treeduck

If it's in US, we won't know . . . still very little testing!

You'll just get a bit of a cold and that'll be it. :cosmo:

Over 1000,000 dead in the states-----Really?

Welcome to the US....we're the f***ing McDonalds of Coronavirus.

Would you like to be infected with or without fries? Supersize infection today sir? And for the kids....a free plastic toy with every infection. You can use our convenient drive thru and get infected without even getting out of your car.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 1

Over 100,000 dead in the states-----Really?

Welcome to the US....we're the f***ing McDonalds of Coronavirus.

Would you like to be infected with or without fries? Supersize infection today sir?

Over 1.7 million served!

• Like 2

Over 1000,000 dead in the states-----Really?

What number is that? 1 million? It's a bit less than that.

I am sure you get the point.

No I don't. I posted that about two months ago. And I was right she's fine without a problem.

Ok, sorry about the number thing, I was looking at my bank account------stay safe.

:LOL:

Still have money left over? Fortunate soul. ;)

I thought NYC was really hit hard. Didn’t Mayor de Blasio threaten to pull people out of the water on Memorial Day weekend? Didn’t he tell Jews they better not gather at funerals? Awful quiet from all the “stay home stay safe” folks now.
  • Like 1

It's a bit of a false equivalence, though, isn't it? To peacefully protest because of injustice is different than just wanting to get out and get your drunk on. And there's no point in making reasonable appeals to people bent on rioting and destruction, so why bother? And lots of city leaders -- like in Atlanta and Chicago -- have told people to stay home.

It's a bit of a false equivalence, though, isn't it? To peacefully protest because of injustice is different than just wanting to get out and get your drunk on. And there's no point in making reasonable appeals to people bent on rioting and destruction, so why bother? And lots of city leaders -- like in Atlanta and Chicago -- have told people to stay home.

Have you seen the video of the guy almost stoned to death from Dallas? Didn’t look too peaceful to me.

Are Jews at a funeral whooping it up and getting drunk? I don’t know. But I would think it’s more important to them than stealing a laptop. But de Blasio seems to have been more concerned with the former.

• Like 2

Have you seen the video of the guy almost stoned to death from Dallas? Didn’t look too peaceful to me.

Are Jews at a funeral whooping it up and getting drunk? I don’t know. But I would think it’s more important to them than stealing a laptop. But de Blasio seems to have been more concerned with the former.

You mean this every so peaceful protest?

• Like 1

https://twitter.com/...ead-by-rioters/

Did they test the victim for COVID?

• Like 1

I haven't seen the Dallas video, no; I'm not trying to suggest it's all peaceful protesting, but some of it is. And some of it is stealing stuff and hurting people who have nothing at all to do with any of it. Those things are not equally justifiable. Hurting innocent people = always bad.

This is still the difference between stopping people (like Jews who want to attend funerals) who basically want to follow the law and stopping people who are intent on breaking the law. You can appeal to the first group -- "hey, please don't drive that fast around a school" -- but not the second. -- "You can't tell me how fast to drive, man!"

JUST AS AN EXPEDIENT ANALOGY, look at gun control: a good gun owner will obey the law, so laws will impact his or her decision making; somebody who doesn't give a damn about the law doesn't have to factor in what's "legal." The protesters are the same: the good ones will go home when it gets violent, the bad ones will not, and no amount of telling them will change that, so Di Blasio and others who know that are not wasting their breath.

Or maybe COVID awareness is a benefit of peace, and with no peace, public heath must take a backseat in the priorities, I suppose?

https://twitter.com/...ead-by-rioters/

Thats the guy. I hope he recovers, And de Blasio infamously warned NY’s Jews that if they kept holding large funerals the NYPD would break them up.

• Like 1

It's a bit of a false equivalence, though, isn't it? To peacefully protest because of injustice is different...

It wasn't different when people were protesting about violations of their 1st Amendment right to assemble. Why is it now?
  • Like 3

The protesters are the same: the good ones will go home when it gets violent,

You may want to explore the research on group dynamics.
  • Like 1

It's a bit of a false equivalence, though, isn't it? To peacefully protest because of injustice is different...

It wasn't different when people were protesting about violations of their 1st Amendment right to assemble. Why is it now?

With respect, limiting the right of assembly had at least the intention of impacting public health, so the "injustice" of it is of a different kind than protesting a murder, for which there can be no "greater good" argument.

I'm not intending to defend rioting, and I'm not trying to be difficult; I just disagree that the lack of COVID concern in the current environment is a sign of some moral failing or hypocrisy.

I haven't seen the Dallas video, no; I'm not trying to suggest it's all peaceful protesting, but some of it is. And some of it is stealing stuff and hurting people who have nothing at all to do with any of it. Those things are not equally justifiable. Hurting innocent people = always bad.

This is still the difference between stopping people (like Jews who want to attend funerals) who basically want to follow the law and stopping people who are intent on breaking the law. You can appeal to the first group -- "hey, please don't drive that fast around a school" -- but not the second. -- "You can't tell me how fast to drive, man!"

JUST AS AN EXPEDIENT ANALOGY, look at gun control: a good gun owner will obey the law, so laws will impact his or her decision making; somebody who doesn't give a damn about the law doesn't have to factor in what's "legal." The protesters are the same: the good ones will go home when it gets violent, the bad ones will not, and no amount of telling them will change that, so Di Blasio and others who know that are not wasting their breath.

Or maybe COVID awareness is a benefit of peace, and with no peace, public heath must take a backseat in the priorities, I suppose?

But 40 million jobs lost (very disproportionately affecting lower income individuals) isn't enough to have public health "to take a backseat"?

• Like 2

Why can Governor Walz tell business owners in Minneapolis not to sell their products because it’s too dangerous, and tell parishioners they can’t gather in church, if he won’t tell protestors not to gather and, in some cases, steal the business’s property?

• Like 1

With respect, limiting the right of assembly had at least the intention of impacting public health, so the "injustice" of it is of a different kind than protesting a murder, for which there can be no "greater good" argument.

I'm not intending to defend rioting, and I'm not trying to be difficult; I just disagree that the lack of COVID concern in the current environment is a sign of some moral failing or hypocrisy.

Protesting a murder falls under the exact same constitutional provision as gathering to bid a family member farewell in accordance with your faith.

• Like 2

But 40 million jobs lost (very disproportionately affecting lower income individuals) isn't enough to have public health "to take a backseat"?

Maybe the difference was in trying to prevent or diminish something potentially worse?

Maybe the difference was in trying to prevent or diminish something potentially worse?

You mean like rioting and burning shit down?

• Like 3

Which event where social distancing Isn’t practiced has a higher chance of causing collateral damage? A church service in Minneapolis today or what happened in Minneapolis last night?

Why can Governor Walz tell business owners in Minneapolis not to sell their products because it’s too dangerous, and tell parishioners they can’t gather in church, if he won’t tell protestors not to gather and, in some cases, steal the business’s property?

Why should anyone have to tell people that? Those groups of people are not analogous.

You mean like rioting and burning shit down?

Or what happened to the man in Dallas?