treeduck

I'll tell you what. You won the argument.

Have fun out there.

Now I'm going to go 'hide in my closet'. Avoid crowds - yeah, lay low for a while.

Fortunately the choices I've made in my life for the last 40 years have put me in a position where I can ride this out. Some short term sacrifice for the greater good, as well as my own.

See ya'll in 600 days. By then this little argument won't matter.

Why? What happens in 600 days?

I think we're going to have to wait a year and a half to find out.

Well shit.

• Like 1

Damnit JB! I'm not a big fan of Cheap Trick! That's a cheap trick dude! But ironically I love "Surrender!" LOL!!!

Good one.

Fudge.

I'm 1-2

I saw Cheap Trick in February 1986, they were supporting Motley Crue on the Theatre of Pain tour and they blew Crue offstage! Robin Zander joined them for a duet in the middle of the set and he really showed up Vince Meal! :oops: :LOL:

Hahahahahaha!!! "Vince Meal." Classic. Yeah, Cheap Trick is better live than in the studio. Sorry Pat, not my cup o tea. Bun E. Carlos does nothing for me. Anyone can play those chops.

I remember someone on here ripped Herman Rarebell apart for being a really bad drummer. I would take Herman Ze German over Bun E. Carlos any day.

Yeah but no one listens to Cheap Trick for the drums Earl, they're a pop band, they just need somebody to keep time. Pop bands are good too it's not all got to be prog. Listen to more than drums Earl don't be boring.

Exactly. I never think of Bun E whenver i think of or enjoy Cheap Trick. And whoever their drummer was in 2014 or so when i saw them i didn't care about, and it didn't matter either.

Damnit JB! I'm not a big fan of Cheap Trick! That's a cheap trick dude! But ironically I love "Surrender!" LOL!!!

Good one.

Fudge.

I'm 1-2

I saw Cheap Trick in February 1986, they were supporting Motley Crue on the Theatre of Pain tour and they blew Crue offstage! Robin Zander joined them for a duet in the middle of the set and he really showed up Vince Meal! :oops: :LOL:

Hahahahahaha!!! "Vince Meal." Classic. Yeah, Cheap Trick is better live than in the studio. Sorry Pat, not my cup o tea. Bun E. Carlos does nothing for me. Anyone can play those chops.

I remember someone on here ripped Herman Rarebell apart for being a really bad drummer. I would take Herman Ze German over Bun E. Carlos any day.

Yeah but no one listens to Cheap Trick for the drums Earl, they're a pop band, they just need somebody to keep time. Pop bands are good too it's not all got to be prog. Listen to more than drums Earl don't be boring.

Exactly. I never think of Bun E whenver i think of or enjoy Cheap Trick. And whoever their drummer was in 2014 or so when i saw them i didn't care about, and it didn't matter either.

That's it.

Oh and by the way Earl it was TICK who used to rip Rarebell, he hated the Scorpions because the drums are pedestrian. But again no one listens to the Scorpions for the drums, it's all about the guitar riffs and the vocals.

• Like 1

Have fun out there.

Now I'm going to go 'hide in my closet'. Avoid crowds - yeah, lay low for a while.

Fortunately the choices I've made in my life for the last 40 years have put me in a position where I can ride this out. Some short term sacrifice for the greater good, as well as my own.

I've read about this. I believe it's from CNN. Complete Nonsense Network. However, it could be true. They were saying that there will be no concerts or sporting events with fans until 2022.

There was a public health doctor on our news talking about this the other day. I guess the theory is that the mass contagion of a virus won't stop until about 60% of the population of an area has been exposed and has the antibodies.Haven't had a chance to read how scientific that information is. Best estimates are that only about 4% of people in the US have had it so far.

He was saying the exposure comes about by having Covid, or by getting exposed to it through a vaccine. I'm really hoping for a rapid vaccine for a lot of reasons, concerts included! Yasss! I grew up with someone who's a microbiologist, though, and she says the vaccine process takes awhile. (Another kid next door also turned out to be a smart economist guy. I'm pretty much the underachiever from my street :LOL: )

If people are waiting for a vaccine or herd immunity to happen before the get back to normal life, they may be waiting a while. While I am hopeful of a vaccine in the next 12 months, I am realistic in knowing the average length of time for a vaccine for a new virus is a lot longer than that. We are still waiting on an AIDS vaccine and it has been decades, no?

If only 4% in the U.S. have had it (I believe that number is actually much higher, but...) then that means 328,000,000 - 12,400,000 = 315,600,000 * 60% = 189,000,000 still need to get it before we were to hit "statistical immunity". At 30,000 new cases per day we should achieve that in only 17.4 short years.

OR, we could actually go out and enjoy our lives knowing this virus is out there (as well as many other risks out there in life) and we might realize this whole thing has been overblown when millions aren't dying in the streets...

In all seriousness, even I expected the numbers to double or so as things started to open up. I find it odd that states like Georgia and Texas and Florida (which has a very high elderly population) have been largely "open" for 3-4 weeks now, Ohio, Wisconsin, tons of states "open" for the past week or two including restaurants, yet we see the numbers flat or even dropping still.

I predict that the antibody tests in places like Santa Clara county (found 55-80 times the people actually have had it) and NYC (it was discovered recently that in NYC that a staggering 24% of people already have the antibody) are in indication that many more had this and just didn't know it, had no symptoms... Which means this was really a knee jerk reaction by the world with costs and implications that will hit us for a decade or more to come.

Think about it... Potentially 1 in every 5 people in NYC have had this already. https://www.livescience.com/covid-antibody-test-results-new-york-test.html

Have fun out there.

I've read about this. I believe it's from CNN. Complete Nonsense Network. However, it could be true. They were saying that there will be no concerts or sporting events with fans until 2022.

There was a public health doctor on our news talking about this the other day. I guess the theory is that the mass contagion of a virus won't stop until about 60% of the population of an area has been exposed and has the antibodies.Haven't had a chance to read how scientific that information is. Best estimates are that only about 4% of people in the US have had it so far.

He was saying the exposure comes about by having Covid, or by getting exposed to it through a vaccine. I'm really hoping for a rapid vaccine for a lot of reasons, concerts included! Yasss! I grew up with someone who's a microbiologist, though, and she says the vaccine process takes awhile. (Another kid next door also turned out to be a smart economist guy. I'm pretty much the underachiever from my street :LOL: )

If people are waiting for a vaccine or herd immunity to happen before the get back to normal life, they may be waiting a while. While I am hopeful of a vaccine in the next 12 months, I am realistic in knowing the average length of time for a vaccine for a new virus is a lot longer than that. We are still waiting on an AIDS vaccine and it has been decades, no?

If only 4% in the U.S. have had it (I believe that number is actually much higher, but...) then that means 328,000,000 - 12,400,000 = 315,600,000 * 60% = 189,000,000 still need to get it before we were to hit "statistical immunity". At 30,000 new cases per day we should achieve that in only 17.4 short years.

OR, we could actually go out and enjoy our lives knowing this virus is out there (as well as many other risks out there in life) and we might realize this whole thing has been overblown when millions aren't dying in the streets...

There's not been a vaccine for any coronavirus yet. There's none for SARS or MERS and none for the four strains (OC43, HKU1, 229E and NL63) responsible for 15% of common cold cases. There likely won't be one any time soon, maybe never.

• Like 2

Good one.

Fudge.

I'm 1-2

That's it.

Oh and by the way Earl it was TICK who used to rip Rarebell, he hated the Scorpions because the drums are pedestrian. But again no one listens to the Scorpions for the drums, it's all about the guitar riffs and the vocals.

I've never known any of the Scorpions' drummers until now. I've seen the names when i looked at album liner notes or whatever but the names have long been forgotten. The only names i remember are Schenker, Klaus, and Jabs.

We'll get a vaccine soon with computer technology.

explosive_instrumentation_3632.jpg

Damn you, Covid 19!!!

http://static3.cbrimages.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/kirk-mccoy-star-trek-featured.jpg

Dammit, Jim! I'm a doctor, not a computer technologist!

• Like 2

Good one.

Fudge.

I'm 1-2

That's it.

I've never known any of the Scorpions' drummers until now. I've seen the names when i looked at album liner notes or whatever but the names have long been forgotten. The only names i remember are Schenker, Klaus, and Jabs.

The latest guy is Mickey Dee who was in Motorhead for 20 years. His gig ended though with Lemmy's death so since then he's been playing with the Scorps.

Have fun out there.

I think we're going to have to wait a year and a half to find out.

Well shit.

Hey Maverick!!

I picked up TOP GUN on remastered blu-ray yesterday and watched it last night. The movie is still incredible. Will withstand the test of time!!!!

Good one.

Fudge.

I'm 1-2

Okay, let’s see if you can make your record 2-2 with this next one. I’ll make it easier though it’s not a gimme.

So this is a Van Halen tune which really fits into this shitdemic topic. What is it?

Don’t think too much.

Bonus hint: Given what you’ve said in this thread, you might have been saying these exact words not too long ago.

Hahaha! Right off the top of my head I want to say "Somebody Get Me A Doctor." I remember getting an email from David Lee Roth (generic email to all his fans) about the cancelling of his Vegas stint. He said... "Hey... somebody get me a doctor! Kidding! Take your whiskey home! Not kidding!"

Thought that was funny.......

"Where Have All The Good Times Gone?"

"Intruder"

"The Full Bug"

"Judgement Day"

Hey JB! I just looked at the SPOILER!!!! I GOT IT!!!

2-2 buddy!!!!

• Like 1

Have fun out there.

There's not been a vaccine for any coronavirus yet. There's none for SARS or MERS and none for the four strains (OC43, HKU1, 229E and NL63) responsible for 15% of common cold cases. There likely won't be one any time soon, maybe never.

So I have something to add about SARS. When I got my test results back it said I was tested for SARS-CoV-2 Antibody, IgG. I was confused when I saw SARS but I guess it's a strain of Covid? Not sure.

• Like 1

Have fun out there.

So I have something to add about SARS. When I got my test results back it said I was tested for SARS-CoV-2 Antibody, IgG. I was confused when I saw SARS but I guess it's a strain of Covid? Not sure.

Covid-19 is a second new strain of SARS, both are strains of human coronavirus.

Good one.

Fudge.

I'm 1-2

Okay, let’s see if you can make your record 2-2 with this next one. I’ll make it easier though it’s not a gimme.

So this is a Van Halen tune which really fits into this shitdemic topic. What is it?

Don’t think too much.

Bonus hint: Given what you’ve said in this thread, you might have been saying these exact words not too long ago.

Hahaha! Right off the top of my head I want to say "Somebody Get Me A Doctor." I remember getting an email from David Lee Roth (generic email to all his fans) about the cancelling of his Vegas stint. He said... "Hey... somebody get me a doctor! Kidding! Take your whiskey home! Not kidding!"

"Intruder"

"The Full Bug"

"Judgement Day"

2-2 buddy!!!!

Good!

I thought I’d give you a relatively easy one following “Surrender”. You’ll get more here and there in whatever thread depending if something immediately springs to mine

• Like 1

Good one.

Fudge.

I'm 1-2

Don’t think too much.

"Intruder"

"The Full Bug"

"Judgement Day"

2-2 buddy!!!!

Good!

I thought I’d give you a relatively easy one following “Surrender”. You’ll get more here and there in whatever thread depending if something immediately springs to mine

Thanks for the easier question! I love this game! Keep them coming buddy!

Have fun out there.

Covid-19 is a second new strain of SARS, both are strains of human coronavirus.

Makes sense.

Things are starting to tentatively open up around here.

I have no problem with the way things were handled in Canada -- at least in my (red)neck of the woods, although Quebec sent their elementary kids back to school this week, which seems a bit premature. Maybe they hate kids. :huh:

I'm sure someone will find these numbers inflated, and the colours saturated, but:

https://www.bbc.com/...reporting-story

Anyhoo, I'm very happy to be alive, and very happy not to have made anyone sick! :sundog:

In a situation like this, I'd rather that we over-reacted than under.

No, they did not send the kids back to school. They ended up deciding against it in the end.

They did? I thought the rural elementary students went back May 11. Dunno about the urban high-schoolers...

Just found this: https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/quebec-schools-reopen-after-covid-19-shutdown-with-emphasis-on-physical-distancing-hygiene-1.4933612

:huh:

Dude, I fuckking HATE STING. Just like I fuckking can't stand that cock ROGER WATERS! UGH!!!!!!!

FUCKK STING.

I love that Stewart hates his guts. I love when they fight. I want Stewie to really kick STING's ass one day. STUNG!!!! DUNG!!!! F YOU TOO STING!! F YOU ROGER WATERS!!!!

:cheers:

sting_duck.jpg?w=584

• Like 1

Dude, I fuckking HATE STING. Just like I fuckking can't stand that cock ROGER WATERS! UGH!!!!!!!

FUCKK STING.

I love that Stewart hates his guts. I love when they fight. I want Stewie to really kick STING's ass one day. STUNG!!!! DUNG!!!! F YOU TOO STING!! F YOU ROGER WATERS!!!!

:cheers:

sting_duck.jpg?w=584

Hahahahaha!!!

Love ya VTR!!!!

• Like 1