The 2020 NFL thread...14 teams in the playoffs? A 17 game regular season? wtf???

laughedatbytime

If you have Alvin Kamara in your fantasy championship this week, you've pretty much won the title already.

My FF luck has been so bad this year, not even Kamara would have saved me. All my other players would have tanked! :eh:

Damn, that's brutal. I've seen that before though. Had a buddy in a league I was in when I used to play that finished 2nd in scoring per game in a 10 person league and still went like 2-11. Everyone he played like damned near every week had one of their highest scoring weeks of the season.

Edited by driventotheedge

If you have Alvin Kamara in your fantasy championship this week, you've pretty much won the title already.

My FF luck has been so bad this year, not even Kamara would have saved me. All my other players would have tanked! :eh:

Damn, that's brutal. I've seen that before though. Had a buddy in a league I was in when I used to play that finished 2nd in scoring per game in a 10 person league and still went like 2-11. Everyone he played like damned near every week had one of their highest scoring weeks of the season.

This year, I was hit by the OFF-ON curse. I start players who have good matchups, and they do nuthin'. I start other players the next week, and the guys I benched do great. :rage:

This year, I was hit by the OFF-ON curse. I start players who have good matchups, and they do nuthin'. I start other players the next week, and the guys I benched do great. :rage:

Man that shit may suck worse than what happened to my buddy because it's the "what if" situation. Anyone who plays has had that happen now and then, but when its consistent it must just drive you nuts.

Tome Brady with 300+ yds and 3 TDs in the first half vs the Lions. Not bad for an old guy.

I have a couple of comps for the way the Lions defense is playing, but I'm not able to use them.

• Like 1

Raiders lol

Gruden Grudening.

32a39cf1c53f371cd109b79149ac4312.jpg

Go up by 6 instead of 2? Why would I, the great JON GRUDEN, ever agree to that?

Edited by Principled Man

Raiders lol

Gruden Grudening.

Go up by 6 instead of 2? With 19 seconds left? Why would I, the great JON GRUDEN, ever agree to that?

Well, it would have been either 5 or 7, because they would have gone for 2 after the TD. And unless they would have taken the really low percentage play of going for it on fourth down, the TD to make it 5 or 7 would have come with just over a minute left. As a Dolphin fan, I thought the Raiders handled the game situation stuff right, they should have been able to stop a team with no time outs from gaining 40 yards in 18 seconds or less. But the execution was extremely poor, how does anyone get so open in that situation? The ball took forever to get to Hollins.

The PI on the last Raider drive is what should be getting a majority of the discussion this morning, IMO. Giving a team fifty yards on incidental contact should preclude this crew from working this year's playoffs, at the very least.

Raiders lol

Gruden Grudening.

Go up by 6 instead of 2? Why would I, the great JON GRUDEN, ever agree to that?

Well, it would have been either 5 or 7, because they would have gone for 2 after the TD. And unless they would have taken the really low percentage play of going for it on fourth down, the TD to make it 5 or 7 would have come with just over a minute left. As a Dolphin fan, I thought the Raiders handled the game situation stuff right, they should have been able to stop a team with no time outs from gaining 40 yards in 18 seconds or less. But the execution was extremely poor, how does anyone get so open in that situation? The ball took forever to get to Hollins.

I'm stubborn old school in those situations. I always want the offense to get the TD and force the other team to get a TD rather than a FG. Jacobs was running the ball well, but they had Carr take a knee on 3rd & goal at the 1. Why not run it in then? If you don't make it, then you kick the FG. You trust your defense to stop them from getting a TD. This is why I'm not an NFL head coach. :D

• Like 1

The PI on the last Raider drive is what should be getting a majority of the discussion this morning, IMO. Giving a team fifty yards on incidental contact should preclude this crew from working this year's playoffs, at the very least.

I could not agree any more fully. A fukking joke of a call that could've been the difference between Miami making the playoffs and not making them.

And btw, I actually like the Raiders and am ambivalent towards the Phins.

• Like 1

I could not agree any more fully. A fukking joke of a call that could've been the difference between Miami making the playoffs and not making them.

And btw, I actually like the Raiders and am ambivalent towards the Phins.

:yes:

2nd quarter, 4th and short and Andy Reid pulls out the high school gimmick play. The Atlanta pick serves as a decent punt, but when you're dominating the ground game, why overthink? Get the yard and move on.