KK's Priest - The new Priest is launched!

treeduck

Ripper is fantastic. His work with Iced Earth is some of my favourite metal vocals ever. Love this news!

I have never heard the Priest albums that he was a part of, and never knew he was in Iced Earth!

R-1771945-1313250848.jpeg.jpg

Thanks - I never knew he was with Iced Earth either. Not a big Iced Earth fan although I do have 1 or 2 albums. This may encourage me to go get that album at least.

This is interesting news. Pitty is would seem that KK is on such bad terms with Priest after all these years. Sill, with Ripper in the group (and I actually enjoyed his work with Priest, he is a good singer just not Rob) this could be very interesting.

To have the real deal plus this out there is very interesting. Double the Priest!! They can count on me for album sales.

They also have Les Binks on drums so that's three Priest members.

True - I know he was Judas Priest's drummer in the 70's but other than that I know very little about him. Has Bink's done anything of note in the years since he left Priest?

Not really but I've seen a few recent videos and it looks like he can still play.

Ripper is fantastic. His work with Iced Earth is some of my favourite metal vocals ever. Love this news!

I have never heard the Priest albums that he was a part of, and never knew he was in Iced Earth!

Thanks - I never knew he was with Iced Earth either. Not a big Iced Earth fan although I do have 1 or 2 albums. This may encourage me to go get that album at least.

This is interesting news. Pitty is would seem that KK is on such bad terms with Priest after all these years. Sill, with Ripper in the group (and I actually enjoyed his work with Priest, he is a good singer just not Rob) this could be very interesting.

To have the real deal plus this out there is very interesting. Double the Priest!! They can count on me for album sales.

True - I know he was Judas Priest's drummer in the 70's but other than that I know very little about him. Has Bink's done anything of note in the years since he left Priest?

Not really but I've seen a few recent videos and it looks like he can still play.

Thanks. This provides hope at least. Having a good drummer is like having a good engine in a car. It provides the power that makes the body of the car (the songs themselves) move. Of course he can't do it alone. You need a good transmission system (the lead signer) and some good tires (guards, bass and keyboards).

So, if the group has a good transmission (Ripper), if the engine is still functioning (Les) if the tires are ok (and with KK I will hope that at least one of them is) then all they need is a good frame (the songs) and maybe you will have something. Not that easy - just fun making it sound that easy. No, I am not into cars - at all.

• Like 1

Thanks. This provides hope at least. Having a good drummer is like having a good engine in a car. It provides the power that makes the body of the car (the songs themselves) move. Of course he can't do it alone. You need a good transmission system (the lead signer) and some good tires (guards, bass and keyboards).

So, if the group has a good transmission (Ripper), if the engine is still functioning (Les) if the tires are ok (and with KK I will hope that at least one of them is) then all they need is a good frame (the songs) and maybe you will have something. Not that easy - just fun making it sound that easy. No, I am not into cars - at all.

Here's some recent Les Binks drumming, well it's 1994 actually but hey:

Here's some recent Les Binks drumming, well it's 1994 actually but hey:

Dude’s got chops.

And that is one long-ass drum solo.

• Like 1

How anyone can hate on Alter Bridge but tell me Accept are one of the all time greats beats me.

You don't know everything about music. Give over.

KK's Priest Reveals Debut Album Title; Announces Pre-Order

KK's Priest, the new project from former Judas Priest guitarist K.K. Downing, have announced their debut album, "Sermons Of The Sinner." Pre-orders for the album will launch on Wednesday, May 12. Watch a teaser video below.

In addition to Downing, KK's Priest includes former Judas Priest members Tim "Ripper" Owens (vocals) and Les Binks (drums), as well as guitarist A.J. Mills (Hostile) and bassist Tony Newton (Voodoo Six). The band's debut will be released globally by Explorer1 Music Group as a part of the partnership K.K Downing signed in early 2020.

Downing previously stated: "We are incredibly excited and totally ready for the launch of what we consider to be an exceptional and important record; we sincerely hope that you will agree!"

More information will be available soon.

Here's the album cover and tracklist:

kk-s-priest-sermons-of-the-sinner.jpg

1 Incarnation

2 Hellfire Thunderbolt

3 Sermons of the Sinner

4 Sacerdote y Diablo

5 Raise Your Fists

6 Brothers of the Road

7 Metal Through and Through

8 Wild and Free

9 Hail for the Priest

10 Return of the Sentinel

Wait a minute, who's the drummer? That's not Binks.

Apparently he had a wrist injury. According to KK he will show up at some live shows and play a few songs.

• Like 1