treeduck

I’m in great shape.

When was the last time you tested your BMI?

I walk many miles a day

Lift weights at home

Play drums

Drumming is the best workout

I weight 187

I’m 6 foot 2 inches.

My BMI is between 150-195.

I’m fine.

Fast food and drinking soda is the Devil’s Work.

What about testing your ASCAP or SESAC in relation here?

Wow RFF!!!

You have blown my mind.

I honestly wish I had a lot on the table to share with my musical and poetic and drumming side of life.

I get it and I loved clicking on that link and scanning that page.

I wish.

I always wanted to be a drummer in a famous rock band.

I always wanted to write screenplays.

I can write good poetry but heck I majored in English.

So, had to choose the safer path of life.

Safeway.

College.

Marriage.

2 daughters.

Running a business or two or three with my awesome dad.

But I as a common man have always had the luck of still playing the drums daily.

Writing every night with a few beers in me. It helps me write. Seriously.

I am no 52 my friend. Age is just a number. I don't look 52 and as many of you on here know I act 18. LOL!!!!!!

You know, typing on a forum is just like texting. I am sure many people on here who never got to know me thought I was just a whack job. However, most of the time I just like to have fun and be silly.

But with no true emotion attached, humans who are merely strangers to me take offense to my late night rants and raging ridiculous rumblings. Just really letting loose and having fun!

But enough! It is what it is!!

You know me RFF! So all is good in the Rush Woods.

It's funny. I was reading about Nashville in that link you posted.

I am seriously thinking about heading to Nashville.

Buy a nice house. Turn the garage into a studio.

Perhaps get a band to play on the weekends downtown for fun.

Then actually network and try to get into the recording business as a session drummer.

I know I'm older and the competition is fierce.

But hey, I can play my drums to every RUSH record.

Laying down country, blues or straight rock would be a breeze.

"Call Me The Breeze." LOL!!!

I'm Eazy E!

Rush On!!!

Move this thread to SOCN

I hope not. It’s only natural that this topic would creep into other parts of TRF.

Over 88000 people have passed away from Covid 19 in the USA so far through May 17th.

It's a horrific and sad number.

However, almost 62,000 people die from the flu every year in the USA.

How come no one ever watches the news or follows the numbers on that viral tragedy??????

Do you really think they are going to find a vaccine for COVID-19????

This is WAAAAAY different folks.

So basically they are going to make a vaccine for 19 that is essentially like a cliche yearly flu shot.

Well that's not going to be 100% effective.

Do the math.

The Coronavirus vaccine will probably only be 33.3% effective.

I have never taken a flu shot and I never will.

Now as many of you know I was deathly ill back on Feb 9th 2020.

I thought I had the virus before everyone started to get serious about it.

It could have just been a hardcore flu. Yes, I wanted to die. Couldn't eat. Couldn't taste. Only drank liquids for 4 days.

Had chills. Had a slight fever. Slept 21 hours a day. Had a horrific weird ass cough.

Never had a problem breathing though.

So my point is.

Tuesday I am going to Labcorp to get the Covid Antibody Test.

I hope I am positive!!!

I will surely let you know!!!

If I'm positive, then f**k it..... I'm going to Maui for a month.

Kidding.

Mahalo!

You had Captain Tripps Earl!

I will know my test results this Friday!!! I will let you know!!!

I love the idea of if you want to risk going to a large gathering then that’s your right to do so. Not.

What about your family, what’s the risk you are putting them in? Even if you live alone you’ve heightened your risk of catching it and therefore increased the risk of giving it to someone else (do you still work? Public transport? Etc) and that someone else could get seriously ill with it and die.

That’s a great way to manage the risk for other people. Not. Don’t they call this sociopathy?

A good part of the U.S. is now testing what the results of doing those things will be, things may turn out alright, or Mexico might gladly end up paying to finish that wall.

"All in all it's just another brick in the wall......."

Vai doesn't look all that different from the Crossroads days even though he's 60 now.

Well Pat. He is the Devil.

Satan never ages.

Makes sense to me.

I still like Vai's old stuff, the David Lee Roth stuff, Alcatrazz, Whitesnake and his earlier solo albums, Flexable, Passion & Warfare, Sex & Religion, but after that he lost his way for me with his patchy albums with weak tunes and bad singing. Listening to that song there from his 1995 mini album Alien Love Secrets, the song and his playing and his overall style sounds way too gimmicky to me now. There's not much to that song and the soloing lacks balls and is too effects-heavy. His last good album was that live album from 2001 which he recorded on tour with first time performances during gigs. I liked how he based each song on each city of the world he was in which forced him to use his imagination to come up with different chords and weird scales instead of the standard Vai tapping licks and riffs. Since then in the last 20 years he's released 2 more weak albums, about 50 compilation albums and about 20 live albums, so he's fresh out of ideas altogether now.

Well we are brothers Pat. I feel the same way about VAI. He totally lost me after "Sex & Religion." Don't forget the ep "Alien Love Secrets." I liked it. I have a Japan cd pressing first pressing with guitar pick.

He needs to do another album like that Live Zone from 2001 or whatever it's called, that's his only hope. And there was no singing on it which was a bonus because he can't sing live!

• Like 1

Vai doesn't look all that different from the Crossroads days even though he's 60 now.

Satan never ages.

Makes sense to me.

I still like Vai's old stuff, the David Lee Roth stuff, Alcatrazz, Whitesnake and his earlier solo albums, Flexable, Passion & Warfare, Sex & Religion, but after that he lost his way for me with his patchy albums with weak tunes and bad singing. Listening to that song there from his 1995 mini album Alien Love Secrets, the song and his playing and his overall style sounds way too gimmicky to me now. There's not much to that song and the soloing lacks balls and is too effects-heavy. His last good album was that live album from 2001 which he recorded on tour with first time performances during gigs. I liked how he based each song on each city of the world he was in which forced him to use his imagination to come up with different chords and weird scales instead of the standard Vai tapping licks and riffs. Since then in the last 20 years he's released 2 more weak albums, about 50 compilation albums and about 20 live albums, so he's fresh out of ideas altogether now.

Well we are brothers Pat. I feel the same way about VAI. He totally lost me after "Sex & Religion." Don't forget the ep "Alien Love Secrets." I liked it. I have a Japan cd pressing first pressing with guitar pick.

He needs to do another album like that Live Zone from 2001 or whatever it's called, that's his only hope. And there was no singing on it which was a bonus because he can't sing live!

I agree.

• Like 1

Satan never ages.

Makes sense to me.

I agree.

Earl how do you feel about The Police today, the band that is. Also how do you feel about the 70's Jeff Beck albums and the one from 1980?

Satan never ages.

Makes sense to me.

I agree.

Earl how do you feel about The Police today, the band that is. Also how do you feel about the 70's Jeff Beck albums and the one from 1980?

I just went through a big The Police phase a few weeks ago. Hell yes Pat, I love them. I love all five studio albums. The weakest being "Ghost In The Machine." Dude, you know that Stewart is my top three drummer of all time right? I love The Police.

I love Jeff Beck too. You must have a video camera the size of a pinhead in my living room. I also just went through a Jeff Beck phase. I love all the Jeff Beck stuff. Including the two with Rod on vocals.

Then the solo stuff with Cozy on the drums. I love the instrumental albums. "There And Back" with Simon on the drums is a masterpiece. "Space Boogie" baby!!

I even dig "Jeff Beck's Guitar Shop" with Bozzio on the kit.

If it's in US, we won't know . . . still very little testing!

There's over 4000 confirmed cases in 49 states. It's definitely here and certainly should be a concern but it's not time for a full on panic yet. They're taking the proper measures I believe in the limitations they've made in my state when it comes to big get togethers. It's gonna be different for a while but we'll get back to some normalcy soon enough.

I think people are overreacting over here actually. At least it doesn't make total sense why everything's shutting down indefinitely for this one, but Swine Flu and Bird Flu and Sars and Ebola and ever other major health scare of the past 20 years didn't have half this effect. But oh well, people overreacting is probably what will keep the US from winding up like China in this mess...

I don't think history is going to be particularly kind to this post.

i think history will mark it as on point, with COVID running the course of the '57-58 and '68-'69 pandemics, which respectively took over 100,000 US lives and over a million globally. Why are these pandemics largely forgotten? The world didn't react to nature like a bunch of lunatics.
  • Like 1

Why are these pandemics largely forgotten?

It is human nature to forget the past. Over time, even the most important events become mere chapters in a history book, and then legend and myth. Modern society, unfortunately, has conditioned people to forget the past faster than usual.

The world didn't react to nature like a bunch of lunatics.

A bad side effect from being so prosperous, healthy, wealthy and spoiled for the past 50 years. Too many of us don't know how to react. Our tabloid news media is a major cause of the lunacy, as they make millions from promoting and instigating controversies, scandals and crises. Just my opinion, but our national news networks have become a major cancer in our society.

When was the last time that we had a true national disaster? The AIDS epidemic and the September 11th attacks didn't come close. The past hurricane disasters were regional - not national. Most people could just say, "It's someone else's problem." We can't say that anymore (although some dimwits still do...).

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 3

Satan never ages.

Makes sense to me.

I agree.

I just went through a big The Police phase a few weeks ago. Hell yes Pat, I love them. I love all five studio albums. The weakest being "Ghost In The Machine." Dude, you know that Stewart is my top three drummer of all time right? I love The Police.

I love Jeff Beck too. You must have a video camera the size of a pinhead in my living room. I also just went through a Jeff Beck phase. I love all the Jeff Beck stuff. Including the two with Rod on vocals.

Then the solo stuff with Cozy on the drums. I love the instrumental albums. "There And Back" with Simon on the drums is a masterpiece. "Space Boogie" baby!!

I'm not so keen on the Beck albums with the group, I don't like that singer although obviously Cozy is on there. I prefer Truth, Beck-Ola, Wired and Blow By Blow. And There and Back but some people like to diss that album for some reason. And I do like Guitar Shop as well, I got that when it was first released with SRV's In Step and Steve Morse's High Tension Wires, what a guitar batch that was!

I'm not big on Sting I think he's a self-important douche nozzle who hates people winning the lottery because they might catch up with his bank account. That's what keeps him up at night, people playing Powerball! It's his biggest nightmare. I haven't got any Police albums I should probably bag the 5 studio albums I could probably get them for £20.

• Like 1

If it's in US, we won't know . . . still very little testing!

There's over 4000 confirmed cases in 49 states. It's definitely here and certainly should be a concern but it's not time for a full on panic yet. They're taking the proper measures I believe in the limitations they've made in my state when it comes to big get togethers. It's gonna be different for a while but we'll get back to some normalcy soon enough.

I think people are overreacting over here actually. At least it doesn't make total sense why everything's shutting down indefinitely for this one, but Swine Flu and Bird Flu and Sars and Ebola and ever other major health scare of the past 20 years didn't have half this effect. But oh well, people overreacting is probably what will keep the US from winding up like China in this mess...

I don't think history is going to be particularly kind to this post.

i think history will mark it as on point, with COVID running the course of the '57-58 and '68-'69 pandemics, which respectively took over 100,000 US lives and over a million globally. Why are these pandemics largely forgotten? The world didn't react to nature like a bunch of lunatics.

Social media wasn't around back then. With this pandemic everyone has a way to freak out for all to see. Once the outcry of "cancel everything" started a few months ago it was inevitable that everything was going to shutdown. The NBA cancelling the season insured people were going to freak out about it. If twitter and Facebook were around during those other pandemics, the reaction of the people would have been the same. Too many sources of information out there now as well. People don't really know what to believe. Back when it was just radio and tv giving us our info, people were more willing to accept things at face value and not go crazy like they are right now.

• Like 1

It is human nature to forget the past. Over time, even the most important events become mere chapters in a history book, and then legend and myth. Modern society, unfortunately, has conditioned people to forget the past faster than usual.

I disagree that it's human nature to forget the past. I believe it's the exact opposite of what goes on. You make bonds because you need something AND you remember the past. Who do you trust? Part of that is based on your memory of who was good to you and who screwed you over.

Someone fears dogs because decades ago as a small child they were bit by a dog.

People hold grudges for decades.

Countries hold grudges for centuries.

Individuals remember past loves and mentally hold on to people who might've been brief in their lives, yet memorable nonetheless.

Now, we might distort some of those memories. Or misinterpret pieces of memory. But yeah, i totally disagree that it's human nature to forget the past.

There's also an exponentially greater number of people on the planet, so a mortality rate of "only" 1% today means deaths from a pandemic now number in the millions in the US, and tens of millions globally. 0.5 - 1% with covid-19 are if we do everything right.

Satan never ages.

Makes sense to me.

I agree.

I'm not so keen on the Beck albums with the group, I don't like that singer although obviously Cozy is on there. I prefer Truth, Beck-Ola, Wired and Blow By Blow. And There and Back but some people like to diss that album for some reason. And I do like Guitar Shop as well, I got that when it was first released with SRV's In Step and Steve Morse's High Tension Wires, what a guitar batch that was!

I'm not big on Sting I think he's a self-important douche nozzle who hates people winning the lottery because they might catch up with his bank account. That's what keeps him up at night, people playing Powerball! It's his biggest nightmare. I haven't got any Police albums I should probably bag the 5 studio albums I could probably get them for £20.

I understand you completely. We were born from the same cloth. I bought Guitar Shop, In Step and High Tension Wires at the same time as well. We are crazy in a great way Pat.

Who gives a fuckk what people think.

I wouldn't change a thing Pat.

People diss "There And Back?" They must be snorting crack cocaine with whiskey.

Dude, I fuckking HATE STING. Just like I fuckking can't stand that cock ROGER WATERS! UGH!!!!!!!

You nailed STING to a tee, but I can't help it. I love The Police.

I can't stand all these wankers and their ultra liberal views and political agendas. HYPOCRITICAL GREED MONGERS!!! I just WANT TO HEAR THE MUSIC!!!!!

If STING is such a wonderful human being he should be giving a lot of his money to charity. Homelessness. Covid survivors. Abused animals.

FUCKK STING.

I love that Stewart hates his guts. I love when they fight. I want Stewie to really kick STING's ass one day. STUNG!!!! DUNG!!!! F YOU TOO STING!! F YOU ROGER WATERS!!!!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

So speaking of which Rush Gang!

WHERE IS THE NEW "WE ARE THE WORLD" SINGLE AND VIDEO????

Can't get a gathering of bored millionaire musicians in a studio to record a song to help defeat COVID?

Self isolate each star in their homes, but record them.

Put it all together in a fancy video and single and stream it for a fee.

All proceeds help all of humanity during this Pandemic.

If an idiot like me can think of this, then why isn't this being done. LOL!

I'm not an idiot.

I am fuckking smart.

A smart ass. LOL!!

• Like 2

Satan never ages.

Makes sense to me.

I agree.

I understand you completely. We were born from the same cloth. I bought Guitar Shop, In Step and High Tension Wires at the same time as well. We are crazy in a great way Pat.

Dude, I fuckking HATE STING. Just like I fuckking can't stand that cock ROGER WATERS! UGH!!!!!!!

I can't stand all these wankers and their ultra liberal views and political agendas. HYPOCRITICAL GREED MONGERS!!! I just WANT TO HEAR THE MUSIC!!!!!

If STING is such a wonderful human being he should be giving a lot of his money to charity. Homelessness. Covid survivors. Abused animals.

FUCKK STING.

I love that Stewart hates his guts. I love when they fight. I want Stewie to really kick STING's ass one day. STUNG!!!! DUNG!!!! F YOU TOO STING!! F YOU ROGER WATERS!!!!

Yeah Sting is a t**t, but I think he became the kind of smug preachy little bastard after he left the Police. So I think it's ok to like the Police but I draw the line at his crap poser "jazz" solo albums.

We're insane for great music! Around that time I also got Steve Lukather's first solo album Steve Stevens Atomic Playboys, and I must have got Whitesnake's Slip of the Tongue too, I think I got the Steve albums on the same day, I'm not sure if it was before the SRV, Jeff Beck, Steve Morse batch or after. I remember I recorded the Lukather and Slip of the Tongue on the same cassette tape, so it must have been around the same time.

• Like 1

Can't get a gathering of bored millionaire musicians in a studio to record a song to help defeat COVID?

I'm not an idiot.

I am fuckking smart.

A smart ass. LOL!!

The Stones already released one, but they're keeping the money for themselves.

I'm not an idiot.

I am fuckking smart.

A smart ass. LOL!!

Take this instead:

• Like 1

I disagree that it's human nature to forget the past. I believe it's the exact opposite of what goes on. You make bonds because you need something AND you remember the past. Who do you trust? Part of that is based on your memory of who was good to you and who screwed you over.

Individuals remember past loves and mentally hold on to people who might've been brief in their lives, yet memorable nonetheless.

Now, we might distort some of those memories. Or misinterpret pieces of memory. But yeah, i totally disagree that it's human nature to forget the past.

You're discussing individuals and their personal histories.

I'm talking about people forgetting past events that haven't directly affected them. How many people even knew about the 1918 Influenza pandemic before it was mentioned this Spring? Do people in Wisconsin or Idaho still care about the 9-11 attacks? Unless it directly affected them, that event is fading away. World War II is just a few pages in a book for most of us. The people who personally experienced that horror are almost all gone.

In general, if it hasn't affected people personally, a huge disaster will be forgotten. It's just a matter of time.

• Like 1

Satan never ages.

Makes sense to me.

I agree.

FUCKK STING.

Yeah Sting is a t**t, but I think he became the kind of smug preachy little bastard after he left the Police. So I think it's ok to like the Police but I draw the line at his crap poser "jazz" solo albums.

We're insane for great music! Around that time I also got Steve Lukather's first solo album Steve Stevens Atomic Playboys, and I must have got Whitesnake's Slip of the Tongue too, I think I got the Steve albums on the same day, I'm not sure if it was before the SRV, Jeff Beck, Steve Morse batch or after. I remember I recorded the Lukather and Slip of the Tongue on the same cassette tape, so it must have been around the same time.

You and I are nuts. I just bought the Los Lobotomys Japan Live Cd. Simon Phillips. Also Baked Potato Live! Jeff Pocaro on drums. All Steven dude. We are brothers.

People on here just let us type our jam because we rock.

Slip Of The Tongue Rules. Saw the tour.

• Like 1

I'm not an idiot.

I am fuckking smart.

A smart ass. LOL!!

Take this instead:

Hahaha! I couldn't guess this! YES! I LOVE THIS VIDEO!!!!!!! EPIC!!

I'm talking about people forgetting past events that haven't directly affected them. How many people even knew about the 1918 Influenza pandemic before it was mentioned this Spring? Do people in Wisconsin or Idaho still care about the 9-11 attacks? Unless it directly affected them, that event is fading away. World War II is just a few pages in a book for most of us. The people who personally experienced that horror are almost all gone.

In general, if it hasn't affected people personally, a huge disaster will be forgotten. It's just a matter of time.

Yes, to this.

Individual people are good at associating with elements from their own past, but as a society, the collective past is a foreign country. There's a reason the theme of Holocaust remembrance, as an example, is "Never Forget" and it's not because we're good at remembering things. "Those who do not know history . . ." etc? There is lots of evidence we are forgetful.

Maybe it's TV or social media, maybe it's literacy at all: now we consign history to writing that few will ever read.

The S&L collapse of the late '80s didn't serve enough to warn anybody important about the dot-com bubble of the late '90s, which wasn't enough to warn anybody important about the housing bubble of the mid-aughts, and this pandemic response will probably be a missed teachable moment for the next disease spike.

I was on your point about human nature. And I see nothing you’ve said related to human nature. Besides individuals, I also mentioned countries holding grudges.

Your point about “being directly affected” makes sense. But your mention of the Spanish flu is more about being taught or not taught that event by the generation or two before you. That’s more about education or lack of one than human nature.