treeduck

I have a friend who crochets those masks. She puts a pocket for a filter on the back and it works well.

Cuz 120 degrees inside ain't enough?

If the crocheted mask is hot the person making it is using the wrong yarn. Light cotton yarn is key.

Himalayan yak or nothing!
  • Like 2

I have a friend who crochets those masks. She puts a pocket for a filter on the back and it works well.

Cuz 120 degrees inside ain't enough?

If the crocheted mask is hot the person making it is using the wrong yarn. Light cotton yarn is key.

Himalayan yak or nothing!

:LOL:

I just imagined you wearing a Himalayan yak yarn mask, sweating bullets and ready to pass out right before proclaiming “This mask works great!”

:LOL:

I honestly didn't know whether to laugh or cry this morning. I was talking to my very elderly mom (haven't been able to visit yet :( ) and she says, "Our neighbor crocheted a mask for me!"

x9uf0Owm.jpg

WTF? There's holes all over those things! :LOL: :LOL: Luckily my mom said it is itchy and she is not planning on wearing it!

She lives next to Alyssa Milano?

:LOL: I had seen that! (My husband wishes! :LOL:)

I haven’t seen that. So what is it? Milano in some skimpy crochet bikini top or, even better, bottom?

:LOL: Sadly for you guys, this is what I saw . . . her kids are cute, though!

ZFIvolbm.png

I honestly didn't know whether to laugh or cry this morning. I was talking to my very elderly mom (haven't been able to visit yet :( ) and she says, "Our neighbor crocheted a mask for me!"

x9uf0Owm.jpg

WTF? There's holes all over those things! :LOL: :LOL: Luckily my mom said it is itchy and she is not planning on wearing it!

I haven’t seen that. So what is it? Milano in some skimpy crochet bikini top or, even better, bottom?

http://i.imgur.com/ZFIvolbm.png

Damn her! It should’ve been Milano in the mid-late 90s sportin’ a crotched thong!

• Like 2

x9uf0Owm.jpg

Damn her! It should’ve been Milano in the mid-late 90s sportin’ a crotched thong!

:LOL: I meant “crotcheted” thong. :LOL:

Crotched thong / crotcheted thong, as long as twenty-something Milano is wearing one. :LOL:

• Like 2

x9uf0Owm.jpg

Crotched thong / crotcheted thong, as long as twenty-something Milano is wearing one. :LOL:

:LOL: :lol: :LOL:

x9uf0Owm.jpg

Bless your Mom's neighbor, her heart was in the right place. Here's more about Milano's mask which does look similar these pictures.

Milano was quick to tamp down the criticism.

“Mask has a carbon filter in it,” she wrote. “So, yes, it might be crochet but totally safe.” She also supplied a screenshot of the carbon filter she bought to put inside her mask. She also told another user that the mask was made by her mom.

Others jumped onto the thread in support of crochet masks, saying that as long as they have a carbon filter inside, they are completely effective. One commenter even supplied a photo of what a crochet mask with a carbon filter looks like from the inside.

• Like 1

x9uf0Owm.jpg

You are hilarious JB. Nice Freudian Slip. LOL!

• Like 3

x9uf0Owm.jpg

I wanted her for a solid two decades so that explains it. :LOL:

• Like 1

x9uf0Owm.jpg

I wanted her for a solid two decades so that explains it. :LOL:

Hahahahaha! I get it I get it!!

"I Can't Explain" 2020!

Love,

THE WHO

Not seeing many #covidiots postings accompanying videos of rioters. I guess the virus can’t be transmitted while looting a CVS.

Oh, it can and it likely already has. We're f***ed.

Not seeing many #covidiots postings accompanying videos of rioters. I guess the virus can’t be transmitted while looting a CVS.

Oh for f**k sake here we go again...

Exactly...watch for that next peak.

Like when you said three weeks ago that Wisconsin was f***ed? Remember that? And Texas and Florida, and Georgia, and Ohio which have largely been "reopened" for 4-6 weeks? Even I expected the numbers to go double (which isn't saying much - to go from a whopping 500 cases to 1000 cases a day) - but even that hasn't happened. Is there any point that you will admit you are wrong and are simply peddling more fear?

Also still waiting for your response:

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/109300-who-has-the-virus-tell-us-when-you-get-it/page__st__800#entry4769342

You also never told us what exactly was going to happen "in 600 days": http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/109300-who-has-the-virus-tell-us-when-you-get-it/page__st__800#entry4769850

On March 17th, now 10+ weeks ago, you posted:

That's the mindset that will get people killed. The time to react is a month ago. We should have been hunkering down then. If we all did, then this thing would have had a fair chance of dying out by now. Instead we are at least one order of magnitude worse off (amount of spread) than we were. It will keep spreading unchecked unless we limit humans contact with each other.

I cannot conceive of people's inability to understand these simple concepts.

Let's come back to this post in a month. We'll see who's right.

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/109300-who-has-the-virus-tell-us-when-you-get-it/#entry4739998

Remember that? Remember how you continuously harassed Narps here even after he left the board because of you and your bullshit as the number went up (although not nearly like you claimed they would)?

So here I am, not a month later (although I did request your input then too but you didn't reply), but almost 3 months later. So who is right so far grep?

Even I thought the numbers would increase as things opened up and they really haven't. Doesn't that make you pause at all and rethink your blind fear?

• Like 1

And just to add, grep - even if it HAD gone up tenfold and the hospitals had been overwhelmed, staying inside and waiting for a vaccine is not valid. As I posted earlier, how is that AIDS vaccine coming along? What about the malaria vaccine? Nope none for that either... And if the US has 30,000 new cases per day it seems to me that it would take almost 25 years to get herd immunity. So are you going to stay in until a vaccine comes along or we get herd immunity?

My bullshit huh? This, coming from an admin.

if you're going to say that I'm peddling fear, then I'm going to say that you're POV is minimizing the problem. We're on opposite ends of the spectrum here, friend.

I still think, from watching this particular virus grow from nothing in January, that this is a population killer. You think, as I interpret it, that while it's a problem it's not nearly as bad as that.

>>Even I thought the numbers would increase as things opened up and they really haven't. Doesn't that make you pause at all and rethink your blind fear?

3 or 4 weeks from symptoms to death. Let's see. Assuming the states don't fudge/hide numbers.

And just to add, grep - even if it HAD gone up tenfold and the hospitals had been overwhelmed, staying inside and waiting for a vaccine is not valid. As I posted earlier, how is that AIDS vaccine coming along? What about the malaria vaccine? Nope none for that either... And if the US has 30,000 new cases per day it seems to me that it would take almost 25 years to get herd immunity. So are you going to stay in until a vaccine comes along or we get herd immunity?

I'm not planning on dying anytime soon. I've fought too hard to get along and survive this far. Not gonna' let this thing take me out.

My bullshit huh? This, coming from an admin.

if you're going to say that I'm peddling fear, then I'm going to say that you're POV is minimizing the problem. We're on opposite ends of the spectrum here, friend.

I still think, from watching this particular virus grow from nothing in January, that this is a population killer. You think, as I interpret it, that while it's a problem it's not nearly as bad as that.

>>Even I thought the numbers would increase as things opened up and they really haven't. Doesn't that make you pause at all and rethink your blind fear?

3 or 4 weeks from symptoms to death. Let's see. Assuming the states don't fudge/hide numbers.

What does my being an admin have to do with your bullshit here?

Yes, we are on opposite ends of the spectrum. You are peddling fear, you follow around and harrass a good member like Narps and when he ends up being right you double down with no evidence at all. In fact, the evidence is against your fear mongering point of view, as the numbers continue to go down - and we are testing the f**k out of people yet they are STILL going down. Facts are not on your side. The flu could also be considered a population killer. As I have said before, with 875,000 death per year alone from heart disease, that would also be a population killer, right?

3-4 weeks from symptoms to death? No, that isn't accurate either, but let's say it is. So why have states like Georgia, Florida, Texas, Wisconsin, Ohio, etc seen their death numbers drop when most of those states have been largely open, even restaurants? Still doesn't give you any pause, huh?

So what exactly is your prediction for "600 days from now"?

And again, what are you waiting for exactly? A vaccine? See my post above about that. Herd immunity? See my post about that. The effect on the world economy on this has been FAR worse than the virus itself. Period.

• Like 1

I'm not planning on dying anytime soon. I've fought too hard to get along and survive this far. Not gonna' let this thing take me out.

Well if you consider hiding in your house and not doing anything but cowering in fear "living" then live away. That's your choice and I support you choosing whatever you choose to do. Just don't dictate that I have to live with the same baseless fear as you.

Well if you consider hiding in your house and not doing anything but cowering in fear "living" then live away. That's your choice and I support you choosing whatever you choose to do. Just don't dictate that I have to live with the same baseless fear as you.

This is great. you don't know exactly how I'm handling it, what my strategy and tactics are specifically. You keep asking, I'll keep being evasive. :)

Georgia largely opened on April 27.

Texas? April 28

Florida? May 15

Wisconsin (remember your fear mongering with the packed bars, people in crowds?) - May 14.

Seems we are already 3-4+ weeks on these states (and many more I have not even mentioned)

Do you want to revise your 3-4 week apocalypse prediction?

This is great. you don't know exactly how I'm handling it, what my strategy and tactics are specifically. You keep asking, I'll keep being evasive. :)

Because you are a fear mongering tool. If you had any facts on your side, you would be happily spraying them out right here. I'm sure when the numbers to go up (yep! Even I think they will potentially!) you will come here and say the world is ending.

I'll be alive in 600 days.

Don't be so sure. Sitting on your ass in your house can contribute to a much bigger killer - heart disease.

Then why haven't Drs. Fauci and Birx been on TV telling people the risk they're creating? Why when I watch the news coverage of the riots don't I hear much talk about the lack of "social distancing?" Last night here in the Boston area protestors gathered in a group larger than 10 (by about 500) outside a Boston Police station. One officer took a knee at the protestors' request and held hands with some of the protestors. The news anchor showing the footage talked about how poignant the moment was. Of course, on my morning run I still see people cross the street to avoid being less than 10 yards away from another person.

My point is more about the rank hypocrisy here. Are the authorities only going to enforce the rules against people who are inclined to follow them? 5000 protestors aren't being called #covidiots but 20 people in a pool are? Why is that?

I guess we'll know in 2 weeks.