The 2019-20 NHL Thread

blackhawkrush

One lame shot on a potential game-ending power play. YOU f***ing PUSSIES!

Serious question, would you have been in better shape in your series if you had Rask in net? I get the feeling our man Rick N. Backer is no longer sold on him in the playoffs, just wondering if you agree.

Difficult to say. His head wasn't in the Carolina series, but I can't imagine he would have given up some of these soft goals.

• Like 1

With the two N.H.L. Playoff games having to be rescheduled because of more racism violence happening for only two days, it must've been necessary, and appropriate to do so. Colorado Avalanche won by beating Dallas 6-3 to cut the series to 3-2 for Dallas, and Tampa Bay won by beating Boston in double overtime 3-2 to win the series 4-1. We'll see how the New York Islanders', and Philadelphia Flyers', and Vegas Golden Knights', and Vancouver Canucks' game fives happen because I don't know, and have no idea. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 2

Bruins have been eliminated in double overtime.

All my hopes bye bye. Funny Hockey season usually starts up Oct. 5th. Not this year.

i still love you all BRUINS..thank you. :hockey: :hockeygoon: See ya .

• Like 3

One lame shot on a potential game-ending power play. YOU f***ing PUSSIES!

Serious question, would you have been in better shape in your series if you had Rask in net? I get the feeling our man Rick N. Backer is no longer sold on him in the playoffs, just wondering if you agree.

Debatable. Rask is better than Halak, obviously. Halak is a fine back up, but he has shown that he is not a starter. But my point has never been that Rask shouldn't be a starter in the NHL. It's that you will not win a championship with him, and he is a risk in any playoff series when you are facing elimination. When the rubber hits the road, he cannot be counted on to pick the team up. How many times did Vasilevskiy stone the Bruins from point blank range last night? I all but guarantee you would not have gotten that performance out of Rask in an elimination game.

Sorry, 73, but I gotta go with the kid from "Dot" who played at BC tonight.

I don't know what "Dot" is, but I assume you're talking about a Flyer who went to Boston College?

"Dot" is how Dorchester, MA is referred to by people who grew up in Boston proper. Kevin Hayes is from Dorchester.

EDIT: Dorchester is a section of Boston. The genesis of the nickname is likely that it would be pronounced by people from the city as "Daw-chestah."

Edited by Rick N. Backer
  • Like 1

I don't know what "Dot" is, but I assume you're talking about a Flyer who went to Boston College?

"Dot" is how Dorchester, MA is referred to by people who grew up in Boston proper. Kevin Hayes is from Dorchester.

Ahh, okay. Hayes has been very good for the Flyers this whole postseason. A lot of people criticized Philly for signing him to that expensive deal but he's earning it right now. He's been playing well against us, so it wouldn't surprise me to see him do well again tonight.

Ahh, okay. Hayes has been very good for the Flyers this whole postseason. A lot of people criticized Philly for signing him to that expensive deal but he's earning it right now. He's been playing well against us, so it wouldn't surprise me to see him do well again tonight.

When my son was young, Kevin brought us into the BC locker room after a game. As we were walking down to the locker room, he asked my son who his favorite player was. Out of the mouths of babes (he was probably somewhere around 8 or 9), my son said "either your brother (Jimmy Hayes) or Johnny Gaudreau." Hayes burst out laughing.

• Like 2

When my son was young, Kevin brought us into the BC locker room after a game. As we were walking down to the locker room, he asked my son who his favorite player was. Out of the mouths of babes (he was probably somewhere around 8 or 9), my son said "either your brother (Jimmy Hayes) or Johnny Gaudreau." Hayes burst out laughing.

Nice! Well, I don't blame you for going with him tonight. I hope Hayes scores two goals for you. In a loss. :D

• Like 1

Nice! Well, I don't blame you for going with him tonight. I hope Hayes scores two goals for you. In a loss. :D

If it makes you feel any better, my son was saying last night that he thinks your Islanders are very dangerous.

• Like 2

If it makes you feel any better, my son was saying last night that he thinks your Islanders are very dangerous.

I would not be shocked to see Philly win tonight.

We had one loss in each of the first two rounds, both were the elimination games. Those two losses were our worst-played games in each of those series, and we followed each of them with our best game to close things out. Tonight is an elimination game, but we played our worst game in the last one. So, tonight we'll either see our third elimination loss of the playoffs, or our best game of this round.

• Like 1

Don't rub it in. :boohoo:
  • Like 1

Well we now have had two goalies in their first NHL playoff come in and get a win for the Team. Hutchinson for the Avs and Demko for the Canucks. That's what I love about the Stanley Cup Playoffs, so many unexpected rallies by teams that all the announcers and pundits said were done for. Elimination games that don't happen and more overtimes, it has been a great playoff in spite of the virus.

Hoping the Avs can keep their "grumpy" attitude and win another one tonight. MacKinnon is a scoring machine but the other lines have to keep it up too. Makar made up for his mistake in Game 4. Still surprised how flat Bishop was and wondering if the Stars thought they had it in the bag, otherwise why would he take the chance of playing Bishop. Doesn't want Khudobin getting worn out I suppose.

Despite the feisty play of the Canucks, I still think Vegas will be moving on and is the favorite to win the Conference. I hope the Avs can be the team to meet them in the Conference final.

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 3

Well we now have had two goalies in their first NHL playoff come in and get a win for the Team. Hutchinson for the Avs and Demko for the Canucks. That's what I love about the Stanley Cup Playoffs, so many unexpected rallies by teams that all the announcers and pundits said were done for. Elimination games that don't happen and more overtimes, it has been a great playoff in spite of the virus.

Hoping the Avs can keep their "grumpy" attitude and win another one tonight. MacKinnon is a scoring machine but the other lines have to keep it up too. Makar made up for his mistake in Game 4. Still surprised how flat Bishop was and wondering if the Stars thought they had it in the bag, otherwise why would he take the chance of playing Bishop. Doesn't want Khudobin getting worn out I suppose.

Despite the feisty play of the Canucks, I still think Vegas will be moving on and is the favorite to win the Conference. I hope the Avs can be the team to meet them in the Conference final.

I'm surprised Dallas and Vancouver went with Bishop and Demko. Hutchinson is different because I think he's a better option than Francouz. Don't know if there's such a thing as a worn out effect in this short season. Even when playing back to back.
  • Like 1

I'm surprised Dallas and Vancouver went with Bishop and Demko. Hutchinson is different because I think he's a better option than Francouz. Don't know if there's such a thing as a worn out effect in this short season. Even when playing back to back.

When I heard Markstrom wasn't going to be playing, I figured they were done for. Demko is a well kept secret, who knew they had such a good backup..even Sharpie said so ;). Francouz filled in earlier in the season when Grubauer went out and he did great, kept them in a good playoff position. I honestly think he got hurt too and had been trying tough it out. I know some Maple Leaf fans didn't want Hutchinson to be traded so he isn't a rookie at this. Guess we will see how it goes tonight.

• Like 2

:LOLsign: they have been making a bunch of mistakes lately. The announcers did say it correctly at one point, I guess I missed the mistake.

What a great game for the Avs! Hutchinson is doing the job and MacKinnon and Burakovsky are clicking. Makar continues to be a great scorer as well as good D. Will be interesting to see Friday who wins out.

As I type, Flyers and Isles in OT again...more hockey to watch :hockey: :clap:

• Like 1

3 game 7's coming up. Flyers got a boost from having Oskar Lindblom play, nice to see him back from his bout with cancer. I really thought the Isles were going to take it after the 2nd period but I was wrong. I finally figured out whose face is on Carter Hart's goalie mask, Ray Emery. He won a Cup with Chicago in 2013, only 35 and drowned in 2018. I guess I forgot the details of his passing, nice of Hart to honor him.

Vegas did not look like the same team, Canucks had them tied up in knots and they couldn't score. Demko is a beast.

Ok Avs, let's see you close this out :popcorn: :D

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

One main reason why the Toronto Maple Leafs traded Michael Hutchinson was to get a more suitable, and improved back up in Jack Campbell from the Los Angeles Kings. From what I've seen of Jack Campbell, I've liked him. The Philadelphia Flyers won game six by beating New York Islanders 5-4 in double overtime to tie the series 3-3. A little earlier today, Dallas won game seven by beating Colorado Avalanche 5-4 in overtime to win the series 4-3. Vegas Golden Knights, and Vancouver Canucks are having, and needing to play their game seven in a back-to-back from their game six, last night. Vegas won by shutting out, and beating Vancouver 3-0 to win the series 4-3. One Conference Final has been determined, which is the Western. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

Really bummed the Avs lost. I got more attached to the team this year and hoped they would close out Dallas. After all the injuries, they came within 2 minutes of winning and going on to the Final. I wish I could be happy for the Stars but I am not. I didn't like their style of play and taking several Avs out (yes I know it is a rough game). Corey Perry is still the little cheap shot he was with the Ducks and so I can't cheer for any team he is on. I like Rick Bowness, I remember him from his days in WHL play and his time with our minor league club Salt Lake Golden Eagles. He had the nickname of One punch and lived up to it. He's had a long career as a coach and it is nice to see him succeed. So that saying, I am hoping the Knights take them out.

I find myself torn between the Isles and Flyers tomorrow, they both are feisty teams and it is hard to not have the good feelings for Lindblom who has come back from cancer besides the great play of Carter Hart. Guess I lean towards the Isles on principle, want Trotz to do well, liked him as a coach for Nashville and think the Caps treated him poorly after he coached them to the Cup in 2018. It would be nice for them to realize what they had and threw away. Seems they thought they could just insert any coach and the team would keep winning...not so evidently.

This was an exhausting day for me, I love close hockey games but I got a bit wired with all the tension. Going to get some rest and mellow out. :hockeygoon:

• Like 1

So far I've picked the Golden Knights to beat the Nucks to win and the Stars to beat the Avalanche. So I'll choose the Golden Knights to beat the Stars.

Tonight is a tough call between the Islanders and the Flyers but for some reason not sure why but I like the Islanders. This particular playoffs has gotten better as the playoffs continues.

Peace

• Like 1