List the concerts you've had postponed or canceled because of COVID-19

elton john's grand rapids show was postponed. mrs hemi wanted to go but ticket prices were stupid. good riddance.

hope this covid really f***s up all the ticket scalper sites.

I am really glad that I got to see him a few months ago.

I also paid a price that you would probably call ‘stupid’...but it was so incredible.

I spent stupid money to see Rush from the front row on the Time Machine tour. Money stupidly well spent I would say.

Exactly!

I wasn’t in the front row at all- but still great seats, and a great experience; a night I will never forget.

It's why I'm divorced. Spent all of my disposable income on RUSH concerts and travel. Some say I was selfish, but whenever my ex and I would travel around the country to see RUSH I always booked excellent hotels, took her to wonderful restaurants and took her shopping often.

I did my best, and she never complained. But when she turned 40 it was like a switch went off in here head. She was done going to any concert with me. She wanted to just say home and watch tv. Go to the gym and eat kale. Was a soccer and school taxi for our girls.

Oh well. Life goes on. I have no regrets. I have thousands of wonderful memories in my mind.

"Leave Earl alone, he don't want your promises no more

Because rock n roll is his religion and his law

He won't ever change

You make think he's strange

You can't kill Earl's rock n roll

He's here to stay"

• Like 3

elton john's grand rapids show was postponed. mrs hemi wanted to go but ticket prices were stupid. good riddance.

hope this covid really f***s up all the ticket scalper sites.

I am really glad that I got to see him a few months ago.

I also paid a price that you would probably call ‘stupid’...but it was so incredible.

I spent stupid money to see Rush from the front row on the Time Machine tour. Money stupidly well spent I would say.

Exactly!

I wasn’t in the front row at all- but still great seats, and a great experience; a night I will never forget.

It's why I'm divorced. Spent all of my disposable income on RUSH concerts and travel. Some say I was selfish, but whenever my ex and I would travel around the country to see RUSH I always booked excellent hotels, took her to wonderful restaurants and took her shopping often.

I did my best, and she never complained. But when she turned 40 it was like a switch went off in here head. She was done going to any concert with me. She wanted to just say home and watch tv. Go to the gym and eat kale. Was a soccer and school taxi for our girls.

Oh well. Life goes on. I have no regrets. I have thousands of wonderful memories in my mind.

"Leave Earl alone, he don't want your promises no more

Because rock n roll is his religion and his law

He won't ever change

You make think he's strange

You can't kill Earl's rock n roll

He's here to stay"

Hahahaha!!! Love it buddy!!!

Says it al!!!

Of all the unlikely things, I was actually gonna go see OneRepublic. Normally I probably wouldn't be bothered, but they were coming to play at my school next month and I didn't want to feel left out if all my friends went to go see them on campus and I didn't buy a ticket.

At least I'm a getting a refund. I think it was 40 bucks. That'll be a nice replacement for a week's pay at my on campus job.

• Like 1

Abbath - was supposed to be today

Yob on March 23rd

Ooooh... I am sure Pat would loved to have seen Abbath. He got his name from "Black Sabbath." Pat is trying to get me into Black Metal. Can't do it. The music is fine. It's usually the voice that kills it for me.

He sure does put on a great show! i saw him back in october and i’ve been wanting to see him again ever since.

It took me a while to get into black metal. I think Satyricon were my gateway band.

Interesting! I am very intrigued by your passion for Black Metal. I have heard of Satyricon. I will try it. Pat will be proud. lol

just stick with the 1st wave stuff, early sodom, destruction, bathory, sarcofago. I couldn't see you getting into stuff like emperor

I was going to see Jon Hopkins at the Royal Albert Hall. A concert which morphs from his gentle, textural ambient work - replete with Jon on the grmad piano - into a techno fest.

It had great reviews. Hopefully, we'll get a chance to see it sometime.

I'm also missing some contemporary dance, theatre, and most sadly, a couple of lectures at the Natural History Museum by very preeminent speakers (and only £10 per lecture!)

• Like 1

I've got The Doobie Bros and Roger Waters in September. Surely those will happen.........right?

Sadly, maybe not.

I really, really hope we’re not dealing with these scenarios for that long.

I have tickets for the Black Crowes in Milwaukee on August 22nd, and Mandolin Orange at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville on September 5th.

I’ve never been to the Ryman before, and I’ve always wanted to see a show there. Seeing my beloved Mandolin Orange there would be just perfect. So I really hope it happens.

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 1

I've got The Doobie Bros and Roger Waters in September. Surely those will happen.........right?

Sadly, maybe not.

It depends. Are there any confirmed cases of coronavirus in your region? If so, how high are they?

New York city has something like 15,000 confirmed cases. Nothing will be happening for a long time there. Over here on the other side of the state where I live, we have 87 confirmed cases in the county. If that number can stay lower for the next month or so, we can probably get back to the bars and restaurants being opened again.

The larger hit areas though, forget about it. Nothing will be back to normal for a long time.

Edited by J2112YYZ

I did not go to The Brothers ( Allman Bros. 50th ) at MSG. That was my choice.

The Musical Box was postponed from April 4 to June 26. I hope that happens.

Trey Anastasio Band May 24. Questionable.

August is booked for me with:

Dead & Co

Roger Waters

Phish

I hope they all happen but who knows.

Edited by custom55

NEWS FLASH!!!! DAVID COVERDALE TO HAVE HERNIA SURGERY! ALL 2020 CONCERTS ARE CANCELLED!!!

This pisses me off because I was going twice. Going to support Night Ranger and Whitesnake. Then I was going to get in my car and go home!

This sucks, but I wish David a speedy recovery. Smart getting it done now. I don't think there will be concerts in July anyway.

• Like 1

Sadly, maybe not.

It depends. Are there any confirmed cases of coronavirus in your region? If so, how high are they?

New York city has something like 15,000 confirmed cases. Nothing will be happening for a long time there. Over here on the other side of the state where I live, we have 87 confirmed cases in the county. If that number can stay lower for the next month or so, we can probably get back to the bars and restaurants being opened again.

The larger hit areas though, forget about it. Nothing will be back to normal for a long time.

Washington state right across the Columbia River from Portland, Oregon. In other words, not good.

Edited by driventotheedge

Sadly, maybe not.

I really, really hope we’re not dealing with these scenarios for that long.

I have tickets for the Black Crowes in Milwaukee on August 22nd, and Mandolin Orange at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville on September 5th.

I’ve never been to the Ryman before, and I’ve always wanted to see a show there. Seeing my beloved Mandolin Orange there would be just perfect. So I really hope it happens.

I watched the 8 part, 16 hour Ken Burns documentary on country music that I had on DVR here recently and several artists mentioned how great the acoustics are at the Ryman. Do hope you get to go.

• Like 2

Charlotte NC:

Billy Joel.

Metallica.

I probably would have gone down to New Orleans to see Zebra this year. Had my wife convinced and everything. Not happening this year. (I've seen them on Long Island enough times, want to see them in their hometown at least once).

Just about anything else this year. Haven't bothered to look at Ticketmaster. The situation is depressing enough as it is.

Edited by grep
  • Like 1

Charlotte NC:

Billy Joel.

Metallica.

I probably would have gone down to New Orleans to see Zebra this year. Had my wife convinced and everything. Not happening this year. (I've seen them on Long Island enough times, want to see them in their hometown at least once).

Just about anything else this year. Haven't bothered to look at Ticketmaster. The situation is depressing enough as it is.

No way Grep! You ROCK!!! You wanted to see ZEBRA? I love them! Randy Jackson is Legend. I had a ticket to see Zebra out here in Oakland but I didn't go. I still regret that. Couldn't pull it off.

I love this band. You are lucky you have seen them many times. I never have.

I too am learning during this Pandemic.

I am sooooooo grateful for all of the rock shows I have seen in my life. I am not bragging, it's my passion. I am almost at 900 concerts since 1982.

You can never see them all.

You can never buy every album on the planet, but grep I have tried.

Life goes on.

Very worried about my 7 concerts in July. Well forget two of them. Whitesnake is out. So now I'm down to five.

I just saw Night Ranger at The Fillmore play "Dawn Patrol" and "Midnight Madness" all the way though.

I am not going to drive to Mountain View and Wheatland Ca for Sammy Hagar. F that.

I will donate my tickets.

• Like 1

King Crimson

Roger Waters

Tempest

Primus

A Celebration of Neil Peart and Rush at Ardmore Music Hall

Didn't buy advance tickets to any because I had a feeling things were going to shake out as they have..