Journey fire Smith and Valory

Xanadoood

File under: a band who should have retired 35 years ago. Who in their right mind would go support them after this? Shit like this makes you appreciate the way Rush went about their career even more.

https://www.loudersound.com/news/journey-sack-steve-smith-and-ross-valory

• Like 6

The article indicates that Smith and Valory attempted to take over Nightmare Productions, and hence the Journey Brand, to ensure themselves of a revenue stream after they stopped performing. I guess both have few song writing credits to their name, and presumably the ir income was tied to touring rather than royalties.

If that's the case, they should have been fired.

• Like 2

File under: a band who should have retired 35 years ago. Who in their right mind would go support them after this? Shit like this makes you appreciate the way Rush went about their career even more.

Maybe Smith and Valory are assholes?

Yet they’re not married to this crazy aunt Lydia. I don’t care if you’re pro choice or not or pro 45 or not, this is psychobabble bs. Don’t stop believing if it helps you sleep better, wacko. She reminds me of Marcia Gay Harden in Stephen King’s The Mist.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 2

No, they are actually the nicer guys. The other 2 are the assholes. Still, as much as they have toured in the last 20 years without Steve Perry you think that they would have squirreled away enough for retirement.

• Like 3

Schon seems to be losing it. Big time.

His lawyer's statement reads like someone very paranoid is behind it.

The article indicates that Smith and Valory attempted to take over Nightmare Productions, and hence the Journey Brand, to ensure themselves of a revenue stream after they stopped performing. I guess both have few song writing credits to their name, and presumably the ir income was tied to touring rather than royalties.

I agree with you, but it seems like a bizarre charge nonetheless. Steve Smith just came back to the band after a 20 year absence! And then he tries to take over the publishing? I doubt that.

Seems that Schon is trying to stonewall them from having any claims to royalties.

• Like 3

https://www.louderso...and-ross-valory

Yet they’re not married to this crazy aunt Lydia. I don’t care if you’re pro choice or not or pro 45 or not, this is psychobabble bs. Don’t stop believing if it helps you sleep better, wacko. She reminds me of Marcia Gay Harden in Stephen King’s The Mist.

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Hvc7TDJhksA[/media]

And Schon is married to this loon!

250px-President_Barack_Obama_greets_Michaele_and_Tareq_Salahi.jpg

• Like 1

25526194-8073933-image-a-59_1583326594589.jpg

Maybe Perry, Valory, and Smith should make their own outfit and use a totally brand new name. Or just Perry’s name or a combo of the three.

They'll never do that because the big money is in the name. If they changed the name or formed a new band profits would drop by 90%. For most fans of these big bands the name is everything. This is why Queen are still touring as Queen and not the Brian May Roger Taylor Band, which is what they really are.

• Like 1

They want royalties and they aim to get them!

Maybe Perry, Valory, and Smith should make their own outfit and use a totally brand new name. Or just Perry’s name or a combo of the three.

They'll never do that because the big money is in the name. If they changed the name or formed a new band profits would drop by 90%. For most fans of these big bands the name is everything. This is why Queen are still touring as Queen and not the Brian May Roger Taylor Band, which is what they really are.

I can’t stand seeing and hearing Paul Rodgers sing for them. For one thing, he’s a total bore as a front man, and secondly, he’s not Freddy Mercury.

No one but Freddy should sing for “Queen”.

Yeah, that popped into my head as well when I read this thread. And, hallmark of being nice people in an adult committed relationship, they broadcast the ceremony on pay per view. Who says romance is dead?

• Like 2

Yeah, that popped into my head as well when I read this thread. And, hallmark of being nice people in an adult committed relationship, they broadcast the ceremony on pay per view. Who says romance is dead?

who would pay for that, lol

Actually i know who would.....it should be WHY, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Once you change your band members ..the band name should chaNGE. I use to like Journey..the Perry era.

What should Rush have changed to?

Rush could have changed to slow down, lol

Dad joke.

lol

Mick

• Like 4

I can’t stand seeing and hearing Paul Rodgers sing for them. For one thing, he’s a total bore as a front man, and secondly, he’s not Freddy Mercury.

He's also all wrong for them because his style is based on American blues and Mercury's style is based on opera, Victorian music hall and 50's rock n roll.

• Like 2

He's also all wrong for them because his style is based on American blues and Mercury's style is based on opera, Victorian music hall and 50's rock n roll.

Rogers hasn’t sat in with Queen I years, over a decade I think.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

Rodgers hasn’t sat in with Queen I years, over a decade I think.

I'm woefully behind the times. :laughing guy: I'm glad that Rodgers' time with Queen was short-lived.

Rogers hasn’t sat in with Queen I years, over a decade I think.

Good!

I like Rodgers but he should stick to blues and blues-rock.

• Like 1

Of course.