Journey fire Smith and Valory

Xanadoood

That's classic Pat. I have no comeback for that one.

Aye!

How do you feel about the new KANSAS album then???

We are finally back on the same wavelength.

Just posted there. Can't wait!

Seeing them with Europe and Foreigner.

I have meet and greet passes for Europe.

I can't wait to meet John Norum.

I did a meet and greet back in 1986 at Tower Records for the Final Countdown Tour. No John as you know he bolted because they went too pop.

I saw that gig too.

It was the only time in my life where I saw a band open with The Final Countdown and end the show with The Final Countdown.

I'm closing in on 900 concerts Pat since 1982. I have a very sharp mind.

Wish I wrote everything down.

All good.

Do you prefer The Final Countdown to Power in a 1986 battle of the bands? I like both but I give the edge to Power. Morse and Walsh were flying high in the 80's.

Oh wow!

That's a great question Pat. I love both albums. I'm going with Europe. At least Norum was on the record.

I prefer Morse in Dregs and Purple.

Morse BURNS on that album! Rich Williams plays NONE of the solos, he knew he had to back off and bow down and play rhythm! Rich is a good guitarist too!

The Europe album is good. Norum is like a mixture of Schenker, Malmsteen, Blackmore and Sykes.

Yes!

You nailed Norum. I told you I saw DON DOKKEN at The Stone right? SF Up From The Ashes Tour. Don, John, Peter Baltes from Accept on bass. Don't remember the drummer.

It was incredible. Don tried to sing "Balls To The Wall." It sucked, but I loved it. lol

So the last time I saw ACCEPT was in Valencia CA.

Some small sit down seated bar deal.

I had a front row seat dude.

Not only did I find a Wolf Hoffmann guitar pick next to me on the stage.

At the end of the show I gave Peter Baltes a high five.

I yelled... "Peter! I saw you with Don Dokken and Norum at The Stone in SF! Great show! May I have a pick??" Peter grabbed a pick off his stand and gave it me!!!

Epic night Pat.

I should write a fuckking book. But no one will read it.

My entire rock life since 2006 is here. LOL

• Like 1

Aye!

I did a meet and greet back in 1986 at Tower Records for the Final Countdown Tour. No John as you know he bolted because they went too pop.

I saw that gig too.

It was the only time in my life where I saw a band open with The Final Countdown and end the show with The Final Countdown.

All good.

Do you prefer The Final Countdown to Power in a 1986 battle of the bands? I like both but I give the edge to Power. Morse and Walsh were flying high in the 80's.

Oh wow!

That's a great question Pat. I love both albums. I'm going with Europe. At least Norum was on the record.

Morse BURNS on that album! Rich Williams plays NONE of the solos, he knew he had to back off and bow down and play rhythm! Rich is a good guitarist too!

The Europe album is good. Norum is like a mixture of Schenker, Malmsteen, Blackmore and Sykes.

Yes!

You nailed Norum. I told you I saw DON DOKKEN at The Stone right? SF Up From The Ashes Tour. Don, John, Peter Baltes from Accept on bass. Don't remember the drummer.

It was incredible. Don tried to sing "Balls To The Wall." It sucked, but I loved it. lol

I yelled... "Peter! I saw you with Don Dokken and Norum at The Stone in SF! Great show! May I have a pick??" Peter grabbed a pick off his stand and gave it me!!!

Epic night Pat.

The drummer was Mickey Dee ex-Motorhead and now with the Scorps!

Don should have kept that band together and done a few more albums instead of trying to turn DOKKEN into a nu-metal-grunge experiment.

• Like 1

I just saw Eric Johnson Pat.

He is still great live, but I hear you. The set list is getting weaker by each tour. I can't believe all the boring covers he does.

Give me "Ah" and "Venus" all the way through.

I'm bored too dude.

I love Eric, but man, WTF????

The Electromagnetics

Do you have it????

Do you have "Industry Standard" by The Dregs? EJ is on it.

Yeah I have the Electromagnets album, it's a reissue from a few years ago in a cardboard mini sleeve.

EJ has no balls anymore and he just wants to write tuneless singer/songwriter shit like he's a male version of Suzanne Vega. He's a big Hendrix fan but Hendrix would puke if he heard him noodling away singing about clouds in his back field and a wagonwheel biscuit for supper. WTF?? EJ needs to ROCK or f**k off!

• Like 1

I am a hypocrite.

If Perry ever tours with Journey again I will go.

I will never see that 3 foot five midget Arnel again. He may be a nice guy and I am happy for him and his family. But as far as talent? To me? A hack. Even my dad couldn't believe it. I'm going to write a song tonight.... "STOP BELIEVING!" lol

That song kills me. The Sopranos ruined that song. So did the lame ass San Francisco Giants!!! UGH!

GO A'S!!!

Journey Though Time I will always see.

I only watched certain episodes of the Sopranos, I missed the big Journey finale. :16ton:

I doubt Perry comes out of retirement. I watched a recent interview with the Sex Pistols' Steve Jones and he doesn't sound like he's interested. He had a solo album out and it sounds pretty much soul brother soul to my ears.

Yeah I am sure he won't. I didn't even buy Perry's last solo record. junk

Steve Jones is underrated.

Perry never really was a rocker, he was always a soul food king underneath it all. Now he's free of Schon and finally got off his fat arse and made an album it's pretty much Roberta Flack without the tits. I do like Perry's voice but he's even further away from ROCK than Eric Johnson is now.

"Raised On Radio" = AOR

I bought it when it came out. meh

I've always liked it myself. My vinyl copy is kaput so I'll need to get a new CD edition. I'm on the lookout over the next few weeks.

Since you are my metal brother, I will listen to "Raised On Radio on Saturday night.

Pat!!

Tomorrow night I am seeing KISS and DAVID LEE ROTH IN OAKLAND!!!!! Taking my dad and one of my best friends who I have known for 44 years. He's a KISS FREAK like I am a RUSH BOI! LOL!

If it wasn't for KISS, RUSH would have been HISTORY!!!

It is a bit "motown" but I dunno it just works for me. Even with Randy "American Idol" Jackson playing bass.

Ok, you and I can still read minds too.

I was going to post about Randy Jackson on bass. He's great. It is more Motown, more soul pop.

I will listen to the record. Been over a decade I am sure.

I've not listened to the whole album for years either. I went on a Journey run a few weeks ago and I was a bit pissed that I still couldn't listen to it yet.

It's amazing how similar we are minus the BLACK METAL.

As you know I love the first four Journey records.

But once every decade I might get into a Journey mode too and listen to the entire catalog.

It is great AOR but it's just so overplayed for my ears.

Good news is "Raised On Radio" will be very fresh.

Don't forget death metal! And doom metal!

How do you feel about Steve Smith and Ross Valory trying to take over Journey and getting fired by Schon and Cain?

Eric Johnson has just released a new album. I think I'm over the guy. I listened to the one song that's been released and it's ok. I couldn't get through all the samples, they all sound mellow and "refelective" and f***ing dull. The instrumentals are decent, there's a couple of acoustic ones and a country one but nothing to write home about. The other songs are stuff you could use to put a baby to sleep except it might start crying for a good rocking song but there are none. EJ is done Earl.

I was kind of shocked reading about the whole Valory and Smith thing. I really can't stand Neal Schon. Great guitar player but in my mind he is a piece of shit. Pat, remember, I know a lot of shit about Journey and Y&T.

Stuff I will never type on here no matter how open I am.

The whole thing stinks. They are all bad.

Deen isn't innocent too with his drug, booze and domestic violence shit, but he's awesome as a musician.

I used to love Steve Smith when he left Journey. Vital Information. Went Jazz man. Heck, as many as your real Rush fans know, Steve Smith recommend Freddie to Neil!!

Yes Rush Fruits, some may like me, many may hate me on here but I know my shit.

I am done with Journey.

Unless Perry sings lead again.

Hoping Journey ends. LOL PUN!!!

Hope Journey Through Time keeps going with guest singer Perry.

Fuckk Valory and Smith.

They deserve what they get.

I don't listen to any of the new Journey stuff with Arnold Penis the youtube midget. Never even considered picking one of those albums up.

What about EJ Earl you missed that bit??

Sorry, I did catch the EJ part. You and I are typing like a "HURRICANE."

Y&T

Arnel is a joke and Neal found him online.

Probably to save a buck.

I hate Neal Schon.

Dave Meniketti blows him away.

Neal is another midget with talent.

• Like 1

"Raised On Radio" = AOR

I've always liked it myself. My vinyl copy is kaput so I'll need to get a new CD edition. I'm on the lookout over the next few weeks.

Since you are my metal brother, I will listen to "Raised On Radio on Saturday night.

Pat!!

Tomorrow night I am seeing KISS and DAVID LEE ROTH IN OAKLAND!!!!! Taking my dad and one of my best friends who I have known for 44 years. He's a KISS FREAK like I am a RUSH BOI! LOL!

It is a bit "motown" but I dunno it just works for me. Even with Randy "American Idol" Jackson playing bass.

I was going to post about Randy Jackson on bass. He's great. It is more Motown, more soul pop.

I've not listened to the whole album for years either. I went on a Journey run a few weeks ago and I was a bit pissed that I still couldn't listen to it yet.

But once every decade I might get into a Journey mode too and listen to the entire catalog.

How do you feel about Steve Smith and Ross Valory trying to take over Journey and getting fired by Schon and Cain?

Eric Johnson has just released a new album. I think I'm over the guy. I listened to the one song that's been released and it's ok. I couldn't get through all the samples, they all sound mellow and "refelective" and f***ing dull. The instrumentals are decent, there's a couple of acoustic ones and a country one but nothing to write home about. The other songs are stuff you could use to put a baby to sleep except it might start crying for a good rocking song but there are none. EJ is done Earl.

I was kind of shocked reading about the whole Valory and Smith thing. I really can't stand Neal Schon. Great guitar player but in my mind he is a piece of shit. Pat, remember, I know a lot of shit about Journey and Y&T.

Deen isn't innocent too with his drug, booze and domestic violence shit, but he's awesome as a musician.

I used to love Steve Smith when he left Journey. Vital Information. Went Jazz man. Heck, as many as your real Rush fans know, Steve Smith recommend Freddie to Neil!!

I am done with Journey.

Fuckk Valory and Smith.

I don't listen to any of the new Journey stuff with Arnold Penis the youtube midget. Never even considered picking one of those albums up.

Y&T

Probably to save a buck.

I hate Neal Schon.

Neal lies about his height too he keeps insisting he's 5'11 and a half! :oops:

Schon's face is starting to look like it's melting too, a little like Paul Stanley. I know these guys favour plastic surgery but I didn't realise their faces would melt like real plastic too!

One thing is there seems to be a lot of Perry clones out there.

• Like 1

Aye!

I saw that gig too.

All good.

Oh wow!

Yes!

Epic night Pat.

Don should have kept that band together and done a few more albums instead of trying to turn DOKKEN into a nu-metal-grunge experiment.

I agree with you! Don had a great side band!!

DUDE!

I flew to Vegas four years ago and saw Scorps and Ryche at The Joint.

It was right after my divorce so I went alone.

It was worth it all. I also saw Billy Idol the night before at the House Of Blues.

But dude! I've told you this story!

After Scorps I walked into the lobby. I was wearing my "Hemispheres" tee.

Some big buffed dude with a handler stopped me and told me that he loves RUSH.

It was the lead singer of FOZZY. That famous wrestler? I don't watch that shit but his was so nice. Chris Jericho?

So it was so funny Pat.

I was just shooting the shit with Chris about Rush and Heavy Metal.

The handler asked me if I knew this guy. I said "I have no fuckking clue but we have bonded talking about RUSH!"

He laughed.

So now there is a long line of I guess wrestler fans. They all wanted to meet him and get his autograph. No offense but I hate wrestling. I've heard FOZZY and it sucks. But I didn't know that I was talking to the lead singer then. lol

But Chris was so nice. He didn't give a shite about signing autos. There was no pressure. Chris and I talked and talked and talked about METAL!

But then Pat it got even better.

I went into the lobby of the Hard Rock!

It was guest Metal Star DJ Night!! Scott Ian from Anthrax was on the computer picking metal songs.

I met Mikkey Dee in the lobby! I met all the Ryche guys in the lobby!

That's were I called out Eddie Drunk I mean Trunk. The guy is useless like a bull with tits when it comes to rock and roll heavy metal knowledge.

Pat!! You and I would make Eddie Trunk look like a tree stump!! LOL!! He sucks dude.

But it was so much fun!!!!!

I hung out with all the old school metal dudes!!!

I can't make this shit up Pat.

I love being single!!!

• Like 1

I just saw Eric Johnson Pat.

He is still great live, but I hear you. The set list is getting weaker by each tour. I can't believe all the boring covers he does.

Give me "Ah" and "Venus" all the way through.

I'm bored too dude.

I love Eric, but man, WTF????

The Electromagnetics

Do you have it????

Do you have "Industry Standard" by The Dregs? EJ is on it.

Yeah I have the Electromagnets album, it's a reissue from a few years ago in a cardboard mini sleeve.

EJ has no balls anymore and he just wants to write tuneless singer/songwriter shit like he's a male version of Suzanne Vega. He's a big Hendrix fan but Hendrix would puke if he heard him noodling away singing about clouds in his back field and a wagonwheel biscuit for supper. WTF?? EJ needs to ROCK or f**k off!

I totally agree dude about EJ. NO BALLS! He's been snipped Pat. I don't understand it. Old age?

EJ is one of the best guitar players on the planet but his is old and tired.

He makes Neal Schon look like a filet mignon. lol

A rhyme?

Give me "Nickel And Dime."

"Raised On Radio" = AOR

Pat!!

I am done with Journey.

Fuckk Valory and Smith.

Y&T

Probably to save a buck.

I hate Neal Schon.

Neal lies about his height too he keeps insisting he's 5'11 and a half! :oops:

Schon's face is starting to look like it's melting too, a little like Paul Stanley. I know these guys favour plastic surgery but I didn't realise their faces would melt like real plastic too!

One thing is there seems to be a lot of Perry clones out there.

Hahahaha! I saw that! I guess he wants to look like his Satanic Bitch of a wife. Both are plastic and fake.

I could take my Visa card and slide it though Neal's asscheeks and cash would fly out of his glistening asshole.

He sucks dude.

If guitars didn't exist, Neal would be milking cows on a farm. Chasing sleeping bulls at night cutting off their testicles and running though the night.

"Separate Ways."

Separate Filets.

lol

Aye!

I saw that gig too.

All good.

Oh wow!

Yes!

Epic night Pat.

DUDE!

It was worth it all. I also saw Billy Idol the night before at the House Of Blues.

It was the lead singer of FOZZY. That famous wrestler? I don't watch that shit but his was so nice. Chris Jericho?

So it was so funny Pat.

The handler asked me if I knew this guy. I said "I have no fuckking clue but we have bonded talking about RUSH!"

He laughed.

So now there is a long line of I guess wrestler fans. They all wanted to meet him and get his autograph. No offense but I hate wrestling. I've heard FOZZY and it sucks. But I didn't know that I was talking to the lead singer then. lol

But Chris was so nice. He didn't give a shite about signing autos. There was no pressure. Chris and I talked and talked and talked about METAL!

It was guest Metal Star DJ Night!! Scott Ian from Anthrax was on the computer picking metal songs.

That's were I called out Eddie Drunk I mean Trunk. The guy is useless like a bull with tits when it comes to rock and roll heavy metal knowledge.

Pat!! You and I would make Eddie Trunk look like a tree stump!! LOL!! He sucks dude.

I love being single!!!

FOZZY f***ing suck balls! Wrestling is good entertainment as long as you realise it's fake.

How do you rate Mickey Dee's drumming Earl?

• Like 1

Aye!

I saw that gig too.

All good.

Oh wow!

Yes!

Epic night Pat.

DUDE!

So it was so funny Pat.

He laughed.

I love being single!!!

FOZZY f***ing suck balls! Wrestling is good entertainment as long as you realise it's fake.

HAHAHA!!! FOZZY DOES SUCK BALLS!!!! I've know wrestling was fake since I loved it as a kid. Rowdy, Hulk Hogan. Andre. Yes dude. I love THEY LIVE! John Carpenter.

Chris is a very nice guy. That's all I know.

Dude.

I've seen MOTORHEAD three times in my life. All three times with DEE. HE KICKS HEAVY METAL ASS!! I LOVE HIM!!!!

I've now seen DEE three times in the Scorpions. HE HAS PUT THE BALLS BACK IN THE STING OF THE TAIL!!!!!

I couldn't stand that poser American drummer with his shirt off?? I forget his name. Poser drummer. Standing up. Spitting beer on the stage. A three year old could play his drum solo.

I could look up his name but he makes Herman Rarebell sound like Cozy Powell. lol

MIKKEY DEE RULES

• Like 1

Dave Meniketti makes Neal Vanilla Scone sound like a little girl crying with a skinned knee on a kindergarten playground.

"Who's Crying Now?" LOL!!!!!

I crack myself up.

lol

Eddie Trunk always reminds me of the fat nerd from Animal House:

http://sofa-king-cool-magazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Flounder-Stephen-Furst-610x458.jpg

Aye!

I saw that gig too.

All good.

Oh wow!

Yes!

Epic night Pat.

DUDE!

So it was so funny Pat.

He laughed.

I love being single!!!

HAHAHA!!! FOZZY DOES SUCK BALLS!!!! I've know wrestling was fake since I loved it as a kid. Rowdy, Hulk Hogan. Andre. Yes dude. I love THEY LIVE! John Carpenter.

Dude.

I've seen MOTORHEAD three times in my life. All three times with DEE. HE KICKS HEAVY METAL ASS!! I LOVE HIM!!!!

I've now seen DEE three times in the Scorpions. HE HAS PUT THE BALLS BACK IN THE STING OF THE TAIL!!!!!

I couldn't stand that poser American drummer with his shirt off?? I forget his name. Poser drummer. Standing up. Spitting beer on the stage. A three year old could play his drum solo.

I could look up his name but he makes Herman Rarebell sound like Cozy Powell. lol

MIKKEY DEE RULES

That drummer kicked up a stink when he got fired like he thought he was as important to the band as Uli Jon Roth!

Aye!

I saw that gig too.

All good.

Oh wow!

Yes!

Epic night Pat.

DUDE!

So it was so funny Pat.

He laughed.

I love being single!!!

Dude.

MIKKEY DEE RULES

That drummer kicked up a stink when he got fired like he thought he was as important to the band as Uli Jon Roth!

Hahahaha! Herman Ze German is a mediocre drummer.

If I may be so bold, I'm better on the drum kit and I'm "Nobody's Hero." lol

Yes Pat, I can play to every RUSH record.

I'm just a clone.

But proud to play to Neil's drum parts.

• Like 1

Aye!

I saw that gig too.

All good.

Oh wow!

Yes!

Epic night Pat.

DUDE!

So it was so funny Pat.

He laughed.

I love being single!!!

Dude.

MIKKEY DEE RULES

Hahahaha! Herman Ze German is a mediocre drummer.

If I may be so bold, I'm better on the drum kit and I'm "Nobody's Hero." lol

Yes Pat, I can play to every RUSH record.

I'm just a clone.

But proud to play to Neil's drum parts.

Can you match Cobham though Earl???

At least Carlos Santana married Cindy Blackwell. Lenny's drummer. Good for him.

Neal married some nut job with a blonde wig???

I don't even get it.

Hey Pat, I think I'm just going to buy a 6000 USD sex robot. I will make her look like Ginger Lynn in the Eighties.

I can take her out to dinner and drinks and she will be a really hot cheap date.

I can take her home and we can just hang out and watch movies.

She won't get angry.

She won't get sick.

She won't cheat on me

And she will only be true to my d;+k.

Sorry it's a late nite poem.

She won't spend all of my money either Pat.

It's a win win.

• Like 1