The 2019-20 NHL Thread

blackhawkrush

Watching the World Juniors, give me some Teply this season. :drool:

Merry Christmas Robert.

We were watching the US - Russia game yesterday. The US team did not look good at all. And for all the talk about what a stud the Russian goalie is, he let in a warm-up shot, and is very lucky he didn't get challenged all that much.

• Like 1

Watching the World Juniors, give me some Teply this season. :drool:

Merry Christmas Robert.

We were watching the US - Russia game yesterday. The US team did not look good at all. And for all the talk about what a stud the Russian goalie is, he let in a warm-up shot, and is very lucky he didn't get challenged all that much.

Merry Christmas Rick! :cheers: U.S. almost came back from the dead in that game. I think they'll do some damage in the tournament. Watching Canada destroying Germany. Far for me to defend the Germans, but I wonder what the "powers that be" would do if Canada was missing nine players...

Talking about the World Junior Ice Hockey Championships, I've been watching Canada. I heard, and saw about Jonathan Toews. I've liked him, too, and I hope he will able to have a speedy recovery. For Kirby Dach, I wish the same thing, too.
  • Like 2

Talking about the World Junior Ice Hockey Championships, I've been watching Canada. I heard, and saw about Jonathan Toews. I've liked him, too, and I hope he will able to have a speedy recovery. For Kirby Dach, I wish the same thing, too.

I wish we knew what Toews is supposed to be recovering from. :eh:
  • Like 1

Canada 5 Russia 0 The Russians never had a chance. They had only one LW among forwards and defensemen on their roster, which meant six guys had to play the whole tournament on their off wing. It's amazing a country like Russia couldn't do better in that department.

I see the NHL is selling naming rights to the new (temporary?) divisions. I'll donate a dollar for "The Rush Forum Division." It should probably be the Canadian one, I suppose.

Bryan Adams would still win. :eyeroll:

I just PMed Crimson about starting the new thread, seeing as his team won the Cup last season.

You won't be PMing me for quite a few years. :|

I wouldn't have to PM you if the Hawks won the Cup. You'd be drafting a new thread the second training camp opened. :P

• Like 2

I just PMed Crimson about starting the new thread, seeing as his team won the Cup last season.

You won't be PMing me for quite a few years. :|

I wouldn't have to PM you if the Hawks won the Cup. You'd be drafting a new thread the second training camp opened. :P

And I so try to keep my affiliation a secret. :blush:

New Central Division: Chicago, Tampa Bay, Florida, Detroit, Carolina, Dallas, Columbus, Nashville. Stop helping us, NHL. We're still not making the playoffs.

You might want to check that Division name, they've sold the division naming rights to corporations.

New Central Division: Chicago, Tampa Bay, Florida, Detroit, Carolina, Dallas, Columbus, Nashville. Stop helping us, NHL. We're still not making the playoffs.

You might want to check that Division name, they've sold the division naming rights to corporations.

Normally I'd be the first to shake my fist in protest, but with no tickets being sold (for now, at least) the league could use the ad revenue. There's talk of ads on the players' helmets, too. I hate that idea, but if they decide to do it, I hope those ads go away once fans are allowed to fill the seats again.

• Like 1

So the game with Canada was fantastic! Knight is going to be a great goalie for the Panthers. :yes: :clap:

Speaking of goalies, Crawford retired today :| Guess his heart just wasn't in it, I think it was really lousy the way Chicago kicked him to the curb. This has been a strange year for goalies, Washington trades Holtby, gets Lundquist for a year and now he's gone due to needing heart surgery. :unsure:

Glad we have the season starting Wednesday, I need the diversion :blink: 3 games that night :madra: :yay:

• Like 2