The 2020 NFL thread...14 teams in the playoffs? A 17 game regular season? wtf???

laughedatbytime

Packers sign Snacks Harrison. He will be available for the playoffs.

He should have fair warning that the snacks in Wisconsin are not good for one’s health! :eh:

• Like 1

Talk about rebounding!

NFL teams starting season 2-7, then made the playoffs: 0 of 258.

Whoever wins the NFC East will break that streak.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cowboys-giants-or-washington-will-make-history-in-week-17-by-ending-historical-0-for-258-streak-by-nfl-teams/quote

Talk about rebounding!

http://www.cbssports...nfl-teams/quote

The 1970 Cincinnati Bengals started 1-6 and won more games than the winner of that clusterfuck will win, in a 14 game season.

He should have fair warning that the snacks in Wisconsin are not good for one’s health! :eh:

Snacks was washed up when Detroit let him go.

Snacks was washed up when Detroit let him go.

I suspect that he's still playing just for the paycheck, and I hope he proves me wrong.

If he doesn't give 100%, the Packers will cut him without blinking.

Edited by Principled Man

Packer LT David Bakhtiari is OUT with a knee injury....maybe an ACL.

Even on its last day, 2020 is still an *sshole....

:rage: :rage: :rage:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

Talk about rebounding!

The 1970 Cincinnati Bengals started 1-6 and won more games than the winner of that clusterfuck will win, in a 14 game season.

Correct. They finished 8-6. Coached by one of the 5 greatest football coaches of all-time, Paul Brown.

Kamara's awaiting the results of his confirmation COVID test, which means if the Saints play their WC game Saturday he may have to miss it.

Talk about rebounding!

Correct. They finished 8-6. Coached by one of the 5 greatest football coaches of all-time, Paul Brown.

Paul Brown was a maverick in an era of conservative coaches. Even in the late 80's, when the Bengals drafted Ickey Woods, the rookie's long dreadlocks were an "issue". Head Coach Sam Wyche asked Mr. Brown if he should have Woods cut his hair.

Brown asked Wyche, "Will it make him a better player?"

Wyche: "No."

Mr. Brown: "Then don't worry about it."

:haz: :haz:

• Like 1

No Fun League, Holiday Edition

[Kamala,] the New Orleans Saints running back was fined $5,000 by the NFL after wearing a pair of red and green cleats that didn't match his uniform colors while rushing for six touchdowns on Christmas Day. Apparently, the league won't even bend the rules when a player ties a 91-year-old record.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30633486/bah-humbug-new-orleans-saints-alvin-kamara-fined-christmas-cleats

No Fun League, Holiday Edition

[Kamala,] the New Orleans Saints running back was fined $5,000 by the NFL after wearing a pair of red and green cleats that didn't match his uniform colors while rushing for six touchdowns on Christmas Day. Apparently, the league won't even bend the rules when a player ties a 91-year-old record.

https://www.espn.com...hristmas-cleats

Good Lord. And here I thought it was great as a nod to Christmas. The Get Off My Lawn League fits too.

I'm going to watch my first NFL game of the season tomorrow. I want to see this Josh Allen that I've been hearing aboot lead a violent beatdown of the Miami Dolphins. 1:00pm, on CBS I believe.

I'm going to watch my first NFL game of the season tomorrow. I want to see this Josh Allen that I've been hearing aboot lead a violent beatdown of the Miami Dolphins. 1:00pm, on CBS I believe.

Not sure I've ever seen a QB make the strides he has in 3 seasons. A lot of the greats are that way from the beginning but he struggled mightily with accuracy and reads his first year, got better last year and became lethal this year. HOF career trajectory if it continues which seems VERY likely.

The Dolphins are going to blown out today. Their fans might want to hope none of the 4 realistic scenarios that put them in the playoffs don’t happen. Because then they’ll get humiliated in the playoffs. Yet again.

The Dolphins are going to blown out today. Their fans might want to hope none of the 4 realistic scenarios that put them in the playoffs don’t happen. Because then they’ll get humiliated in the playoffs. Yet again.

I hope you have Sunday Ticket so you can watch some meaningful football today instead of the Jets-Patriots.

I hope you have Sunday Ticket so you can watch some meaningful football today instead of the Jets-Patriots.

The Dolphins fan ridiculing the Patriots fan about meaningful games.

:lol:

If all I had to watch today was the meaningless Jets Patriots game I'd probably scan the TV listings to see if there was some soccer on.

1609691697[/url'>' post='4873619']
1609691520' post='4873616']
1609691348[/url'>' post='4873612']
1609690989' post='4873604']
1609627686[/url]' post='4873412']

If all I had to watch today was the meaningless Jets Patriots game I'd probably scan the TV listings to see if there was some soccer on.

You should watch the Dolphins Bills game. If the Dolphins win they’re in the playoffs.

You should watch the Dolphins Bills game. If the Dolphins win they’re in the playoffs.

Just our luck, the Bills are coming off a bye week.

Sigh, I tuned into CBS for Bills Domination Sunday...ugh Jets vs Patriots. Meh, I'm going to take a shower then update my blog, maybe fold some laundry.

Not sure I've ever seen a QB make the strides he has in 3 seasons. A lot of the greats are that way from the beginning but he struggled mightily with accuracy and reads his first year, got better last year and became lethal this year. HOF career trajectory if it continues which seems VERY likely.

In passing Jim Kelly with all-time Bill's numbers, is Josh in the MVP conversation?
  • Like 1