to add what other bands they want for the elimination, as long as they have not competed in this elimination
  • Like 1

I don't know in which world Queen isn't among the most iconic bands of all time, but it's certainly not the one I'm living in.

I also voted to oust Deep Purple though. I'm simply not as familiar with their full catalogue and when I listened to In Rock once I didn't really understand why it was so highly regarded.

• Like 1

I don't know in which world Queen isn't among the most iconic bands of all time, but it's certainly not the one I'm living in.

I also voted to oust Deep Purple though. I'm simply not as familiar with their full catalogue and when I listened to In Rock once I didn't really understand why it was so highly regarded.

Do you think Queen makes it into the top ten most iconic bands of all time?

• Like 1

Do you think Queen makes it into the top ten most iconic bands of all time?

Especially after the massive success of the movie and in full knowledge of the fact that 90% of people my age and younger know and love Bohemian Rhapsody, many regarding it (rightfully) as a masterpiece of music... I'd say yeah. If they weren't there before they're in that top ten now.

EDIT: But I must admit you're asking the most biased source available.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 1